Pvc Windows In Pattaya

NotNew2You

I am planning to replace and upgrade some standard aluminium sliding windows in my house to some mixture of fixed and casement PVC windows. Some windows will be single pane and other double-pane. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with particular brands or installation companies in Pattaya? I will get quotes from ARC, Euro PVC, and PVC Thailand.

Thanks in advance for any information.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got all my windows done a few years ago from arc and I have been very happy with them so far the build quality is good the only fault I have is the locks on the handles with the key some lock some don't. They have come down in price a lot since I bought mine as they were the only company at that time making uvpc windows.

Regards

Scotsman

• 6 months later...
I am planning to replace and upgrade some standard aluminium sliding windows in my house to some mixture of fixed and casement PVC windows. Some windows will be single pane and other double-pane. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with particular brands or installation companies in Pattaya? I will get quotes from ARC, Euro PVC, and PVC Thailand.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Maybe to late now but if not then feel free to PM me. Your PM system does not seem to be accepting messages though.

My son is the owner of Europvc Windows Pattaya.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Got my doors done by EuroPVC and have to say the service and quality was excellent and they were installed quite quickly.

One thing I would say though was that it was considerably more expensive than I envisaged paying, I would have got it far cheaper in the UK. Another problem was that they didnt paint the walls where they had cracked due to the installation, and for the price I paid it should have been included.

I am happy with the end result though and would recommend using them even if I did pay over the odds.

:o

• 1 month later...

If you want the best you have to use ARC, yes they are more expensive but you get the best quality UPVC and all around locking.

You get what you pay for! Don't be fooled in to thinking you get a good deal from a cheaper suplier.

I did loads of research on this before I made the push to have ARC do my windows.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want the best you have to use ARC, yes they are more expensive but you get the best quality UPVC and all around locking.

You get what you pay for! Don't be fooled in to thinking you get a good deal from a cheaper suplier.

I did loads of research on this before I made the push to have ARC do my windows.

Arc use veka profiles ( that are German but actually imported from China ) the hardware they use is availiable to all window companies as all Pvc profile systems use a "eurogroove" fitting to allow the fittings to be attached to nearly all pvc extrusions.

The best quality pvc ?

There are a miriad of extrusions availiable now in Thailand by a miriad of fabricators all vying for a place in an expanding market.

These include Inoutic ( formally Thyssen Polymer ) Veka , Kommerling , Shide , Peonutek to name a few.

Don,t be fooled by all the "GERMAN" references as GERMAN STANDARD does not mean it is from Germany but purley it has been extruded to "German Standards".

If you want to be certain where your window profiles / hardware actually originate from simply ask for the import doc ...... I'm guessing not to many will offer this up.

And most importantly NO matter how good the product is , if the installation teams are not it means diddly.

Three friends just built houses in the last 8 months and two used Euro PVC and the other used Windsor.

The 2 with the Euro had exceptional service and installation with very personal service. The product looks good and performs as advertised.

The one using the Windsor also seems happy but I have not seen him as he is out of country. He did experience a break in shortly after he moved in and the bad guys popped the cheap locks very easy. He did not buy the optional more secure system of multipoint locks.

I got mine done by Windsor on Sukhumvit Rd and wouldnt recomend them. The fitting team didn,t know what they were doing at all. i have never seen anything like it. And in the recent rains the rain pored in. I definetely wouldn't recommend them.

I got mine done by Windsor on Sukhumvit Rd and wouldnt recomend them. The fitting team didn,t know what they were doing at all. i have never seen anything like it. And in the recent rains the rain pored in. I definetely wouldn't recommend them.

Mayhaps this is the reason the owner of this company left the country?

Maybe you can expand the comment about Windsor and the owner leaving?

Windsor is quite a large company and has a distribution network around the provinces. HomeMart stores in the Pattaya-Rayong area have Windsor shops adjacent to their stores. I don't know if these are small franchises or what. So if one small operator does not perform I would not necessarily blame Windsor (the product). I have friends that have Windsor windows from the factory/main store in Rayong and they were pleased with the install and service.

Windsor is quite a large company and has a distribution network around the provinces. HomeMart stores in the Pattaya-Rayong area have Windsor shops adjacent to their stores. I don't know if these are small franchises or what. So if one small operator does not perform I would not necessarily blame Windsor (the product). I have friends that have Windsor windows from the factory/main store in Rayong and they were pleased with the install and service.

The man asked for good or bad experiences. My experience with Windsor was very bad and i wouldn't recommend them hoping you get lucky and get an installation team that knows what they are doing. Before the company lets a team lose on your home they should be checked and deemed competent, this lot were not by any stretch of the imagination competent.

Oops. My error. I was too quick out of the starting blocks and wasn't careful enough when reading a post. It is of course the purchaser that is/was absent from LoS and not the owner of Windsor. I was too sharp and cut myself.

I hope that somebody from Windsor is following this thread and that they take positive action in monitoring the standards and practices of those actually installing the windows. If a bunch of cowboys are muddying the waters then Windsor itself will suffer.

Has this company any connection with a certain UK person named Betty Windsor who has been sitting on the throne for most of her life. Somebody ought to tell her about Imodium.

Further to tftest's question above, what is the big deal about pvc? I have always used aluminium and been very happy with the results. I've also found that when thick, tinted glass is used, there is very little flex and even the cops, when demonstrating a break in for our local neighbourhood watch group and using my house for the demo, could not enter through the window (without even using deadlocks or multilocks to secure the window).

How durable is pvc to sunlight?

Further to tftest's question above, what is the big deal about pvc? I have always used aluminium and been very happy with the results. I've also found that when thick, tinted glass is used, there is very little flex and even the cops, when demonstrating a break in for our local neighbourhood watch group and using my house for the demo, could not enter through the window (without even using deadlocks or multilocks to secure the window).

How durable is pvc to sunlight?

A breif explination of pvc

Pvc / Vinyl window systems are available now all over Thailand .

The actaul pvc is only part of the overall finished product. All fabricators will import this from various extrusion companies ( the "brand" name you may associate pvc with , i.e Veka , Thyssen , Kommerling etc.).

The quality of these extrusions varies dramatically from company and profile . The main agent for giving Pvc its colour is Titanium dioxide and its the content of this within the profile wich will dictate if the pvc will discolour in time or not. When new they will all look exactly the same but i assure you there actual make up is not. This alone will dictate if the product will discolour in time or not. You should check the small print on the suppliers warranty some exclude the colour or give it a limited warranty others give a full 10 year warranty on colour.

It is interesting to note that people refer to the windows either by brand name or by individual fabricator and state their pros and cons to both. When infact the same fabricator may well be supplying two or even three different brand name profiles in the market place.

You really should remeber that when choosing a window supplier the pvc as stated above is only a Component of the finished system . Other questions should be asked also , Is the profile re-inforced ( is it galvanised steel ? what is the thickness of this ) ( a simple test to see if re-inforcemnt is being used is to run a magnet over the profile ) what hardware is used ( is it european , chinese ? , you Will find alot of suppliers offering "German" pvc windows and use chinese hardware and fittings to reduce costs).

This also extends to the locking systems used , are they full multi -point , simple finger locks , self cliping , brass , steel , stainless ?

As with all window systems as I stated before unless it is installed correctly you will reduce its benefits drastically. If you have made you decision as to wich supplier to use I highly recommend you visit previous installations and not just the ones they take you too but others they don't tell you about afterall if there taking you to see an existing customer they wouldn't take you to an unhappy one would they ?

General pricing for pvc per square meter is actually quite difficult as it depends on design , size , glass spec , hardware etc . etc. some companies will give an indication but would generally base this on a "typical design and size" and probably wont be what your after. That said an indication for a "standard" home replacement in single glass will range from around 2,500Thb to 5,000Thb per square meter depending on the quality your after and the options used.

A few advantages of pvc

Pvc during fabrication uses a friction weld on its corners rather than in aluminium where a "mechanical" joint is used so is much less exposed to water leakage

Sea salt air has no affect on Pvc as Aluminium will oxidise / corrode if scratched or exposed

The use of double / triple glazing is a standard option for pvc

It is the "greenest" option for windows for the envoiroment and is 100 % recyclable

Pvc is a very poor conductor of heat , the transmission of heat to the interior is considerably less than aluminium

It can be used for virtually any window design including arch and circular designs

The lifetime of a pvc window based on data from Euope is 40 years

Termites and such creatures do not attack pvc as they will in wooden subframes sometimes used by aluminium window systems

The use of Galvanised steel for structual strength

Full Multipoint lock options give higher spec security over standard aluminium frames

Hope the above makes things a little clearer :) Any more questions i'll try to answer with an unbiased reply :D

• Like 1

The pvc explanation is very informative and clear.

The points about heat transfer variance and locking systems between aluminum and pvc are two of the major reasons many people lean to pvc I think.

If you intend to keep your windows open a majority of the time in a non air conned environment then the extra expense of pvc is almost a waste of money.

Thanks N47HAN. That certainly answered my question and also means I will be looking into pvc when I get around to building. Cheers.

Glad to help Phrakanon , seem to remember you gave me some advice a year or two back that was extremely helpfull at the time :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks N47HAN. That certainly answered my question and also means I will be looking into pvc when I get around to building. Cheers.

Glad to help Phrakanon , seem to remember you gave me some advice a year or two back that was extremely helpfull at the time :)

Euro UPVC came to measure up my balcony sliding doors on Thursday afternoon and I haven't heard anything since then.

I loved their product and service up until then.

They said they would email or phone me, nothing, very disappointed.

I will go and get a quote from ARC now.

Regards

Euro UPVC came to measure up my balcony sliding doors on Thursday afternoon and I haven't heard anything since then.

I loved their product and service up until then.

They said they would email or phone me, nothing, very disappointed.

I will go and get a quote from ARC now.

Regards

That's very surprising to hear about Euro. I had more than a nice experience with the service regarding getting information and pricing. Contact was via email and phone. I have at least 3 friends that bought windows and doors there. I ended up choosing a higher quality aluminum frame as pvc was not in my budget.

Don't write off Euro that quick there must be a valid reason for the no contact.

Aaron is very good and dedicated to his customers

There was a thread here or on the Pattaya forum about a year ago or less that covered a person using WR windows. As I recall he replace all his doors and windows with WR products and he was very happy.

I tried a "search" here but I can't locate the thread.

I myself had a price quote from WR and sat with the rep for more than an hour learning what he could provide. As with the other vendors of Upvc windows and doors it all depends on the profiles you choose and what you're budget will allow. They all seem to sell a quality product. The service you get from each will vary and this is where these different vendors are different. A machine will make a window profile, the particular company will build the frames with a machine to the size requirements but the installer is the one you meet and interact with. The sales/service rep is the one you deal with during all phases of the sale and install. This is the one you have to have the "warm and fuzzies" with. Go with the shop that make you feel comfortable and fits your budget.

All the dealers sell a decent product as far as I can tell. I think each outfit; EURO, WR, ARC, Windsor and at least 3 others all have a decent product. You just have to be careful in what profiles you choose. Talk with each rep and learn. They are all willing to impart their knowledge to the prospective client even if they choose the competitor's profiles

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to give my company a call :)

Project Supplies Direct ( We actually cover virtually all of Thailand )

Sponsors of TV

Plug Over :D

I am still going with my recommendation for ARC.

Thanks for your explanation N4, very informative, from my research and time spent looking at all the companies and products on offer I went with ARC as I got the vibe they could provide the best solution for me.

On the installation they sent 5 guys to my house for over 4 days and did an excellent job. Up Country.

I have seen some of the poor quality stuff on offer in Thailand, with no better locks than the cheap aluminium windows most people have. For my house I wanted to improve the security as well so have all my windows fitted with multipoint locks. I did not want to go down he Horrible bars over the windows method, but provide better locks than the aluminuium windows gave.

I too have chosen ARC for my new house in Pranburi. After a rather comprehensive study of the uPVC market and its products here in Thailand my conclusion is that ARC and WR are the two best suppliers.

Some companies, no names, actually deliver thinner quality frames than what they charge for, but since this fraud can only be detected by cutting the frames it for most of the times get unnoticed.

That would be me at a guess :) I had all the doors and windows replaced with WR Profiles and am still very pleased with the service and quality of fitting, The price was good too !! A decent guy running the business and they do a great Job, have no problem recommending them at all !!

Cheers

There was a thread here or on the Pattaya forum about a year ago or less that covered a person using WR windows. As I recall he replace all his doors and windows with WR products and he was very happy.

I tried a "search" here but I can't locate the thread.

I myself had a price quote from WR and sat with the rep for more than an hour learning what he could provide. As with the other vendors of Upvc windows and doors it all depends on the profiles you choose and what you're budget will allow. They all seem to sell a quality product. The service you get from each will vary and this is where these different vendors are different. A machine will make a window profile, the particular company will build the frames with a machine to the size requirements but the installer is the one you meet and interact with. The sales/service rep is the one you deal with during all phases of the sale and install. This is the one you have to have the "warm and fuzzies" with. Go with the shop that make you feel comfortable and fits your budget.

All the dealers sell a decent product as far as I can tell. I think each outfit; EURO, WR, ARC, Windsor and at least 3 others all have a decent product. You just have to be careful in what profiles you choose. Talk with each rep and learn. They are all willing to impart their knowledge to the prospective client even if they choose the competitor's profiles

• 3 months later...
I too have chosen ARC for my new house in Pranburi. After a rather comprehensive study of the uPVC market and its products here in Thailand my conclusion is that ARC and WR are the two best suppliers.

Some companies, no names, actually deliver thinner quality frames than what they charge for, but since this fraud can only be detected by cutting the frames it for most of the times get unnoticed.

Thanks!

So it seems that ARC and WR are the best, but ARC is more expensive ?

What about Windsor and Euro PVC?

If you also know what should be the price of a traditional Sliding door (double sliding door) I am also interested.

ARC did all my windows around 7-8 years ago.. They are still working perfectly.. No discolouration/cracking etc. They came and upgraded the locks for a very minimal charge a couple of years back.. Good fitting crew and good service.. They are much cheaper now than when I purchased mine.. But cost wasn't my highest priority.. Low maintenance, quality glass and security were..