Good Manicure/beauty Treatment/hair Stylist - Ekamai

Familyonthemove

My wife and daughter arrive from England next week and I'm trying to help them settle in by sorting out some essentials. I've checked out the hospitals, dentists, restaurants, supermarkets etc now I'm onto those last few details ....

Any recommended places around Ekamai/Sukhumvit 63 where my wife can get all those essential 'womens things' done? The usual 10,000 km service routine of nails and whatever else it is you ladies do to look so good.

Also - after a traumatic hair lightening disaster in India (not that my wife isn't a true blonde you understand) she now flies back to the UK to get her hair done. So to help reduce global warming can you recommend a good hair studio that can treat ferang hair properly?

I've had a hair cut in U&I Hair Studio on Ekamai - and all I noticed was that the stylist 'Cindy' was stunning even by Thai standards .... and I could have come out bald and not noticed - but has anyone tried this place for any hair treatment?

I've also seen some very trendy looking places in Emporium and Paragon - are these the places my wife should be trying?

Any help from the experts much appreciated.

Strange .... fortyfive views and not one reply?

And yet posts making wild generalisations about female-kind get plenty of responses.

I have a few of theories ....

1. There's no TV posters living in the Ekamai area ... possible, but it's an expat area and even Thai ladies need beauty treatment sometimes?

2. You don't want to recommend your favourite place in case it gets booked up next time you want to use it?

3. There are no places in Bangkok anyone would recommend ... unlikely

I'm going to stick to talking to the chaps about bikes, bars and ladyboys and leave the beauty shop hunting to my wife.

So much for the sisterhood.