Banks Telling You To Beware Phishing Scams.

uptou

Hi,awile ago i booked a couple of flights online,& was abit frustrated after typing in all my credit card details that i was sent to a link that i couldnt exit without voiding the transaction.There used to be a "not now" type thing,but now you have to fill in your card details & go through with it.

The url was not the same as the bank,or it seems,connected to their website,& it looked suspicious,even though after checking it out i'm sure its fine,but why do banks encourage you to beware of suspicious url's & then do not use their own domain name for this type of thing?

Hi,awile ago i booked a couple of flights online,& was abit frustrated after typing in all my credit card details that i was sent to a link that i couldnt exit without voiding the transaction.There used to be a "not now" type thing,but now you have to fill in your card details & go through with it.

The url was not the same as the bank,or it seems,connected to their website,& it looked suspicious,even though after checking it out i'm sure its fine,but why do banks encourage you to beware of suspicious url's & then do not use their own domain name for this type of thing?

You lost me (and I imagine 99.9% of the other readers here) in the first sentence. You're booking flights on your bank's website? What?

Edited by Rice_King

I'm betting it was MasterCard's SecureCode. I get that on occasion and it really irritates the hel_l out of me.

Your on the money onethailand.I very rarely use my credit card online,so i'm not used to using the securecode,but it just seems that on one hand you have all the banks telling you to beware of suspicious url's,but then i have to fill in all my card details with no option of exiting the form,which has all the hallmarks of a scam url which they are warning you about in the first place.