Ftp Log Shows My Internet Speed

Khun Jack

I know that complaining about Internet speed In Thailand is as useful as complaining about the weather but...

if you see my FTP log of this afternoon.

[R] STOR dive.html

[R] 150 Accepted data connection

[R] 226-File successfully transferred

[R] 226 49.371 seconds (measured here), 142.01 bytes per second

Transferred: dive.html 6 KB in 51.72 seconds (0.1 KB/s)

[R] PASV

It took almost one minute to transfer 6 KB!.

My 'neighbor' has a seo business and all his employees were playing games in the whole morning, his expensive exclusive line was dead and he went with high speed to the CAT office to complain.

Its not about downloading large files, simple web browsing is taking to much time and it getting worse and worse. My telephone line has a perfect connection and browsing web pages with servers located in Thailand is fast enough.

There is a solution to have some backup, we can use another telephone line with Maxnet together with the Goldcyber from TOT, but we had a crap load problems with TT&T before some time ago that's why we have now TOT.

Connections sometimes are 'stuck' ... sometimes the problem lies on the other side. You should do a couple of transfers and then draw your conclusions.

As said in more than 1 thread, TOT has problems with their international traffic .... My download (with IDM) has been going down to 400kbs instead of the usual 1.8mbs. Upload speeds have been

decreased from 440kbs to 160kbs-250 kbs ...

8 files at a time still deliver the full 1.8mbs.

Edited by sniffdog