Best Place To Stay

donegalgirl

Hi, I am travelling to thailand for some fun at christmas time. I hope to get to see some nice places. Initially i will base myself in pattaya and i am looking for somewhere to stay. Can someone please tell me where (what district) is better. thank you.

The OP should give some clues as to mobility, price range, personal preferences and activities. Hotel? Renting? Leasing? Party animal? Cultural pursuits? Driving? Motorbiking? Walking?

Pattaya is HUGE if you lump in your Naklua, Jomtien, Pratumnak and over by the lake. Give us a few clues and the recommendations will come flooding in.

thank you all for your quick replies!!

I am travelling alone, so i need somewhere safe (i am a 30 year old girl). Shopping is a priority, but i also would like to be close to the nightlife. I will not be using the beach much but i would be interested in hiring a bike. thanks

I am travelling alone, so i need somewhere safe (i am a 30 year old girl). Shopping is a priority, but i also would like to be close to the nightlife. I will not be using the beach much but i would be interested in hiring a bike. thanks

Maybe around South Pattaya / 2nd Road / Pattaya Klang would be the best option for shopping and nightlife. A lot of shopping along 2nd/Beach Road/South Pattaya Road, and close to Walking street for nightlife.

Also maybe Soi Bua Khao as there are a couple of markets along that road..

I am also a young female and the above locations are the places I'd feel most comfortable if traveling alone.

Good luck! P.s Maybe check out boyz town whilst you're here.. Ha ha ha :o

Hi,

Dont even think about getting a bike, transport is quick cheap and readily available almost 24 hrs a day.

As for accomodation that really depends on your budget and what comfort zone you require.

I would strongly advise all ladies not to stay at the Grand Sole' Hotel in Pattaya and if you want to know why please contact me directly for more info.

YOu would do well to avoid swimming in the sea at Pattaya, its not that clean, and under no circumstances go down to walk along the Prom or areas too close to it after 7pm.

If you want to go somewere witha nice beach try koh Samet which is not too far from Pattaya, bit more expensive but all islands attract a premium, in fact I wish I was on the beach at Samet right now!

Enjoy your stay

Roy gsd

Dont even think about getting a bike, transport is quick cheap and readily available almost 24 hrs a day.

under no circumstances go down to walk along the Prom or areas too close to it after 7pm.

I'll have to agree with Roy, I wouldn't bother renting a bike on holiday, as transport is cheap and easy enough. Ive been here for many many years and still find the roads crazy when driving a motorbike!

I'd also recommend NOT walking down the beach side of beach road after dark, however the other side of beach road has a lot of shopping/restaurants and is not AS dangerous before 10-11pm, but where ever you go though, still be careful of your bag (Get a bag across your body, or a waist bag) and DONT wear gold jewelery!

Then don't bother coming to Pattaya you can max out on shopping, nightlife and no beaches in Bangkok.

Just don't bother with the mtoocy as they have skytrains.

A word of caution, if you have not booked accommodation, or you dont know someone here who can do it for you, i suggest you get it done now, accommodation is scarce and at a premium christmas time - especially south / central Pattaya area.

Good luck!

I would try 3 som guest house in soi LK metro, not the hilton but it is run by a young (23yo) American lady. If you are into partying she will lead you astray. I will try to get some more details, sam is a member and may chose to make her self known.

(I have no interest in the place, but know Sam from another board and have had 1 or 2 drinks with her on a number of occasions)

I recommend the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13. Decent and clean and walking distance to the best malls, including the grand new one they haven't finished yet. You can book direct online too.

In Pattaya???? :o:D:D

OK PP, so you are a Pattaya hater, big deal. Two negative, irrelevant and totally uninformative posts to a newbies honest request for assistance and information about Pattaya. Clever. Well done!