Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

, does anyone have any recommended online streaming sites to allow me to watch the celtic v Barca game live tonight?? Was planning to sign up and try a Celtic tv subscription, but I see viewers from outside UK are only guaranteed live SPL games with Celtic tv,,

Normally I have to do an online search at kick off time, but end up missing most of the first half before I find a half decent stream,, don't want to miss this one,,

Thanks

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

, does anyone have any recommended online streaming sites to allow me to watch the celtic v Barca game live tonight?? Was planning to sign up and try a Celtic tv subscription, but I see viewers from outside UK are only guaranteed live SPL games with Celtic tv,,

Normally I have to do an online search at kick off time, but end up missing most of the first half before I find a half decent stream,, don't want to miss this one,,

Thanks

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/football.html

Just finished watching the discussion on Sky and RTE. It must be one of the greatest nights in the history of Celtic. A monumental team effort to beat the mighty Barca. Lenny bringing on Tony Watt in the closing stages was a masterstroke. He took his goal brilliantly and nearly was in for another only to be fouled by Mascherano.

All the side were heroes especially Forster and Wanyama. I imagine CB is probably sleeping now with a huge smirk on his face. I intend to diminish my stock of whisky as I watch the goals from the other games.

Paradise is green againsmile.png

• Like 1

Here's a great read from CQN:

There have been many great nights in the 125 years of Celtic’s history but only a few will come close to matching tonight. Celtic faced the team who were widely regarded as the greatest team in history and for the second time in two weeks, taught them a lesson, but unlike the first game, this time Celtic got the result they deserved.

Celtic Quick News has been behind the curve when lauding Victor Wanyama, who opened the scoring on 21 minutes. The goal will live longer in the memory than the rest of his performance, which for the purists, is a pity, because he competed in a midfield with Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas and ran the show.

Victor won the possession which led to the opening goal by challenging Jordi Alba and winning a throw-in. Efe Ambrose’ throw returned to him allowing him to force a corner. The corner from Charlie Mulgrew dropped from the sky, six yards out, at the back post. Wanyama ran from the 18 yard line, out-jumped Jordi Alba and bulleted a header into the net. Valdes was helpless, Barcelona were helpless – 1-0!

I watched the goal. I was there.

Barcelona clipped the woodwork twice in the first half. Lionel Messi got incredible power behind a shot from 16 yards, achieved without a great deal of backswing, but Fraser Forster finger-tipped it onto the top of the crossbar. Several minutes later Alexis Sanchez found space behind Mulgrew and placed a header back across goal but only managed to clip the outside of the post. These chances apart, Celtic never looked in danger.

Celtic’s injury problems peaked before kick-off forcing Adam Matthews to left back replacing Emilio Izaguirre. Captain, Scott Brown, Gary Hooper, James Forrest and Lassad were also missing, but Matthews, on his wrong side, had the hardest job of the night.

Up against Dani Alves, Matthews was immense, as was Mikael Lustig at right back, but Matthews continually forced Alves inside, onto the Welshman’s stronger foot.

From my angle at the top of the North Stand I got to see Lionel Messi bullet a low shot towards the inside of Celtic’s far post from 15 yards. At that moment, Fraser Forster put himself into the goalkeeper stratosphere. He got a strong left hand onto the ball and turned it safe. He was a towering figure of strength throughout.

Song was booked for one challenge in the first half and could have been booked for another. When the referee declined to show him a red card for a third bookable offence in the second half, Barca manager Tito Vilanova decided he better hook the player while he still had the chance.

Efe Ambrose was punished for a foul just outside the box with 8 minutes left. It looked a dangerous position and it proved to be – for Barca.

Fraser Forster took a risk by showing Lionel Messi lots of space at his near post. This was a huge moment and an enormous decision for the young keeper. Messi took the bait but Fraser was moving the moment the ball was hit and was there to collect from the out-smarted Argentine genius.

Forster strode to the edge of his area before clearing from his hands. Wait for this….

Forster’s lump forward reached Xavi around chest height. Xavi had earlier controlled a 70 yard aerial clearance from Forster with his heel, a moment of sublime skill. He may have been trying the same this time, only he will know, but whatever the plan, he missed the ball.

Tony Watt reacted. The lump forward bounced four times before the 18-year-old striker touched the ball. By then he was clear of the despairing Barcelona defenders but there was still lots to do. We have seen this moment dozens of times. The hardest thing to do in football is to finish when clean through on a goalkeeper at speed.

Steady, Tony. Valdes moved to close the angle but Watt shot. It was a goal! It was a goal! Celtic were two up!

Moments later Watt was clean through again and reached the edge of the 18-yard line before Mascherano pulled his arm back. Tony fell to the ground but the referee was 60 yards behind play, the assistants declined to declare the challenge a foul, as it would have been an inevitable red card.

It would not be Celtic-Barca without a late drama. Fraser Forster saved by diving low to his left in the first minute of added time but Messi pounced to fire the ball over the stranded keeper and pull one back for the Catalans. The remaining three minutes were sheer torture but the most almighty cheer of relief greeted the final whistle. One of the greatest teams in the history of the game had suffered their first competitive defeat of the season.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Celtic to be the first team to beat barca this season I believe.

And in the Champions League it's the first time in 3 years.

Brilliant emotional sight of Rod Stewart crying. For those who don't understand football, that show's just how much it means.

Congratulations to Celtic to be the first team to beat barca this season I believe.

That statistic has been bandied about a bit. Real Madrid beat them 2-1 in the 2nd leg of the Super Cup having lost 3-2 in the Nou Camp and thus won the trophy on away goals. Maybe that is being taken as pre season. At the risk of incurring the wrath of CB I do feel Barca are performing a good bit below their best at present.

Nevertheless a heroic victory for Celtic.

After the champagne of Wednesday night more flat beer today as Celtic dropped more points with a 1-1 home draw against St Johnstone. Thats 7 points dropped in the last three games.

It is very much beginning to look like every game is a matter of which Celtic will turn up. There is plenty of time to get the finger out in the SPL but one hopes a focused Celtic turn up next week in Lisbon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196378

This was on facebook when I got up a wee minute ago. Good news:

"Celtic are delighted to announce that Tony Watt has signed a new contract that will see him remain at the club until at least summer 2016."

What about Wanyama?

This was on facebook when I got up a wee minute ago. Good news:

"Celtic are delighted to announce that Tony Watt has signed a new contract that will see him remain at the club until at least summer 2016."

What about Wanyama?

He is under contract until 2014. He has declined to sign a new contract. The rumour mill has Man Utd interesed in signing him.

Celtic got back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Aberdeen at Pittrodie. The game was beginning to look like a 0-0 draw but Celtic broke through in the 74th minute. Wanyama burst through and from well outside the penalty area crashed a terrific drive off the post. Lassad on for less than 4 minutes for Commons reacted smartly to turn the rebound into an empty net. In another 4 minutes it was 2-0. Samaras came inside from the wing and although his square ball was partially blocked Charlie Mulgrew acrobatically got his left foot to it and finish in the bottom corner. Unlike the Dundee United game Celtic saw it out without any undue scares to go back to the top of the table.

Now onward and hopefully upward for Tuesday's CL clash with Benfica.

Celtic news

Snoop Dogg has Bhoy-hood dream

Rap star Snoop Dogg is considering buying into Celtic following their Champions League victory over Barcelona, according to the Daily Record.

GettyImages

Snoop Dogg at the launch of FIFA 13

Snoop Dogg, who was recently pictured wearing a Celtic shirt, named Georgios Samaras as his favourite player and said David Beckham had encouraged him to get involved at the SPL club. He even went as far as to say he'd like to see Beckham in the green and white hoops.

"I asked my man David [beckham] about Celtic and he was like, 'Yeah, teams don't come much bigger'," he told the paper. "I would try and sign him up for a season but he is pretty happy over here. LA is home for him and his family now - but I would have to at least make that offer to my boy.

"We have lunch when we can, so next time, you know, I am going to speak to him about it. Never say never.

"I got a lot of interest in soccer. It's not a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in sports teams but it is a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in soccer teams. I didn't catch the whole Barcelona game but I watched the highlights. I know Barcelona are a big deal, and it shows Celtic are a big deal as well.

"I see how passionate Celtic fans are about their team and I could see myself making an investment if any of the board wanted to sell. I haven't really thought how much. I don't need to run a soccer club but enough of a percentage to get me on the board so I can be heard. I want to bring a bit of Snoop to things.

"I am passionate about my sport. The boxes at Celtic would never be the same once I have hosted a party there.

"I like [Georgios] Samaras a lot. He looks like a proper athlete and is a pretty dangerous player. If we are to go far in Europe, he needs to play well."

Snoop Dogg obviously has a thing about hoops, as last year he performed a concert at London's Kentish Town Forum wearing a QPR shirt. He recently moved into reggae under the name "Snoop Lion".