Help

billd766

Can any of the techies or moderators please help me.

Several times now I have been working the forum and tried to post a reply and I get a report saying that I cannot reply as I am not logged in.

It has happened twice on this session and a couple of times last week.

It is not a big deal as I just log in again but it is annoying.

:o:D

You can always see your status at the top of the page,

Logged on as.........

Assuming this is your personal computer?

If you are not being logged on automatically, then you may have cookies turned off?

Check in your browser settings.

You can always see your status at the top of the page,

Logged on as.........

Assuming this is your personal computer?

If you are not being logged on automatically, then you may have cookies turned off?

Check in your browser settings.

Astral

Yes I was actually logged on and in mid session. I tried to reply to a post and I was not allowed to as I had not logged in. I went back and saw that I was still logged in and tried again, same result. Logged in again and no problem for a while and then it happened again.

It doesn't happen every time and I can go 3, 4 or 5 days with no problem and it happens again in the middle of the session.

Yes it is my personal laptop.

If the cookies were turned off then it should happen every time and it does not.

Confused, in the sticks,in the North. (But actually in BKK for a few days).

I just have the same problem using Firefox this morning. Was not logged in, as normal, when site loaded. Logged in but almost every time I changed page(message) came back as not logged in. Returned to IE6 which came up logged in and worked fine.

Change advanced setting in Firefox Tabbed Browsing from open in the most recent tab to a new tab in the most recent window.

Firefox has been working fine since but not sure why, or if, the tabbed setting had anything to do with it. The IE6 log in corrected problem? Or am just going crazy faster than I know. :o

Sounds like a incompatibility problem with some browsers.

I use Opera 7.54 and all is well.

The only problem was after the swtich to the new s/w, when I had to logon manually the first time. After that it was OK.

What browser, name & version are you using Bild766?

When did the problem start?

Did you change any other parameters around that time?

Astral

I am using Firefox 1.0 and the problem started last week.

I also use AIS GPRS as there is no land line availabe for me (only been waiting a year or so).

I have not changed any settings and since my original post I have not had a problem.

I am in Bangkok at the moment and not at home in the North so it is not a cellsite problem.

Pass is the answer.

I have no problems today other than the forum is slow in loading but that is probably due to the AIS system.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE BEEN LOGGED OUT, 3 TIMES SINCE I LOGGED IN DURING THE FIRST 10 MINUTES AND THAT WAS ONLY BY THE TIME I REACHED THE END OF PAGE 2.

I HAVE MADE NO CHANGES TO FIREFOX AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT I AM NOW BACK AT HOME IN THE NORTH AGAIN.

YESTERDAY IT WAS TAKING UP TO 1 MINUTE TO LOAD A PAGE, NORMALLY IT IS LESS.

WAS YESTERDAY A BUSY DAY?

IS IT ME OR IS ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

I DON'T REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO IE 6 AGAIN. IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE I CAN USE?

SIGN ME AS UNHAPPY IN THE STICKS

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem, using firefox 0.9

Everything shows I'm logged in, but trying to post results in a page saying I'm not logged in!

Only solution is firing up my old silly Internet explorer (which I would rather not do!)

Funny thing is, it works OK most of the time, but sometimes it simply refuses to accept I'm logged on...

Weird, it should either work or not :o

I have exactly the same problem, using firefox 0.9

Everything shows I'm logged in, but trying to post results in a page saying I'm not logged in!

Only solution is firing up my old silly Internet explorer (which I would rather not do!)

Funny thing is, it works OK most of the time, but sometimes it simply refuses to accept I'm logged on...

Weird, it should either work or not  :o

First I would upgrade to Firefox 1.0 and then find all the cookies from www.thaivisa.com and delete them. Let new cookies be sent to Firefox and the trouble may cease (it did for me). Got to Tools/options/privacy/cookies/view cookies and scroll down to delete them.