Translation Of A Us Birth Certificate Into Thai

Hi Folks,

I would like please to know how to translate a US Birth Certificate into Thai and get it legalized by the Thai MFA here in Bangkok? I know I will get sticks for it, but I didn't pass by the Thai Embassy in DC. Although the Birth Certificate is been Legalized by the US Department of State.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great weekend!

CMC

Hi Folks,

I would like please to know how to translate a US Birth Certificate into Thai and get it legalized by the Thai MFA here in Bangkok? I know I will get sticks for it, but I didn't pass by the Thai Embassy in DC. Although the Birth Certificate is been Legalized by the US Department of State.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great weekend!

CMC

Didn't get a birth certificate translated but a marraige certificate, should be the same thing though. I had to get a letter from the British Embassy saying it was a genuine certificate then took it to one of the translation shops on Wireless Road, they can do everything for you or you can pick it up and take it to the MoFA yourself and sit for half a day total cost was about 2,500 baht (embassy letter cost 1200 baht). Hope this is of help to you.

Didn't get a birth certificate translated but a marraige certificate, should be the same thing though. I had to get a letter from the British Embassy saying it was a genuine certificate then took it to one of the translation shops on Wireless Road, they can do everything for you or you can pick it up and take it to the MoFA yourself and sit for half a day total cost was about 2,500 baht (embassy letter cost 1200 baht). Hope this is of help to you.

I guess should be a similar process for the US Embassy. Any thoughts from our fellow americans?

Thanks a lot.

CMC

why do u need it translaleted into thai?

I also had my english us marriage translated at a lawyers office in Phuket, think it was like 200 baht only. You don tneed to go to the embassy for anything.

MY daughter was born in thailand we had her thai BC translated into english for the same price. Also the report of birth abroad in enghlish translated into thai. U dont need spend a fortune'just make sure they are a certified translator service and it is stamped and dated

If you need a translation + legalization from the MFA, from English to Thai:

1) Go directly at the MFA. Some people are waiting there at the doors and offer translation. It's about 300 baht per page, Thai/English, English/Thai. It will take 30 minutes. It's just more convenient then using another agency and faster.

2) Go on the second floor (for Americans! First floor for British) to make it legalized. Price is 200 baht per document for normal processing (you pick it up the next day) or the double (400 baht per document) for a speedy processing (you will wait about 2-3 hours).

The MFA is not far from Don Muang airport...or about 100 baht if you take a cab from Mo Chit.

[

Strange, when I married my wife in UK, and our baby was born in the Uk, we went to the Thai embassy in London, filled some forms in to record the marriage, and to confirm our baby, paid for a Thai birth certificate. At no time did we have to produce Thai translations, nor when arriving back in Thailand have we ever had to show Thai translations, from English. The reason... Thailand 2nd and international language is English. (by the way our baby has dual nationally, with two passports).

[/qStrange, when I married my wife in UK, and our baby was born in the Uk, we went to the Thai embassy in London, filled some forms in to record the marriage, and to confirm our baby, paid for a Thai birth certificate. At no time did we have to produce Thai translations, nor when arriving back in Thailand have we ever had to show Thai translations, from English. The reason... Thailand 2nd and international language is English. (by the way our baby has dual nationally, with two passports).uote]

why do u need it translaleted into thai?

the embassy for anything.

MY daughter was born in thailand we had her thai BC translated into english for the same price. Also the report of birth abroad in enghlish translated into thai. U dont need spend a fortune'just make sure they are a certified translator service and it is stamped and datedI also had my english us marriage translated at a lawyers office in Phuket, think it was like 200 baht only. You don tneed to go to

Because I would like to issue a Thai BC for my US born daughter whose mother (my wife) is Thai.

If you need a translation + legalization from the MFA, from English to Thai:

1) Go directly at the MFA. Some people are waiting there at the doors and offer translation. It's about 300 baht per page, Thai/English, English/Thai. It will take 30 minutes. It's just more convenient then using another agency and faster.

2) Go on the second floor (for Americans! First floor for British) to make it legalized. Price is 200 baht per document for normal processing (you pick it up the next day) or the double (400 baht per document) for a speedy processing (you will wait about 2-3 hours).

The MFA is not far from Don Muang airport...or about 100 baht if you take a cab from Mo Chit.

Sounds great! Just to make sure: I don't need any seal from the US Embassy or anything on it to get it translated? May be I am naive, but if that's the case, how can the "translators" tell if the BC is genuine and not a fake without a recognisable seal tp them?

Strange, when I married my wife in UK, and our baby was born in the Uk, we went to the Thai embassy in London, filled some forms in to record the marriage, and to confirm our baby, paid for a Thai birth certificate. At no time did we have to produce Thai translations, nor when arriving back in Thailand have we ever had to show Thai translations, from English. The reason... Thailand 2nd and international language is English. (by the way our baby has dual nationally, with two passports).

I know there is a similar process with the Thai Consulate in NY. But, if you have read my opening question, I am now based in Thailand and wanted to see if there is a way to get it done here without having us to go back to the US soon just for that!

Thanks guys for your replies! More feedbacks are very welcomed.

You would have to go to the US Embassy and get their seal that the documents are real.

Even that the copy of your passport picture page is from the real document.

If it is as per Australian rules, you would need 3 documents seen and certified at the US Embassy:

Baby's Birt Certificate

Marriage certificate

Copy of your passport

Then, use any of many agencies to translate it into Thai and get it stamped by Thai MFA or whatere that place is. The agencies have their own path, motobike couriers who do that all day. IMO, not worth going there in person.

Furthermore, I would recommend you do it all (from zero to the end) through an agency, they do that for a living and know every trick and curb.

Birth Certificate is been Legalized by the US Department of State.

You've already taken the biggest step, as State Dept certification gives a no questions asked seal of approval (at least this was my experience in dealing with the Thai Embassy in DC).

I don't need any seal from the US Embassy or anything on it to get it translated? May be I am naive, but if that's the case, how can the "translators" tell if the BC is genuine and not a fake without a recognisable seal tp them?

The State Dept certification should do the trick here as well as in DC (but, then, stranger things have happened when dealing with Thai bureaucracy....).

Hi Folks,

To be grateful for your help and for all the other users information, I thought I should post the outcome of my endeavor.

1- Went to the US Embassy in Bangkok, explained to them what is my purpose, and showed to them two versions of my one years old daughter's US Birth Certificate(BC): One with the Department of State (DS) Seal on it and one without. Suprisingly, they preferred the the one without the DS seal and made me issue an affidavit on the truthness of the BC information, and put the Embassy Seal on it. Total processing time about 30 mins. Fees: 1200 Bahts

2- Went to the Thai MFA Legalization Division in Laksi near the old airport (not the MFA headquaters which in a totally different location!), had the US Embassy Seal certified (affixed an official sticker at the back of the affidavit). Processing time about 3 hours. Fees: 400 Bahts.

Job done!

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks!

CMC