Englishman Is Arrested For Selling Sex Drugs

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: August 9th 2008

Englishman Arrested for Selling Sex Drugs

English tourist Albert Weaver found himself in trouble at Pattaya Police Station on the 8th August.

He had been arrested and brought into the Operation Centre for Special Crime to answer charges of attempting to sell the sex stimulant drug Kamagra without a licence.

In fact, the 62 year old Englishman was found in possession of 4 boxes of the Gel version and 167 blister packs of the tablets worth an estimated 50,000 baht when police swooped on his apartment that morning.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya People Newspaper

Albert Weaver relaxes with bottled water and sex drugs at Pattaya Police Station

post-26634-1218291524_thumb.jpg

Edited by libya 115

Why would anyone want to sell what you can easily buy in a pharmacy? :o

Probably cheap knock-offs bought in Cambo/Burma/Laos and selling for a sizeable profit. Not an uncommon practise from what I hear, though the quality of the knock-offs could be suspect.

OK, I know I am a bleeding heart, but this guy looks to be a homely harmless older gentlemen just trying to turn a baht helping his fellow oldies get some pleasure out of life. I hope he is not treated too harshly. Not like its yaa baa and lets face it if not for the erection meds, the local economy would come to a standstill. So you might say he was doing his part to prop it up.

Edited by Jingthing

....often people end up feeling shafted :D

Only those dancing at Jenny's (and other select venues according to britmaveric) :o

The rest of us get our shafts felt up ! :D

As far as this guy is concerned, while (relatively) harmless, is still technically illegal. He's taking business away from the pharmacies (and could be considered to be working without a permit).

While we know that standards in Thailand tend to be somewhat lax (if they exist at all), the knock-off drugs bought over the border could be literally anything and could cause more harm than good (or just be no good at all).

Probably get fined and released (assuming everything else is in order, like his passport and visa).

OK, I know I am a bleeding heart, but this guy looks to be a homely harmless older gentlemen just trying to turn a baht helping his fellow oldies get some pleasure out of life.

Oh my god...do I believe what I'm reading. Is this the same Jing who wants to organize a citywide boycott of the meter taxi drivers for committing the dastardly deed of not using their meters; but has teary-eyed sympathy for someone flagrantly breaking a multitude of the Kingdom's laws!!!

I mean, lets see, just off the top of my head, we have: (1) Visa violations as it's most likely he's on a retirement or tourist visa, both of which prohibit working; (2) The related charge of working without a WP; (3) Operating a business without a properly registered Thai corporation; (4) Doing business without the appropriate business license or VAT registration; (5) Failing to file annual corporate tax returns and payment of VAT and other taxes; (6) Possession and sale of "controlled" medical products without proper training and without necessary permits/licenses from the Government Pharmaceutical Office and/or Thai Food and Drug Administration. I am sure there are many more too.

This is to say nothing of the fact that the "medicines" he was selling were at the best harmless fakes, and at the worst, dangerous counterfeits, which were likely manufactured without proper quality controls and were intended to be ingested by purchasers. Said purchasers may have been put at a health risk from these sub-standard or no-standard pills.

Apparently it's ok for a foreigner to break the law to earn a few baht...but is is NOT ok for a Thai national to try to make a few extra baht in their own country by not using a meter if they drive a taxi!

My oh my...talk about having double standards...I never thought anyone would stoop so low :o

Edited by NotNew2You

Is this the same Jing who wants to organize a citywide boycott of the meter taxi drivers for committing the dastardly deed of not using their meters; but has teary-eyed sympathy for someone flagrantly breaking a multitude of the Kingdom's laws Kingdom!!!

Same guy, dude, you drama queen.

BTW, if you want an explanation, this was one guy acting alone offering a product. You could take it or leave it. I realize he is legitimately in hot water. I think he must be very dumb for trying this and I do have sympathy for mentally impaired people. I have also read most of the Thai prison books and think in some ways this is a very barbaric country, that in many cases the punishments are way out of proportion to the crime. I think the same way about my home country, BTW.

A taxi system is a public service which impacts the entire city. Totally different things.

Edited by Jingthing

I tried the Jel stuff once before, but it didn't do anything for me, infact it just made it all sticky. Then I tried the tablet, but it got stuck in my throat and I had a stiff neck all day. :o

Wonder what will be the outcome of this then? A slap on the wrists or a hefty fine? Seems like there are bigger fish to fry here in Pattaya.

Wonder what will be the outcome of this then? A slap on the wrists or a hefty fine? Seems like there are bigger fish to fry here in Pattaya.

Now that its been on the news it won't be cheap to pay his way out.. If he doesn't pay up, court, fine, deportation I woulda thought..

Now that its been on the news it won't be cheap to pay his way out.. If he doesn't pay up, court, fine, deportation I woulda thought..

Another case of crime DOES pay in Thailand, to the coppers anyhow.