Bangrak Beach Road Open Again....

Last night approx. 11.00pm big car crash near 7/11. 2 cars and several bikes damaged. Not know if anyone got hurt, but could well be.

This morning a fire in the same area, road completely colsed and diverted over Ghost Road/Temple.

Hope that's all for now..... :o

Last night? It was this morning about 07:30. I was surfing the internet and heard a loud pop and the electricity went out. It came on again and after a few minutes another pop and it went down. A neighbor then told me that "7-11 is gone" and I went to check. A pick-up (maybe a car, hard to tell anymore) ran into a pole in front of 7-11 by the pier cutting it in half. It then crushed the truck. Apparently no one was killed.

P8100210.jpg

Edited by koheesti

Koheesti is correct, is was earlier this morning not last night.

Electricity and internet have already been restored too, that has to be a record!

Notice the HALF a motorbike just above the guys head in the bottom right of the picture. This bike was literally cut in half. Thankfully no one was on it!

Can you confirm that 7-11 is gone.

Hard to see from the pic what building it is.

7/11 is gone and so is the bank next door.

And there was another accident last night (nothing to do with what happened this morning).

On the pic you can still see the metal rods from the bank, the 'building' next door was 7/11

Last night approx. 11.00pm big car crash near 7/11. 2 cars and several bikes damaged. Not know if anyone got hurt, but could well be.

This morning a fire in the same area, road completely colsed and diverted over Ghost Road/Temple.

Hope that's all for now..... :o

Last night? It was this morning about 07:30. I was surfing the internet and heard a loud pop and the electricity went out. It came on again and after a few minutes another pop and it went down. A neighbor then told me that "7-11 is gone" and I went to check. A pick-up (maybe a car, hard to tell anymore) ran into a pole in front of 7-11 by the pier cutting it in half. It then crushed the truck. Apparently no one was killed.

P8100210.jpg

looked like a mitubishi by the way the back end of the truck is styled. apartly the driver fled and was a drunk thai male. yet to be confirmed

Can you confirm that 7-11 is gone.

Hard to see from the pic what building it is.

7/11 is gone and so is the bank next door.

And there was another accident last night (nothing to do with what happened this morning).

On the pic you can still see the metal rods from the bank, the 'building' next door was 7/11

what happened to the money in the bank was it burnt and atm machine. i herd the police were there before the firemen!

Anyone sure that no one was hurt????

I found out late afternoon yesterday that there was in fact someone hurt quite badly.

One of my customers has a Thai wife who had got up early to go to the temple and went to 7-11 on the way home. She had just opened the door of 7-11 when the vehicle hit the pole and her. She ended up under the pickup and caught fire when the gasoline etc ignited. She managed to crawl out by herself and with the help of a young lad from 7-11 roll in the dirt to get the flames out.

She was till strong enough and conscious enough to give her motorbike keys to the boy and tell him to take her to hospital. So with most of her hair gone, 3rd degree burns over a significant part of her body, skin falling off, she clung to the back of the 7-11 boy as he took her down the ghost road to Bandon hospital.

While this is not the best way to get to hospital it was probably the fastest and with significant burns, speed is of the essence. After taking the lady to hospital, the boy then took the motorbike to the husband and with little English managed to communicate to him where his wife was. It still amazes me the strength of Dang who must have been able to communicate where her house was to the boy while still in a state of shock etc from the accident and burns.

I met with her husband last night and he states she is stable, is bandaged from head to toe with just her eyes nose and mouth showing. They had just wheeled in the portable x-ray machine to check for broken bones etc, but it appears that there was not too much of that.

The family of the driver had been in visiting and the driver is currently with the police.

It is an amazing story of personal courage on both Dang and the boys part, and because it happened so quickly and without any ambulances etc it got missed by most people.

The husband has been in Samui a number of years, was previously partner in a bar in Bophut and had a serious accident a few years ago and spent months in Hospital with his caring wife by his side. It looks like he will unfortunately get to return the favour.

If anyone wants more details, please PM me.

I found out late afternoon yesterday that there was in fact someone hurt quite badly.

One of my customers has a Thai wife who had got up early to go to the temple and went to 7-11 on the way home. She had just opened the door of 7-11 when the vehicle hit the pole and her. She ended up under the pickup and caught fire when the gasoline etc ignited. She managed to crawl out by herself and with the help of a young lad from 7-11 roll in the dirt to get the flames out.

She was till strong enough and conscious enough to give her motorbike keys to the boy and tell him to take her to hospital. So with most of her hair gone, 3rd degree burns over a significant part of her body, skin falling off, she clung to the back of the 7-11 boy as he took her down the ghost road to Bandon hospital.

While this is not the best way to get to hospital it was probably the fastest and with significant burns, speed is of the essence. After taking the lady to hospital, the boy then took the motorbike to the husband and with little English managed to communicate to him where his wife was. It still amazes me the strength of Dang who must have been able to communicate where her house was to the boy while still in a state of shock etc from the accident and burns.

I met with her husband last night and he states she is stable, is bandaged from head to toe with just her eyes nose and mouth showing. They had just wheeled in the portable x-ray machine to check for broken bones etc, but it appears that there was not too much of that.

The family of the driver had been in visiting and the driver is currently with the police.

It is an amazing story of personal courage on both Dang and the boys part, and because it happened so quickly and without any ambulances etc it got missed by most people.

The husband has been in Samui a number of years, was previously partner in a bar in Bophut and had a serious accident a few years ago and spent months in Hospital with his caring wife by his side. It looks like he will unfortunately get to return the favour.

very good info BBC, thanks...hope the very best for that poor girl and that karma does right by both her and guy who got her in hospital. Any further word as to the what caused it? where and how is the truck driver?

There is going to be a fundraising event at Admiral Lord Nelson in Bangrak to raise money to help with the medical bills that are going to be coming in as her recovery will take months, if not years. It will begin at 4:00 on Friday, Aug. 15th.

Hey Mattias37, maybe this is big enough news for the Samui Express? I'll check with you each time to make sure it's ok. OK? But I doubt you can stay sober long enough to even read the paper's first page.

There is going to be a fundraising event at Admiral Lord Nelson in Bangrak to raise money to help with the medical bills that are going to be coming in as her recovery will take months, if not years. It will begin at 4:00 on Friday, Aug. 15th.

Hey Mattias37, maybe this is big enough news for the Samui Express? I'll check with you each time to make sure it's ok. OK? But I doubt you can stay sober long enough to even read the paper's first page.

Thanks for the suggestion but if it was up to me you would have been fired a long time ago, so dont check with me. However if you should check with someone you should do it with the one you write about.

Admiral lord nelson moneyraise. Sounds worth an ad to me. But knowing you right they will only get it if they hand out free food and drinks to you.

Today there was the rumour that the poor woman passed away, is there anyone who can confirm this ? (hopefully not....)

There was also another rumour : the victim is my wife.... I can understand the confusion, her name is also Daeng and we live very close to that 7/11, but before you all send flowers, my wife is still alive and kicking.

Today there was the rumour that the poor woman passed away, is there anyone who can confirm this ? (hopefully not....)

There was also another rumour : the victim is my wife.... I can understand the confusion, her name is also Daeng and we live very close to that 7/11, but before you all send flowers, my wife is still alive and kicking.

This was posted late last night (Tuesday night). Has anyone heard the status of the lady since?

This was posted late last night (Tuesday night). Has anyone heard the status of the lady since?

I talked with husband today and while she is still critical there are some signs of improvement in her breathing and she can talk when she gains consciousness.

Not out of the danger zone yet though.

How did the fund raising go ? I saw many people on my way to Bophut inside the pub but couldn't stop due to work.

Only got a chance to make it down to the fundraiser for an hour, but from what I saw, it was a great success and the targets the organisers had set were more than achieved - can only hope that the poor lady makes a recovery in as short a time as possible.

The ATM comments above are very sad and are out of order, it's not a time to joke around. Give it up.