Bangrak Beach Road Open Again....

but what happened to ATM machines? :o

Recognising that you are making a cheap attempt to be witty...

Try looking at the photos. Even a half-wit should be able to come to some form of conclusion.

okay Gatorade, maybe I am halfwit compare to you but the photos are why I ask in first place...where ARE the ATM machines?...you do not think someone could do it for this? lot of money there.

Try looking at the photos. Even a half-wit should be able to come to some form of conclusion.

okay Gatorade, maybe I am halfwit compare to you but the photos are why I ask in first place...where ARE the ATM machines?...you do not think someone could do it for this? lot of money there.

It was an accident and not a half wit attempt to empty the ATM(s)......

Sorry, and the new 7/11 next to entrance of Soi Bon Gai is already open ! And it is bigger and better.

I went around the back to get some photos and the policeman in the picture said something to me while pointing at the desktop calculator and what to me looks like an over-sized bill counter (or is it the insides of the ATM?). Whatever it is, someone thought it important enough to take outside.

P8100225_.jpg

Inside the bank seemed OK. But the ATM was on the other side of this wall and didn't look too good going by the 2nd photo.

P8100224.jpg

Were there 2 ATMs - one at the bank and one at 7-11? It looks like an empty ATM box in 7-11 while the one at the bank looks fried.

P8100228__.jpg

but what happened to ATM machines? :D

sorry again for being "half wit" :D ...but what an opportunity! :D ...anyone know what happened to the ATM machines? :D possible boys in brown? :o

but what happened to ATM machines? :D

sorry again for being "half wit" :D ...but what an opportunity! :D ...anyone know what happened to the ATM machines? :D possible boys in brown? :o

Why do you care so? Do you have "something" about ATM machines?

Personally, I don't give a flying <deleted>> about the ATM machines and from what I can gather neither do most people on this forum.

However, I would really like to know how the

badly burnt lady is, and if there is anything that can be done. Obviously you have different priorities.

Personally, I don't give a flying <deleted>> about the ATM machines and from what I can gather neither do most people on this forum.

badly burnt lady is, and if there is anything that can be done. Obviously you have different priorities.

I think it's possible to care a lot about the injured party and still be curious about the ATM machines. Granted, if the injured woman were close to me I wouldn't care about anything else and think about nothing else 24/7. But I don't know her and that means I can care about the important things and at the same time be curious about the trivial things.

I think it's possible to care a lot about the injured party and still be curious about the ATM machines. Granted, if the injured woman were close to me I wouldn't care about anything else and think about nothing else 24/7. But I don't know her and that means I can care about the important things and at the same time be curious about the trivial things.

If it really gives you sleepless nights just contact the bank and ask them what happened to them.

I personally 'fly' with Gatorade here and couldn't give a rats a.. .

BTW, what happened to all the chewing gum at 7/11 :o

If it really gives you sleepless nights just contact the bank and ask them what happened to them.

BTW, what happened to all the chewing gum at 7/11 :o

You're being ridiculous. Simply being "curious" about something doesn't give "sleepless nights". But here's a question for you - How many sleepless nights have you (and others here outraged that someone could be interested in what happened to an ATM loaded with possibly hundred of thousands of baht) had over the injured woman? Unless you are personally very close I would guess zero. That doesn't make you a bad person. If it were in human nature to care that much about strangers mankind would have died off from exhaustion thousands of years ago.

p.s. - the gum melted and burned away because everyone was more focused on staying alive and/or liberating the hundreds of thousand of baht in the ATM.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, what happened to all the chewing gum at 7/11 :D

You're being ridiculous. Simply being "curious" about something doesn't give "sleepless nights". But here's a question for you - How many sleepless nights have you (and others here outraged that someone could be interested in what happened to an ATM loaded with possibly hundred of thousands of baht) had over the injured woman? Unless you are personally very close I would guess zero. That doesn't make you a bad person. If it were in human nature to care that much about strangers mankind would have died off from exhaustion thousands of years ago.

Does it really matter whether I know "this woman".....Fact is I DON'T, but still, I couldn't care less about thousands, hundreds of thousands or even a million baht or more.......coz. if everyone would think like you (and care a rats a.. about others) then mankind would have been extinct before you were even born. Money is not everything (even where you come from), and if this would be my wife, I would be a bit upset about your comments. All the money that burned was insured and if you really want to to know how much, go and ask the bank yourself......... Being kind to strangers can be a good thing :o

ATM, it probaly burned, if not, it probably got looted, as it would anywhere else in the world! who cares frankly.

I'd like an update on the situation of the injured lady too - hope she's on the mend.

Edited by danw

BTW, what happened to all the chewing gum at 7/11 :D

Does it really matter whether I know "this woman".....Fact is I DON'T, but still, I couldn't care less about thousands, hundreds of thousands or even a million baht or more.......coz. if everyone would think like you (and care a rats a.. about others) then mankind would have been extinct before you were even born. Money is not everything (even where you come from), and if this would be my wife, I would be a bit upset about your comments. All the money that burned was insured and if you really want to to know how much, go and ask the bank yourself......... Being kind to strangers can be a good thing :o

I don't want to get in an internet squabble with you. What I said before still applies. If you want to continue, send me a PM.

For those people interested in the injured woman, Daeng, She has been transfered to Surat Than hospital intensive care where she is undergoing further treatment. I believe the fundraising at the Lord Nelson raised around 160,000 baht to help with the cost of Daengs treatment. I believe also there is to be a further fundraising event to be held at the Bungee jump in Chawang on the 17th of this month starting at 3pm. There is to be a raffle with lots of prizes the top prize being a brand new Honda Click motorcycle. All proceeds to go to help Daeng. Lets hope Daeng pulls through Cheers

For those people interested in the injured woman, Daeng, She has been transfered to Surat Than hospital intensive care where she is undergoing further treatment. I believe the fundraising at the Lord Nelson raised around 160,000 baht to help with the cost of Daengs treatment. I believe also there is to be a further fundraising event to be held at the Bungee jump in Chawang on the 17th of this month starting at 3pm. There is to be a raffle with lots of prizes the top prize being a brand new Honda Click motorcycle. All proceeds to go to help Daeng. Lets hope Daeng pulls through Cheers

I don´t want to be on the picky side here, but surathani hospital is governmental. If she is Thai she only pay 30 baht there....

With the 160k i would move to Thaksin hospital if it was me.

Hope she get the best treatment possible anyway, and that she make it.

I could, of course, be wrong but think you'll find the 30baht payment for Thais (may even be free now) only relates to the local hospital where the person is registered. Most of the people who live and work on Samui are not local and therefore not registered. Suspect the 160k doesn't even come close to paying the bills so far accumulated so 17th at soi reggae will be much appreciated by Daeng

Thank you for that info. We will be there.

I could, of course, be wrong but think you'll find the 30baht payment for Thais (may even be free now) only relates to the local hospital where the person is registered. Most of the people who live and work on Samui are not local and therefore not registered. Suspect the 160k doesn't even come close to paying the bills so far accumulated so 17th at soi reggae will be much appreciated by Daeng

I thnk you're right mate - same applies for voting, land ownership and allsorts so far as I understand it.

Will attempt to make it down on the 17th, although my only ever experience of bunjee jumping might put me off that aspect :o

I thnk you're right mate - same applies for voting, land ownership and allsorts so far as I understand it.

Will attempt to make it down on the 17th, although my only ever experience of bunjee jumping might put me off that aspect :o

When my newborn son (unregistered) was transfered from samui inter to nathon, and latr on to surath, they told me (after i paid the first 39 000 baht bill) that we should fill in a "application" for the 30 baht card. After that everything was free. Any Thai can do this. Dosent mather if they are already registered or not. If they are not they just fill in a paper. Sometimes we pay 58 baht, sometimes it´s free, sometimes 30. Have not yet figured out the system but for sure no thai citizen pay big money in government hospital. Just fill in the papers. And use the 160k for recovery plesurement when your out, or use it to "upgrade" yourself hospital-wise (Thaksin hospital). Thats what i would advise this woman.

Edited by mattias33