Declaring Myself Bankrupt

Now he's gone quiet :D

You are a fool for the following reasons:-

*Wiring the money from your own account will leave an audit trail.

*150,000 GBP any UK bank will go after you for that amount.

*Large amounts like that are clearly fraud and I would think any judge would send you down for it, seeing that it was your intent to obtain cash by deception.

*Worst of all, is your stupidity in talking about it openly here on TV. A real smooth operator, you. :o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he should go for it. 150,000 ain't big player money these days. It'd be gone in a few short years, most likely in various isaan pockets. He'd be back home penniless, jobless, homeless (until he does porridge for fraud), and wondering why he thought it was such a clever idea.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for credit card companies... but there are more subtle ways of going about this sort of thing. This fellow is the sort of clown that would rob a bank and leave his driving license as I.D. as he left :o

A Troll languishing in his shreddies in a Leeds Bedsit I'd warrant.

:D

Seems to be the same person as "Mr. Squirrel" who is asking the same question on the ajarn message board.

Just a waster or a not very intelligent common criminal. Unfortunately Thailand does attract some of these types.

Apart from the criminal intent, I'd advise this waster not to assume he can just stay in Thailand indefinitely. Plus, given his level of intellect it is inevitable that the money will soon be all gone...

:o

I think he should go for it also.

3 years for Fraud = maybe 2 - 3 months in a local nick for assesment, then a Catagory D open prison, for 9 months and 6 Months on the Tag maybe on HDC. ( Home Detention Curfew. )

Straight back in the system when you get out the nick, claiming social immediately.

Try going back to the UK after being away for years in Thailand and claiming immediately, they wont have it, go in the nick for a couple of months and you are automatically back in the system.

And the food is great.!!! :o

Any transfer amount over 10,000 squid "should" ring some alarm bells 'somewhere'.

If it were legal money I'd bring it out in Travellers cheques....

Just go to 15 diff. amex agents, Thos Cook, or banks :D

Change it into USD T/Cs.

I know a 10K transfer in Oz would be scrutenised(sp)

Drug Money laundering laws......! :o

Any transfer amount over 10,000 squid "should" ring some alarm bells 'somewhere'.

If it were legal money I'd bring it out in Travellers cheques....

Just go to 15 diff. amex agents, Thos Cook, or banks  :D

Change it into USD T/Cs.

I know a 10K transfer in Oz would be scrutenised(sp)

Drug Money laundering laws......! :o

In Euro's it's only 300 Euro500 notes.Take it out in CASH.

Hmmm your Maths resembles your arse I imagine ( no , no that mental picture is too much to take )

You're saying that 150,000 British pounds is the same as 300 x 500 Euro's?

Check out the Foreign exchange

150,000 Euro's = 104,000 Pounds.

We were both wrong , but you were wrong first...... :o

If I want to declare myself bankrupt in the UK whilst abroad can it be done.

There is not much point to it. However, the best deal is usually to have a "friendly" creditor do it to you. It does cost money after all.

took out a hundred grand or so in loans

That is fraud as it is done with the intent to defraud another. However this might become a bigger issue when they find out that you lent the money when you were about to declare bankrupcy. Once a judgment has been granted against you, as they might have done already (Bad Debt), it is illegal for you to apply for any sort of Hire Purchase or loan without informing your creditors.

There is not statute of limitations in the UK

Normally you have to apply for rehabilitation after being declared bankrupt. This is when you offer your creditors 10p/Pound. This clears your creditors, and makes you available for rehabilitation.

After you are discharged then you are clean of debts, except your big fat pension

Sure, you are discharged but still an unrehabilitated insolvent. They cannot touch or "attach" your pension with a court order, however they can monitor it for when it gets paid out. When this gets done they can "attach" the bank account it is going to. So you cannot really hide. There are legal ways around things, but it would be best to discuss that with your attorney. Try and find someone who is an ace at insolvency.

When applying for rehabilitation, you will have to state why you had become insolvent, that your creditors have been paid. HOWEVER, as you are planning on running, your insolvency will be like herpes, a painfull experience for the rest of your life. :o

BTW: Bankrupcy = Company /// Insolvent = Human

oooh how lucky u U.K. citizens seem to be: there is other countries in E.U. where debts will be collected even after 30 (thirty) years. At least, thats what they do in austria. Again, how lucky u must be. Do it. Go for it. Damage the system. Everyone else (U.K.) will pay for your decision.

Damage the system - Ill just check with the fat cats running the country if they don't mind having a small percent of their annual full fat cream bonus removed.

Charles - I do not believe Mr. Squirrel has posted this on Ajarn not that I know of I have had a good look and PM'd Mr Squirrel as well to ask his advice.

Have to say charles if you are the same charles on Ajarn then you are by all accounts a c*nt

David Charles

Damage the system - Ill just check with the fat cats running the country if they don't mind having a small percent of their annual full fat cream bonus removed.

Charles - I do not believe Mr. Squirrel has posted this on Ajarn not that I know of I have had a good look and PM'd Mr Squirrel as well to ask his advice.

Have to say charles if you are the same charles on Ajarn then you are by all accounts a c*nt

David Charles

No, we are not the same person and you, Sir, are still a sad waster anyway.

So there. :o

Humm....as a wild guess, you intend to buy a bar, if so, with all the advice you have had from TV.com, it would be very nice of you to invite us for a free night of fun and much naughtyness.....better we have have it than your soon to be Ex GF........going going gone.

And every 3 months we'll settle the bar bills and takeaway accounts into his Australian bank account. TRUST US :o

Mr A.

It would be easier to open a bank (savings) a/c in LoS than Oz.

The rules for opening an a/c here (in SYD) are quite stringent

and were reinforced a month ago.

I was lucky, I scraped in just before the rules were changed in early Oct.. :o

Good luck.

What are the new rules for bank accounts there Udon ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Doc,

Up until a few weeks ago, money could be transferred from say, westpac to kasikorn in less than 4 hrs via our internet a/cs.

Now, there is a deliberate hold on funds for 24 hrs, (suspect) drug money transfers was the reason I was told.

You are probably familiar with the points system when applying to open a new a/c.

I think that has been tightened up too.

I'll try to get the rest in writing tomorrow.

<deleted> Medicare is worse than the banks! :o

Doc,

Up until a few weeks ago, money could be transferred from say, westpac to kasikorn in less than 4 hrs via our internet a/cs.

Now, there is a deliberate hold on funds for 24 hrs, (suspect) drug money transfers was the reason I was told.

You are probably familiar with the points system when applying to open a new a/c.

Doc,

Thanks mate

Doc,

I bumped into one of the Vn. employees of Westpac in the street this morning.....

As far as internet transfers are concerned there is a limit of A$5000 per day at $20 a transaction. :o

The good news is,

if you go to the counter you can do a TT for the 800,000bt.

I explained that some clients would only have the money transfered for maybe 48 hrs, he said no problem, just explain to the bank and ask them to log the conversation so that there is no further investigation. (hopefully)

I forget the fee for the TT.

As far as new a/c's go, I didn't have time to go inside the bank.

To be continued........ :D

I’ve followed this thread for a couple of days and most say that I’m appalled that you are even considering stealing money like this. What you plan to do is criminal, and Thailand doesn’t want criminals like yourself. If you are serious about your plan then please do us all a favor and stay home in England!

So theoretically if I went back to the UK took out a hundred grand or so in loans made at least the first payments to show willingness to pay them then returned here for 6 years I could go back and evrything would be back to square one.

1. how can you take out a loan for 100k without offering some securities against it. ?

2. if you succesfully take out a loan for 100k or more with no intention of repaying it (other than a couple of repayments to show some (false) intention to repay then you are no better than any other immoral scumbag thief who is too lazy to work for a living. but then you know that already.

3. please go away and die. because it is toerags like you that spoil the world for those who choose to live honestly.

Doc,

I bumped into one of the Vn. employees of Westpac in the street this morning.....

As far as internet transfers are concerned there is a limit of A$5000 per day at $20 a transaction.  :o

The good news is,

if you go to the counter you can do a TT for the 800,000bt.

I explained that some clients would only have the money transfered for maybe 48 hrs, he said no problem, just explain to the bank and ask them to log the conversation so that there is no further investigation. (hopefully)

I forget the fee for the TT.

As far as new a/c's go, I didn't have time to go inside the bank.

To be continued........ :D

Thanks for that Udon. Are you mastering the local languages ? :D If you get too bored have a game of spot the Aussie on the High Street ( or is Rue Nguyen nowdays ? )

So theoretically if I went back to the UK took out a hundred grand or so in loans made at least the first payments to show willingness to pay them then returned here for 6 years I could go back and evrything would be back to square one.

1. how can you take out a loan for 100k without offering some securities against it. ?

2. if you succesfully take out a loan for 100k or more with no intention of repaying it (other than a couple of repayments to show some (false) intention to repay then you are no better than any other immoral scumbag thief who is too lazy to work for a living. but then you know that already.

3. please go away and die. because it is toerags like you that spoil the world for those who choose to live honestly.

Hey Tax ... If you crack it for the 100K put me down for the same amount and on the same terms :o