Cost Of A Rai Of Land Outside Udon

Damaz6052

Hi what's the cost of a rai of land outside Udon. My GFs mother has requested some $$ to purchase some land. I am little unsure about this request. :o

Do rubber trees grow in Udon Thani?

Thanks

How much has she asked for ?

Hi what's the cost of a rai of land outside Udon. My GFs mother has requested some $$ to purchase some land. I am little unsure about this request. :o

Thanks

Hi,

I also request you send me mony to buy some land jst outside udon, presumably you would not be foolish enough to send to to me?

If you had received a similar request from a former G/Fs mother in your own country I have no sdoubt that oyu would tell her to get lost or perhaps worse?

You are not married to the daughter and therfore you have no obligation to her family.

Be sensible for a moment at least.

Do you really think that the mother would dare ask one of your G/F former Thai boyfriends to give the mother money to buy land?

If so,you are beyond help.

With marriage comes reponsibilites, until that time keep your money safe in the bank.

When you have paid for the land you can be sure that there will be many more similar requests, just how long have you been in a relationsship with your current G/F?

If you fund this land purchase what kind of signal do you think you will be sending?

FAr cheaper to find another G/F who isnt quite so grasping.

Sorry if ths is not what yo want to hear but just my opinion, howeverthe fact that you are even raising this question suggests you have already accepted the princial of buyng her families favor, they will be pleased but dont think for a moment they will think any better of you, possibl ther reverse.

After all would you want your daughter to be tangled up with a guy who parted with money so foolishly?

Roy gsd

Hi what's the cost of a rai of land outside Udon. My GFs mother has requested some $ to purchase some land. I am little unsure about this request. :D

Do rubber trees grow in Udon Thani? :o:D:D

Thanks

Far cheaper to find another G/F who isn't quite so grasping.

Sorry if ths is not what you want to hear but just my opinion, however the fact that you are even raising this question suggests you have already accepted the principle of buyng her families favour, they will be pleased but don't think for a moment they will think any better of you, possibly the reverse.

Roy gsd

True! :D but he will go ahead anyway!

Just say NO & find out what she really thinks of you.

Edited by GungaDin

Hi what's the cost of a rai of land outside Udon. My GFs mother has requested some $$ to purchase some land. I am little unsure about this request. :D

Thanks

Hi,

I also request you send me mony to buy some land jst outside udon, presumably you would not be foolish enough to send to to me?

If you had received a similar request from a former G/Fs mother in your own country I have no sdoubt that oyu would tell her to get lost or perhaps worse?

You are not married to the daughter and therfore you have no obligation to her family.

Be sensible for a moment at least.

Do you really think that the mother would dare ask one of your G/F former Thai boyfriends to give the mother money to buy land?

If so,you are beyond help.

With marriage comes reponsibilites, until that time keep your money safe in the bank.

When you have paid for the land you can be sure that there will be many more similar requests, just how long have you been in a relationsship with your current G/F?

If you fund this land purchase what kind of signal do you think you will be sending?

FAr cheaper to find another G/F who isnt quite so grasping.

Sorry if ths is not what yo want to hear but just my opinion, howeverthe fact that you are even raising this question suggests you have already accepted the princial of buyng her families favor, they will be pleased but dont think for a moment they will think any better of you, possibl ther reverse.

After all would you want your daughter to be tangled up with a guy who parted with money so foolishly?

Roy gsd

SPOT ON, ROY !

Here we go again, another potential Pattaya highrise jumper :o

Dave

Roygsd has hit the nail on the head with his response and I believe GungaDin's answer is the only one you should consider (say no and find out what GF really thinks of you).

Don't be like a friend of mine who funded the construction and stocking of small convenience store for family of his wife. All was going well with plenty of business but the family was spending all the money made on themselves instead of re-stocking store. When stock was almost depleted guess who they asked for money.

As far as rubber trees in Udon area the answer is yes. It takes 7 years or so before you can tap the trees for collecting rubber and production will be slow the first few years as it slowly ramps up in production. Trees will be 15-20 years old before they reach peak production and then start to ramp down. Replacement of trees usually happens at 25 years or so. The money you can make from a rai of rubber trees will depend on demand. As the price of oil goes up the demand for natural rubber increases.

Thanks I've been seeing her for about 6 weeks and have given her very little. I did buy her a watch(4000baht) and some cheap clothes, she stares me away from the expensive clothes, and is quite frugal with shopping etc

I find it a little strange and will turn down her request and see what happens. I am not jumping for anyone!!!

And I am not going to buy the land just wanted another opinion to confirm my own, it's a new country so new rules expections etc.

She hasn't asked for any amount she mentioned her mum would like to do that for her.

What's the cost of a rubber tree 15baht she tells me

Edited by Damaz6052

What is it with this website????????????????????/ seven replies & not one answer to the guys question, just a lot of opinions from opinionated A****oles...cost of land is between 40,000 up ...depends nor sor chanote, locataion, etc...email me if you want proper answer.

I agreed with you tommy till I read his reply. Jeeez 6 weeks and she is pitching for land. Maybe you should listen to some of the other posters opinions.

good luck

Roygsd has hit the nail on the head with his response and I believe GungaDin's answer is the only one you should consider (say no and find out what GF really thinks of you).

I also agree entirely with Gungadin's conclusion and most of Roy's points. However, there are a couple that highlight the differences in East/West culture. If you want to impose your own western principles that is absolutely fine if it works for you. The following comments from Roy suggest the western view with my take on the eastern view in blue:-

Yes you do - in their eyes. Once you are 'hooked' marriage is immaterial in their expectations of you . Marriage simply offers the potential for another p1ss up, a bit of gold and sin sot.

But Roy's conclusion - not to do it - is valid

I think she may do - if the Thai b/f had the wherewithall to pay

Again, a western concept. I suspect she would be very happy that her daughter had a Falang who was liberal with his money.

Edited by Chaimai

I also agree entirely with Gungadin's conclusion and most of Roy's points. However, there are a couple that highlight the differences in East/West culture. If you want to impose your own western principles that is absolutely fine if it works for you. The following comments from Roy suggest the western view with my take on the eastern view in blue:-

Yes you do - in their eyes. Once you are 'hooked' marriage is immaterial in their expectations of you . Marriage simply offers the potential for another p1ss up, a bit of gold and sin sot.

But Roy's conclusion - not to do it - is valid

I think she may do - if the Thai b/f had the wherewithall to pay

Again, a western concept. I suspect she would be very happy that her daughter had a Falang who was liberal with his money.

Yes, yes, I know, we Farang have western ideas, and by jove, they are all wrong.

Really?

If a Thai girl/woman wants to go on, one way or another, with a farang, well, it is not only the farang who has to accept all the Thai values and ideas, and throw away his western ideas and beliefs, the woman has to know or to learn that we have other values and ideas, and that certain things Thai people do can be very offending to us, or giving us a heavy dose of loss of face.

Look to the faces of Thai people if you say something about you loosing face.

I do happen to think that being a farang does not make you rich, being a farang does not give the family the right to ask you for money, and use you as the proverbial saviour of the family, because that is really a huge loss of face for the farang.

It is up to the "husband" to see the needs of the family and do something or give something when he thinks it is needed and the amount he is willing to give seeing how long he knows the new girlfriend or woman, not seeing the need is also loss of face, but less as letting yourself use as a dud.

If the mother had asked for a loan, then there is no loss of face, because a loan can be "traded" about.

As giver of a loan you can without loss of face, ask for security.

And NOT being married to a daughter, indeed, you have NOT YET any obligation to the family.

If or when you intend to marry, have proposed, then, and only then your obligations will start.

Like giving a dowry, giving a soft loan to the family, taking care of the PARENTS of the girl, and so on.

And if you want, you can include more of the family in your generosity.

But, be careful, look at everything with a Thai and a western eye.

I have no idea about land prices around Udon, I live in Khon Kaen, and I know that land around Khon Kaen can be either very cheap or bloody expensive.

Prices a few kilmetrs from Khon Kaen vay between 25000 and 45000 baht, depending on wet or dry.

For the agricultural part, rubber tree growing can make you very rich or very poor.

It all depends on the market, but becasue of the time needed, do not expect any profit in the short or medium run.

Maybe, maybe, the profit might be made with the sale of a plantation near to the first milking, but, like before, it depends on the market.

Rubber tree business is only very profitable if you run a big business.

The small are most of the time making just enough money to eat and pay the loans.

My advice, with so many uncertainties, forget it.

Don't even supply a loan for that rubber thought

Buy a house, the ground to the woman, the house to you (usefruct)

You will never have any say about the land, you even have to sign a declaration that the money which bought the land was not yours, but of the woman all the time.

PS

I asked a (big) farmer in Maha Sarakan and he agrees with the prices and the rubber growing.

His advice: forget it.

PPS

The thoughts about loosing face, are from my wife, and seeing het upbringing and background and family, I can only accept her advice about loosing face, and the idea about Thai woman also accepting western values as part of her life with a farang.

Even one of the princesses accepted this when she married a foreigner, and she still, god bless her, thinks and acts with the dual values.

If needed.

So I guess a "commoner" should at least try to do this.

Yes, yes, I know, we Farang have western ideas, and by jove, they are all wrong.

Really?

I hope you did not deduce that from my post. Of course we have western ideas - we are Falang. It most certainly does not make them wrong.

My point was about how a Thai may view the situation and we need to be aware of that different perspective. More than once have I been told "so falang know best" - the reply is always "no - but he may be able to help by having a different view of things".

As an example I think it was Roy, again, who's views were not welcome when the extended family were improving their property - despite the fact that he had many years of experience. Thai style - chai mai ?

Thanks I've been seeing her for about 6 weeks and have given her very little. I did buy her a watch(4000baht) and some cheap clothes, she stares me away from the expensive clothes, and is quite frugal with shopping etc

I find it a little strange and will turn down her request and see what happens. I am not jumping for anyone!!!

And I am not going to buy the land just wanted another opinion to confirm my own, it's a new country so new rules expections etc.

She hasn't asked for any amount she mentioned her mum would like to do that for her.

6 weeks???????????? And her mom asks for money... Please keep all your marbles in one bag.

Tell her you cannot afford it right now, maybe in 6 years time. See what happens and take it from there.

What is it with this website????????????????????/ seven replies & not one answer to the guys question, just a lot of opinions from opinionated A****oles...cost of land is between 40,000 up ...depends nor sor chanote, locataion, etc...email me if you want proper answer.
Are you an owner/partner in land up there ? ,good investment is it ? .

Mike - not entirely tommy's fault if he took the OP literally and thought he actually needed advice about the price of land and rubber trees.

It takes more than a half-wit to appreciate that the advice that was actually given was REALLY what Damaz needed to hear. :o

Mike - not entirely tommy's fault if he took the OP literally and thought he actually needed advice about the price of land and rubber trees.

It takes more than a half-wit to appreciate that the advice that was actually given was REALLY what Damaz needed to hear. :o

EXACTLY,

We were offered five rai for 500,000 baht. The land is on a major road and has electricity available. It was actually a nice piece of land but I considered it over priced. After we turned down the offer, my wife told me a farang had bought it for his girlfriend. He paid 600,000 baht for it. I asked why the price went up and my wife told me that extra 100,000 was commission for the girlfriend's sister. And, yes, that farang is history already.

Hi what's the cost of a rai of land outside Udon. My GFs mother has requested some $$ to purchase some land. I am little unsure about this request. :D

Thanks

Money trees do and this is not a sarcastic comment, ask the locals, there are quite a few who think so :o .

marshbags :D

6 weeks???????????? And her mom asks for money... Please keep all your marbles in one bag.

Tell her you cannot afford it right now, maybe in 6 years time. See what happens and take it from there.

Nothing will happen :o He will be still considered a future investmemt :D

I thankyou for your sound advice. Last night we got really drunk in her bar and on the way home she told me that her boss said "finish with him" which I have. So we never got to the 'how much' I realised before the request that something wasn't wright and to confirm that's why I posted.

I have one last question why would an intellegent attractive girl stay working in the bar if she was offered a very attractive salary to be my PA?

My accountant(she's Thai) said it was because "it's to easy and to much fun"

Someone else said it was because she has a "Tha BF"

Your thoughts please

Many thanks for confirming my suspicions.

BTW I meet a really nice girl in the Calvin Klein shop today in Phuket.

Edited by Damaz6052

Perhaps she wanted a rich(er) BF and not an Employer. Why mix business with pleasure, I can see no advantages. Tell future GF's you have a good job, but are NOT RICH. Then see how it goes.

BTW why tell cyberfriends who you have met today. It impresses nobody!

Dave

I have one last question why would an intellegent attractive girl stay working in the bar if she was offered a very attractive salary to be my PA?

Because she would have to run your errands, cook, clean and sleep with a man she finds repulsive, and has demonstrated he is not a cash cow.

and to think i actually went to double check how much we sent to my husband's mother in korat for some land for cassava (adjacent to their land ): 28,289.40 THB (we sent them part of my husband's paycheck ), obviously, there were complications with the sale (didnt go thru due to an older brother of owner of land doing a 'dirty' deed- why am i not surprised, but huaband went thru the roof and is refusing all money reqests until he sees things on paper ,a scarcity in muu baan dealings i know but he has learned!; now the situation is in the hands of the pu yai baan (an in law to my husband's family)... we were to send an other sum in a few months if this deal works out...

a few months ago we were asked for a loan for sister's pickup; we said no.. not a trustworthy request... and the money we sent is in husband's bank account waiting to be used for land. nothing else.

the land we want for ourselves...

but 6!!!! weeks!!!! and sending money????!!!!!!!! are most men ruled by their dicks??????? wait, dont answer that....

omg now he met an other new girl in a store.... i sense a sick buffalo, a dying father, a blind and deaf brother....

bina

israel

Edited by bina

but 6!!!! weeks!!!! and sending money????!!!!!!!! are most men ruled by their dicks??????? wait, dont answer that....

omg now he met an other new girl in a store.... i sense a sick buffalo, a dying father, a blind and deaf brother....

I guess these are called non-rhetorical questions because they don't need a reply :o

Lincoln,

I have read your posting history.

You give the impression of a very naive & young Kiwi who knows absolutely nothing about Thai culture or it's women.

No insult intended but if you know as much about mountain bikes as you do about bar girls I can see your stay in Phuket will end in tears.

I suggest you spend at east 4 hours a day reading the war stories on Thai Visa.

99% of members were as naive as you when they decided to stay in the LOS, so don't think that you're Robinson Crusoe! :D

We don't know who you are, so I would ask, just how old are you?

We don't know all the answers, just some of them. :D

Good luck, M8, you will need it.

GoD :D:o

Its about 40,000 1 rai near or in any village. If you like to live with the idiots in Udon you will pay a lot more....

Khon Kaen is much nicer now, no stupid falang, no bars (as in meatheads) and there is lush hamburgers....

Edited by drummachine

Lincoln,

I have read your posting history.

You give the impression of a very naive & young Kiwi who knows absolutely nothing about Thai culture or it's women.

No insult intended but if you know as much about mountain bikes as you do about bar girls I can see your stay in Phuket will end in tears.

I suggest you spend at east 4 hours a day reading the war stories on Thai Visa.

99% of members were as naive as you when they decided to stay in the LOS, so don't think that you're Robinson Crusoe! :D

I like Robinsons? My Team Kona 07 would love to bop with you.

We don't know who you are, so I would ask, just how old are you? Team Kona

We don't know all the answers, just some of them. :D

Good luck, M8, you will need it.

GoD :D:o

Edited by drummachine

I'm seeking information on land values for a different reason.

I've been married to a Thai lady for 15 years but we're now getting divorced after she decided to take a boyfriend.

Our 2 kids (11 and 14) are living with me in the UK, as is my step-son (her son).

Our house in UK is worth about £350k ($700K) which she will get a big slice of.

We (or she to be exact) also has a newly build house near Suwannaphum (Hang Wa village)

A photo is attached.

The land and house are in her name. The land area is 2,547 sq wah, which is over 6 Rai.

I know how much the house cost to build as I sent over the money. What I don't know is the value of the land.

Under UK law, her assets in Thailand have to be taken into account for making the settlement.

My wife is claiming the house is worth nothing! I have a different view off course, but don't know how much.

Any ideas how I can go about getting a valuation? I would need some paperwork to show to the court for it to be accepted

Any help gratefully received

House_in_Thailand.pdf

House_in_Thailand.pdf

House_in_Thailand.pdf