Berbatov To Manure

boiledegg

Seems as if all todays press is anyhting to go by that Berbatov is on his way to Manu.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3974138,00.html

Whilst i dont watch much football other then my own team and i hate to say it Manu (they are good to watch), would i be right in thinking that Berbatov is a similar kind of player to Rooney and Tevez? i.e. not an out and out striker which i thought Manu were after.

From this point of view why have 3 similar kinds of forwards no matter how good they are, a bit of variety is the spice of life.

Seems as if all todays press is anyhting to go by that Berbatov is on his way to Manu.

Whilst i dont watch much football other then my own team and i hate to say it Manu (they are good to watch), would i be right in thinking that Berbatov is a similar kind of player to Rooney and Tevez? i.e. not an out and out striker which i thought Manu were after.

From this point of view why have 3 similar kinds of forwards no matter how good they are, a bit of variety is the spice of life.

Berbatov is hardly the same as rooney, tevez or ronaldo. Anyways, with Chelsea buying everyone in sight again, we need a bit more firepower to keep the titles. BTW if Manure = Championships, then call me horsesh*t anytime thanks.

He's different than Tevez and Rooney, and he will slot in well to the interchanging systems that Utd use. His ariel ability will also be an advantage, as United have been a little "short" up front of recent, so tis will allow them to mix it a little bit more. He's certainly a good player, and I think he will do well at United.

Well said James.

Berbatov, think Cantona but, please as much as you hate United, can you not think of anything better than.................I can't bring myself to type it....! :o

redrus

Well said James.

Berbatov, think Cantona but, please as much as you hate United, can you not think of anything better than.................I can't bring myself to type it....! :o

That was the point i was trying to get across, Cantona as good as he was wasnt an out and out goalscorer and neither is Berbatov, ManU had Andy Cole to do that job for them when they played together.

Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov arent out and out goalscorers they ideally play just off a forward, whereas a similar player to Van Nistleroy is.

Well said James.

That was the point i was trying to get across, Cantona as good as he was wasnt an out and out goalscorer and neither is Berbatov, ManU had Andy Cole to do that job for them when they played together.

Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov arent out and out goalscorers they ideally play just off a forward, whereas a similar player to Van Nistleroy is.

:D We'll see.

Tevez can more than adequately fill that role, I'm positive Rooney could too. It may need a little change here and there but, the talent is more than there to cope. If Berba proves to be half as good as Eric, things will just happen, it will fall in to place.

redrus

I think that Berbatov would be a great asset to United, but why would Spurs want to sell him.?

With Robbie Keane gone and despite other good additions to their squad NEED Berbatov's firepower.

What's this nonsense about him not being an out and out goalscorer.?

If he had not sored 4 times against Reading in one game last season we would still be in the EPL !!!

BTW if Manure = Championships, then call me horsesh*t anytime thanks.

Apologies

Ok Egghead, we know you can be childish, but do you have the footballs to tell us who you support? Don't be ashamed if it's the Spurs or Leeds for that matter, we won't think any less of you. :o

To the Op you started this thread. When you reply to others opinions. Please do so within the rules of TV. I have deleted some post in here. So lets get back on topic.

Hello hello hello, what's been goind on ere then....! :o

:D

redrus

Aug 19th 2008

Transfer deadline extended - more time For Berbatov, Barry and the rest

The Premier League has confirmed the first transfer deadline of the season has been extended until 1 September.

The window is scheduled to close 24 hours earlier but, following normal league guidelines, it has been put back because August 31 falls on a Sunday.

The move has been agreed between the Premier League, Football League and Football Association.

Once the deadline passes, teams will then have to wait until January 2009 to sign players from other clubs.

Next Soccer Star

redrus