My Dog To America

Hey, I already used the search function and got this wonderful link : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bringing-Tha...sa-t151128.html

I have a one year old poodle (Luukchin) so I got him the rabies again (the original was older than a year) and all the other shots needed.

The question is that I want to be able to fly out of Chiang Mai, but I see that I have to visit an office in BKK.

Is there anyway I can get things done here, or am I going to be forced to go to BKK?

Hi,

No you can arrange everything in Chiang Mai. :o

There is an Animal Quarantine office (in Thai: Passoosath) on the Huay Kaew road, opposite the fitness park. If you come from the Amari Rincome heading Doi Suthep, pass the CMU big entrance on your left and a little further the police station on your right. Right there where the last grassy middle thingy ends make a U-turn and then turn immediately left into the compound. It's the first white building on your right.

For a health certificate (which you do not need to do at the vet, which is not valid) and export permit you need to bring your poodle. This needs to be done apporximately 3 to 5 days (check there) prior to departure, meaning you need to have your dog's plane ticket already. They speak reasonable English there, but if you can do it in Thai it's better, and are extremely friendly and helpfull normally. Costs for the permits are about 100 baht.

You can bring your dog as excess lugguage, depending on the airplane company. So far I know both Thai airways and China Airlines accept pets. For how much you need to check at the Thai Airways office (main office or the one on the airport) how much they charge per kilo. As excess lugguage it goes by the kilo, including the travel box, when send by cargo they will take what is the highest price (volume or kilo's). Depending on the size of your dog, you may keep it in the cabin with you.

If you have any more questions about bringing your dog to the States you can either call (see banner on the CM forum), pm or email me. :D

Nienke

Hi,

No you can arrange everything in Chiang Mai. :o

There is an Animal Quarantine office (in Thai: Passoosath) on the Huay Kaew road, opposite the fitness park. If you come from the Amari Rincome heading Doi Suthep, pass the CMU big entrance on your left and a little further the police station on your right. Right there where the last grassy middle thingy ends make a U-turn and then turn immediately left into the compound. It's the first white building on your right.

For a health certificate (which you do not need to do at the vet, which is not valid) and export permit you need to bring your poodle. This needs to be done apporximately 3 to 5 days (check there) prior to departure, meaning you need to have your dog's plane ticket already. They speak reasonable English there, but if you can do it in Thai it's better, and are extremely friendly and helpfull normally. Costs for the permits are about 100 baht.

You can bring your dog as excess lugguage, depending on the airplane company. So far I know both Thai airways and China Airlines accept pets. For how much you need to check at the Thai Airways office (main office or the one on the airport) how much they charge per kilo. As excess lugguage it goes by the kilo, including the travel box, when send by cargo they will take what is the highest price (volume or kilo's). Depending on the size of your dog, you may keep it in the cabin with you.

If you have any more questions about bringing your dog to the States you can either call (see banner on the CM forum), pm or email me. :D

Nienke

Thanks a lot Nienke!