The New Lcd Display Is Up Now At The Walking Street Entrance

Tokay

OMG that sign is so BRIGHT, at times IT IS BLINDING. Also it is just showing advertising, so what is the relevance to Walking Street?

If that is an example of the new mayor's "better Pattaya", I dread to think of what is to happen to the place.

It's probably there to give the stationary baht buses banked up along Beach Road something to watch. It had to be bright so they can watch it from as far back as Garden Plaza.

The sign is huge (I would estimate maybe 1/4 to 1/3 larger than LCD sign at Central and Sukhumvit) and bright. It's a very big ugle square thing, completely devoid of any charm and character like the old Walking Street sign...with it's portrait of the King and the neon writing. The old sign had a sense of scale to its location...the new one just completely dominates the intersection...a symptom of the Asian attitude that bigger is better.

That is my sentiment about the new airport. So much different than the old one. No idea one is in Thailand upon landing. All glass and steel. No character or warmth at all.

OMG that sign is so BRIGHT, at times IT IS BLINDING. Also it is just showing advertising, so what is the relevance to Walking Street?

If that is an example of the new mayor's "better Pattaya", I dread to think of what is to happen to the place.

When I first saw it, I thought: "That is MENTAL".

It's probably there to give the stationary baht buses banked up along Beach Road something to watch. It had to be bright so they can watch it from as far back as Garden Plaza.

You can actually see it from the north end of the beach, in daylight!

It's got to be a scam.