Where Are All The Breasts ?

Where are all the breasts?

Those who have been watching the swimming at the Olympic Games could be forgiven for asking the obvious question. I mean: what’s happened to women’s breasts? Once, female swimming champions had them, now they don’t. They have broad shoulders and wide chests, but no lumps on them. It’s not quite as it should be. Is it masculinising drugs? Some kind of anti-cosmetic surgery? An early example of massed gene-doping?

No. It’s the Speedo LZR Racer. This is a swim suit that improves your hydrodynamic efficiency, and it does so by holding you in, by compressing the body. This has a dramatic effect on biomechanical efficiency, it means that your muscles don’t flap about so much. Because of this, the process of recovery after each stroke is infinitely easier for the body to deal with.

An expert in biomimetics has suggested that the suit also helps your body to deal with pain: the compression makes the body send less urgent messages to the brain. You can bear it all much better. In short, you go faster. You can always regain your femininity when you have wriggled out of the dam_n things after the race.

Two of the Australian swimmers, Libby Trickett and Jessicah Schipper, had last minute “suit malfunctions”, rather in the manner of the famous wardrobe malfunction of Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl. These happened in the semis and the final of the 100 metres butterfly. Each time, one helped the other to strip off, calm down, squeeze into a new suit, and march out flat and trim and ready to rumble. In fact, the Aussies have a member of staff here whose principal job is getting swimmers zipped up.

Today, Federica Pellegrini of italy wore two suits. Not two LZRs, because that would be illegal. “I put the training suit under the other suit because it can break very easily. In order to avoid problems and show myself naked, I put on another swimsuit.” And I’ll tell you something else, these suits don’t half work. The women have already set five new world records at this meet. The winning time for the 200 metres freestyle in Athens is now just the 40th fastest all-time. So it’s worth looking a bit flat-chested if you want the speed. Maybe the BBC should get Sharron Davies to wear one.

the times uk

Unfortunately developments like this are, IMO, degrading the olympics into a nationalistic/corporate battlefield. You have these speedo swimsuits, Nike superspring running shoes, hyperspace super aerodynamic javalins etc etc. It's no longer mano-a-mano (or the female equivalent) but it's sports corporations facing off for the millions of bucks made on spinoffs. Sure olympic records are tumbling but does it all mean anything anymore? Are not these hi-tech sports aids merely legalised performance enhancing drugs? And with the cost of these things what chance does the competitors from small developing world countries stand?

Anyhow at least their boobies return when they take the suits off unlike the old time Russian shot putters where the boobs were permanently located between the legs. :o

Unfortunately developments like this are, IMO, degrading the olympics into a nationalistic/corporate battlefield. You have these speedo swimsuits, Nike superspring running shoes, hyperspace super aerodynamic javalins etc etc. It's no longer mano-a-mano (or the female equivalent) but it's sports corporations facing off for the millions of bucks made on spinoffs. Sure olympic records are tumbling but does it all mean anything anymore? Are not these hi-tech sports aids merely legalised performance enhancing drugs? And with the cost of these things what chance does the competitors from small developing world countries stand?

Anyhow at least their boobies return when they take the suits off unlike the old time Russian shot putters where the boobs were permanently located between the legs. :D

not sure whether you remember the sisters Tatyana and Irina Press (called the "Press Brothers"). they had something else located between their legs :o

In the WSJ article yesterday about the Speedo/LZR suit it was stated that it can take 20 minutes for a swimmer to don this suit. When swimmers start getting plastic surgery to their faces to streamline their profile in the water you'll know the quest for records has gone too far.

I would imagine that the men's suits are designed similarly. Unless they can find some way for it to stroke. The women's upper bodies are so well developed that the tits tend to disappear anyway.

Equipment changes, athlete's fitness, and methods have changed sports. Look at Tiger. He's like the perfect athlete. The prototype. A lot of it is positive and entertaining. You could here the groan from the TV sponsors when Tiger said he was finished for the season.

"Look at Tiger. He's like the perfect athlete."

Whaaaaaat? A golfer described as "a perfect athlete"? You've got to be joking.

Michael Phelps compared to Tiger, athletically speaking, that's like in the natural world comparing a real tiger to a mouse.

P.S. back to the OP, most female long distance runners and swimmers lose their boobs as they lose their body fat.

Edited by huggybear

I vote for back to the basics; naked.

And they should get rid of all the namby pamby stuff, that the original Greeks would never have allowed, like trotting horses around, synchronised swimming, diving, badminton, softball, shooting etc. Team sports should be kicked out as well, beach volley ball; duh, how did that get in.

No, it should be about OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS, and that doesn't conjure up an image of a rounders team, (well, ok , baseball)

And if you look over the IOC website

http://www.olympic.org/uk/sports/recognized/index_uk.asp

They even recognise "bridge" as a sport, it is a card game played by OAP's. In fact, since they introduced that as a recognised sport, they should have lost all credibility and been replaced.

And I wish I could get rid of my boobs. Maybe I should try for the London Olympics as a Bridge player????

And they should get rid of all the namby pamby stuff, that the original Greeks would never have allowed, like trotting horses around, synchronised swimming, diving, badminton, softball, shooting etc. Team sports should be kicked out as well, beach volley ball; duh, how did that get in.

No, it should be about OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS, and that doesn't conjure up an image of a rounders team, (well, ok , baseball)

They even recognise "bridge" as a sport, it is a card game played by OAP's. In fact, since they introduced that as a recognised sport, they should have lost all credibility and been replaced.

I agree entirely................ I´m just waiting for the day when "darts" becomes recognized as an olympic sport........... I believe it was proposed several years ago..... then I´ll switch off totally........ :o

How can you not want the ladies beach volley ball included ? I watched the Brazil pair yesterday, and her playing partners too :o

Yes, when the ladies tour visited Phuket, those Brazilian ladies stole the show. Not only hot and awesome volleyball players, but when they finished up with ball, they went surfing.

I agree entirely................ I´m just waiting for the day when "darts" becomes recognized as an olympic sport........... I believe it was proposed several years ago..... then I´ll switch off totally........ :D

How about Naked Darts. Jocky Wilson and Eric Bristow both would have at least shown a decent pair . It would even be preferable to synchronised drowning and bitch volleyball both of which, need to be dropped as soon as possible :o

"It would even be preferable to synchronised drowning and bitch volleyball both of which, need to be dropped as soon as possible :o "

Must be tough being a moron and non-athletic. "Bitch volleyball", what's that all about............it's a great game and those ladies have athletic talent you and your in-bred offspring will never have.

• 3 weeks later...

And they should get rid of all the namby pamby stuff, that the original Greeks would never have allowed, like trotting horses around, synchronised swimming, diving, badminton, softball, shooting etc.

But what about naked synchronised swimming?  :o