Vermiculite ?

cheshiremusicman

Please can anybody tell me where I might buy Vermiculite in Thailand. I live in the Hua-Hin area.

Also does anybody know is it possible to buy rolls of fibreglass insulation or the pour type of bead that was available in the UK.

I would like to use any of these materials to provide heat insulation for the ceiling. I will need a considerable quantity as the house has a footprint of some 250sqm and I dont intend to scrimp on the job.

Homepro and others sells Stay Cool fiberglass insulation made by a division of Siam Cement Group I believe

We did our house with it over a year ago now...huge difference..us ethe thickest possible.

Homepro and others sells Stay Cool fiberglass insulation made by a division of Siam Cement Group I believe

We did our house with it over a year ago now...huge difference..us ethe thickest possible.

What thickness did YOU lay above the ceiling, I am thinking of putting maybe 8 inches over the main bedroom and lounge?

Did you buy yours from an outlet, or direct from Siam Cement Group? I don't know if that is possible, but I would imagine that some of the building supply merchants must stock this as a matter of course. Any info would be very welcome.

When you say "a huge difference" , did you measure the typical temperatures before and after you fitted the insulation, or did you find that you didn't need to use your aircon after you had done the job?

What thickness did YOU lay above the ceiling, I am thinking of putting maybe 8 inches over the main bedroom and lounge?

Did you buy yours from an outlet, or direct from Siam Cement Group? I don't know if that is possible, but I would imagine that some of the building supply merchants must stock this as a matter of course. Any info would be very welcome.

When you say "a huge difference" , did you measure the typical temperatures before and after you fitted the insulation, or did you find that you didn't need to use your aircon after you had done the job?

More info----------maybe a trip to a Homepro would help?

See the attached pdf for some info

StayCool.pdf

http://www.staycoolforhome.com/index.php

More info----------maybe a trip to a Homepro would help?

See the attached pdf for some info

StayCool.pdf

http://www.staycoolforhome.com/index.php

Thanks for that 'longball'. I'll give Homepro a try. I just wondered if builders merchants might be an easier place to buy it in bulk.

• 2 weeks later...
Please can anybody tell me where I might buy Vermiculite in Thailand. I live in the Hua-Hin area.

Also does anybody know is it possible to buy rolls of fibreglass insulation or the pour type of bead that was available in the UK.

I would like to use any of these materials to provide heat insulation for the ceiling. I will need a considerable quantity as the house has a footprint of some 250sqm and I dont intend to scrimp on the job.

The insulation info is great, but i am also interested in a local source for vermiculite- for gardening, not insulating