Where To Buy Henna Hair Dye

soiselee

i can mail u from israel but u have to say which henna u want: and not sure if i can mail it since it just comes in a plain plastic baggy and is a green powder /or black powder.... we mix it with olive oil and leave it over night with hair wrapped in plastic baggy or saran wrap stuff.

and also, i hennaed my hair before i got went to thailand to get married, and in bangkok when i washed my hair, it turned bright orange!!!, in the muubaan in korat, it went back to its brownish w/red tints look (my hair is naturally brownish/mousy and the majority of women here henna their hair to make it reddish, i use it to cover grey and give tints and life to dull hair)... maybe it was the thai shampoo for black hair i had borrowed??? anyway, each time i was in bangkok, the same thing would happen (we staid in thai friend's houses, not hotels, so maybe the water reacted like chlorine does to hennaed blond hair??? (greenish)...

bina

israel

i can mail u from israel but u have to say which henna u want: and not sure if i can mail it since it just comes in a plain plastic baggy and is a green powder /or black powder.... we mix it with olive oil and leave it over night with hair wrapped in plastic baggy or saran wrap stuff.

and also, i hennaed my hair before i got went to thailand to get married, and in bangkok when i washed my hair, it turned bright orange!!!, in the muubaan in korat, it went back to its brownish w/red tints look (my hair is naturally brownish/mousy and the majority of women here henna their hair to make it reddish, i use it to cover grey and give tints and life to dull hair)... maybe it was the thai shampoo for black hair i had borrowed??? anyway, each time i was in bangkok, the same thing would happen (we staid in thai friend's houses, not hotels, so maybe the water reacted like chlorine does to hennaed blond hair??? (greenish)...

bina

israel

thank you that is very kind. I have been using henna for years in Melbourne Australia and brought alot with me, the particular type I used was from France and was a dark red colour, really great colour, not at all orange, even though my hair was originally quite light brown. For a while it comes out if you use hot water and can stain towels, but should wash out ok. the other thing is to put in conditioner, that should help a bit. I have found a place on the internet www.chuchob.com which has henna but I thought I might mix it with another one to make it more red if I can get something. Its pretty good, less messy than the powder and doesnt stain. I actually live in ayutthaya but cant see it anywhere here. Also the only shop in Melb has been waiting for months for a shipment to come in.

If you could email me I would love to try some if you have a dark red colour and I will try the olive oil thing, never did that, have mixed it with tea, coffee even beetroot in the past.

i'll ask my friend here, she's a cosmetician and morroccan so is a henna expert... majority of women here still use henna. we even henna our kids' hair (the girls) cause its supposed to be good against lice...

the colour comes out red or orange depending on the colour of your hair.... my daughter has wheat blond straight hair, but all her friends are from moshavim in the area that are mainly morroccan or yemen or kurdish so they all have black/brown hair so she wanted to colour hers . we henaaed it and it came out (we did it like highlights, not the whole bunch of hair) a beautiful flame red mixed in which washed out slowly to a flame red tint...

doing the henna thing is more then just colouring your hair. its like a friend bonding thing, since it is a pain in the neck really, to mix the stuff, paint it on, wrap your head (i cant wait more then a few hours then i hve to wash it out, it drives me nuts.... )so we often do a few of us together. also to mix the proper amount, we always have extra for a friend to use.

olive oil conditions the hair and sets the hennae... and u are supposed to sleep with it over night !!!

for some reason i think the chemicals in the bangkok water reacted to the hennae making it more orangey. in the village i washed my hair in rain water so my hair was always nice.

i shall be doing the hennae thing again soon. i normally dont colour my hair, but my friends and daughter like to 'hijack' me and do it so i dont care really. last time my friend had extra wella hair rinse so she used it up on me...

israel has many kinds of hennae since it is also used in weddings and 'henaaes' (a north african pre wedding party for the bride to be) so will ask her today...

bina

israel

glad that someone has heard about this; i thought i was seeing things when i looked in the mirror. i think its funny that there are brand names for henna. we just go to the souk (market) and some guy scoops some out of a giant container into a plastic baggy. u then carry it home, feeling like someone may stop u for carrying drugs... didnt think thai women would go for that, although here dark haired women use it a lot also...

bina

I used to use Henna so much when i was teenagers ( black colour ) .

Lately I started to using again cuz my hair really turn to colour that maybe not on the chart since i tried to make different colour other than black...

I found this Middle eastern convinience shop by accident at Soi Nana noi (Middle easterm street ) and they have henna there but I dont know what you use usually, this that i found excactly like i usually used before..Put in a cup along with a glass of yesterday's tea ( I know it sounds weird , but trust me its worth it)

Maybe you also check it out there.. :o

Does anyone know where I can buy a good red henna hair dye in Bangkok?

Hi,

Pratunam hairdressers wholesaler shop, behind Big C, near Super Rich money changer exactly, a big shop with hair dresser sits and equipment outside along the window also, you can't miss it.

Henna is around 30 Thb for 1, the brand is Bigen.

Now one question, does anybody know if Henna is really natural and not dangerous at all compared with chemical hair color ?

Thanks !