Farming Thailand Laos

captbob

read thru all the threads: most thai wont touch sheep or goat meat unless they are from the south and/or muslem like in udon thani.

wool sheep will ahve horrible wool due to the moist and hot climate of thailand; perhaps some of the tropical 'hair' sheep might do better but my experience is probably not: i.e. israeli sheep give wool but that is a by product of their main product which is meat (and the milk) so idont think their wool is very high quality. but maybe the australian developed sheep might do ok but dont think there is much of a market for wool in thailand either....

bina

israel

read thru all the threads: most thai wont touch sheep or goat meat unless they are from the south and/or muslem like in udon thani.

wool sheep will ahve horrible wool due to the moist and hot climate of thailand; perhaps some of the tropical 'hair' sheep might do better but my experience is probably not: i.e. israeli sheep give wool but that is a by product of their main product which is meat (and the milk) so idont think their wool is very high quality. but maybe the australian developed sheep might do ok but dont think there is much of a market for wool in thailand either....

bina

israel

There was a Royal sponsered project to introduce sheep farming in Chang Mai/Rai in the mid 70's. Collaboration projects have been undertaken by Australian and Thai agencies for sheep farming for meat and wool in the same timeframe. Sorry cannot remember any outcomes but I'm sure you could find something on the web.

Try googling "Merino" the breed of sheep and Thailand.

Isaanaussie