Pad To Rally At British Embassy On Tuesday

bulmercke

PAD to rally at British embassy on Tuesday

The People's Alliance for Democracy plans to rally outside the British embassy on Tuesday to inform the British government of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's alleged wrongdoings.

Suriyasai Katasila, a PAD coordinator, said the PAD would hand over a copy of verdict by the Criminal Court which convicted Thaksin's wife, Pojaman, to the embassy.

He said the PAD would also provide information of other cases against Thaksin to the embassy to argue the former prime minister's claim that his political opponents had interfered in the judicial process of his cases.

The Nation

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The main focus of the PAD has always been Thaksin AND due process being exacted -

Thaksin and spouse have done a runner -

The PAD will not cease activities until justice is seen to be done -

My guess is that the British Embassy - for the PAD - will soon become the new focus of activities on Sukhumvit -

(QUOTE FROM AJARN.COM): "Hey the first 3 are in prison for trying to give a 2 million baht bribe dont forget that.

How much is he paying them to keep their mouth shut in jail? Bet they are in special cells. Bring him back and let him sleep with swirly man the pedophile."

Has the UK ever given a public statement as to their position on granting him asylum there? I would guess that he's entering the "Kingdom" on some type of diplomatic immunity.

Edited by Shotime

He has a home in the UK (and a football team). I would suggest his investment awarded him a long term Visa (possibly Indefinite Right to Remain), so he would have no problem entering. Though there is extradition agreements between the UK and Thailand (from the turn of the last centuary I believe - before the WW1), I think there would need to be an application and it would have to fall into certain categories of crime - and assurances would have to be met too (no death penalty etc). Even if he gets assylum status (I though it strange that he would be able to apply as it seems a good stretch to fall under assylum application rules) - I would guess that if the application was good and the assurances met, then it would not stop him being sent back anyway.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer and this kind of stuff is very gray anyway.

I doubt the UK would make a statement - they always say they do not discuss individual cases. It would more likely be Thaksin or a representative that did.

I heard he has had his diplomatic passport taken away - not sure how true this is though.

Edited by wolf5370

He won't be sent back, this is clearly obvious to anyone who knows how we treat asylum seekers. :o

Agree and also Thailand has not requested his extradition as yet, so they wont be anything to discuss until they make that request. I also do not think that they have cancelled his diplomatic passport yet, but it's sure to come.

Cheers, Rick

fat chance - living it up in UK as an asylum seeker. :o

So will he be claiming his benefits :D

With the way manchester City are playing he will be entitled to benefits very soon.

My worry is will the Thais make it difficult for the Uk nationals that are living here?

Cheers, Rick

fat chance - living it up in UK as an asylum seeker. :o

So will he be claiming his benefits :D

With the way manchester City are playing he will be entitled to benefits very soon.

My worry is will the Thais make it difficult for the Uk nationals that are living here?

Cheers, Rick

Just tell them you're American, they always seem to think I am anyway.