Best Reuben In Bangkok

Best I have found so far is at Landmark cafe. On a scale of 1 to 10 with Cantors being a 8 the Landmark puts out a respectable 6 which is about as high as a rueban could hopefully attain in an Asian Buddhist society.

Best I have found so far is at Landmark cafe. On a scale of 1 to 10 with Cantors being a 8 the Landmark puts out a respectable 6 which is about as high as a rueban could hopefully attain in an Asian Buddhist society.
girlx Posted Today, 2008-08-16 20:36:33

the only reuben i have had in bkk was from larry's dive, but it was pretty good.

I've been to Larry's many times but have never ordered the reuben. I can't remember seeing it on the menu. I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in. I have had the reuben at the Landmark and it wasn't bad, but like all the food at the Landmark it was expensive.

The Landmark is expensive, but get the Reuben to go, and no soda. They charge like 150 baht for a Coke. The Reuben itself, with fries, is only about 250 baht, and will feed two nicely. That's almost as cheap as McDonald's for a much better lunch! We try to have it once every trip to BKK.

Hi,

considering that we supply a lot of 5 star Hotels with our corned beef, specifically for Reuben sandwiches, I would make it a special for next week Saturday at our Bistro in Ekamai Soi 23 if we get a few pre-bookings for Saturday the 30th - price will be THB 190.00 and the portion will be generous. If there was a continous demand I would put it on the main menu,

John

Hi,

considering that we supply a lot of 5 star Hotels with our corned beef, specifically for Reuben sandwiches, I would make it a special for next week Saturday at our Bistro in Ekamai Soi 23 if we get a few pre-bookings for Saturday the 30th - price will be THB 190.00 and the portion will be generous. If there was a continous demand I would put it on the main menu,

John

Hey John -

I think what everyone is desperately waiting for is the addition of your menu to ChefsXP - and/or a new location which is more convenient. Even if I am technically only around the corner from the Bistro, it's still a 10 minute walk in the wrong direction!

I suspect you will do very good business and won't need to worry about continuous demand :o

Ah, now one more thing - any chance you can make a decent pastrami which is NOT lean? That is something I might order in bulk!

Edited by onethailand

The current location is fine for me.

I am happy for you Dotcom but the whole world doesn't revolve around Ekamai or Thong Lo.

The location is the one reason I don't spend 1/10th of what I would with John. I don't mind to pop in once and a while for a little lunch and a beer but if he had it on ChefXp for sure I would order much more on a regular basis.

ChefXp seems to me to be the easiest solution, no new location needed.

Hi,

yea yea yea .... arm twisters :D .... having the final meeting with the MD of ChefsXP this coming Saturday (got to work on the terms a bit) and we may be on line with them coming Monday already, than you can all order from the comfort of your homes :o

By the way, any location is good for some and bad for others ... betcha if we were on Sathorn people livng in Tong law/Ekamai would complain, so ChefXP seems to be the solution .... another credit customer :D

By the way, anyone who likes a blue cheese (Gorgonzola) Burgers might want to venture over to us this Saturday since we will have the 200G Burger with Gorgonzola topping :D

John

Hi,

yea yea yea .... arm twisters :D .... having the final meeting with the MD of ChefsXP this coming Saturday (got to work on the terms a bit) and we may be on line with them coming Monday already, than you can all order from the comfort of your homes :o

By the way, any location is good for some and bad for others ... betcha if we were on Sathorn people livng in Tong law/Ekamai would complain, so ChefXP seems to be the solution .... another credit customer :D

By the way, anyone who likes a blue cheese (Gorgonzola) Burgers might want to venture over to us this Saturday since we will have the 200G Burger with Gorgonzola topping :(

John

If you were on or near Sukhumvit between Nana and Thonglor, you probably wouldn't get many complaints at all :D

Do you have the burger patties in packaging (for heating at home) and if so how much and where? About time I tried one... and how about that fatty pastrami? :D

I am happy for you Dotcom but the whole world doesn't revolve around Ekamai or Thong Lo.

And you have another guy who can't be arsed to walk 10 minutes to the current location.

Lobby all you want for John to move.

I get all over this town. Have had my own motorcycle since 1993.

And you have another guy who can't be arsed to walk 10 minutes to the current location.

Just because I can get to his location in 10 minutes does not mean it is convenient. When I had a motorcycle I wouldn't have cared either, but I don't have one any more and it is still inconvenient.

If you can't be arsed to say something useful, don't say it at all.

The perception of "huge" is probably different from person to person - a good Reuben has at least 5 layers of GOOD corned Beef and a healthy layer of molten cheese (real cheese and not that processed crap) - I thnik no one has ever left our Bistro hungry ? and yes next weekend I will have Reuben sandwiches on the menu and we will probably also be a member of ChefXP - meeting the MD tomorrow

John

Anyways, my point is I think John's food is great but let's face it, when I have time on a Saturday (and not too hungover from the night before) taking a taxi across town for one of his specialties is a big ask. That's why I keep begging John for a delivery service, which I see from his posts is coming soon (fingers crossed). :o

La Brioche, the cafe / bakery on the ground floor of the Novotel at Siam Square, does a huge Reuben which is served with fries and salad for just 160 baht. It is huge and very, very good.

Thanks for the heads up.

I tried it tonight and indeed; it's quite big, pretty good amount of thick real (uncanned) corned beef inside, served inside dark rye bread, comes with A LOT of fries and a side-salad... and it only costs 180 baht nett including softdrink (ask for the 'lunch set' even at dinner time).

My only comment is that I would've wanted it with some mustard but there was none in the shop; and I didn't want to wait for them to get some. I also told them to hold the 'thousand island dressing' from the sandwich. (The menu board said it was in the sandwich.)

Very substantial meal and very good value for money. I'll be back for sure! :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Today's special at the Bistro Eurogourmet - also available through ChefsXP

post-30681-1220061983_thumb.png

REUBEN SANDWICH on our own Rye Bread and of course our own corned Beef with real imported Emmental Cheese, Dijon Mustard and good Sauerkraut

since ChefsXP has proven to be very effective with lots of orders ever since we joined, I have to say that I produced for about 30 servings (mainly the Bread) -it may be possible that we run out eventually! :o

B 245.00 - Served with French Fries and cole slaw as well as a Hengstenberg Pickle

John