No 95

dotcom

As of Friday, when I was test riding a friends motorcycle, Bangkok is MOTE on benzine 95.

The puppet government should get it's act together.

I think the reason is they are phasing out benzine 95. So soon, everywhere you go in Thailand (not just BKK) benzine 95 will be MOTE.

Ski.....

They aren't tired of pissing away tax payer money on this ethanol scam?

Some fat cat will always get rich.

Please god save us from the greenie weenies.

btw - I don't think 95 Super unleaded is going anywhere.

Usually some hoarders expect a price hike & stop delivering it to stations.

Filled up CB 400 today at Cal Tex - 95.

I want to know about gasohol 95 - I fill my Vios with it. Can I change between 95 and Gasohol 95 or should I just stick to using one? Does anyone know whether gasohol does actually affect the car's engine? What parts does it affect and does using Gasohol cause expensive damage? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so surprised to read that 95 might be phased out, I was just wondering what people were going to do.

Most modern cars (<10 years old) are running fine on Gasohol. You can check with the dealer, but at least Honda, Toyota, Mazda and other common brand cars are ok with gasohol. You might have problem in cars like an old Jaguar etc.

I am driving Honda CRV, and switching between Gasohol and 91 since 2-3 years already. My car has driven >130.000km, and the engine is running very smooth. Currently I use ONLY gasohol 91, because the price is ~30% cheaper than pure 91. But gasohol milage is just 10% less. So it's an advantage to use gasohol at the moment, when the tax is reduced with 3baht/liter (since last 2 weeks).

There can be an issue with rubber based components in the car (hoses etc.) as the alcohol can cause them to perish.

This isn't an issue if the car manufacturer uses synthetic components that are designed for use with gasohol, but it's always worth checking with the manufacturer...

Personally, I avoid gasohol in the car that runs on petrol because although it's cheaper, you get lower mileage with gasohol so I decided it wasn't worth the risk to me... that and the wife didn't like the smell...

I do use the biodiesel in Thailand though. (different vehicle obviously)

If your manufacturer says gasohol's OK in your car's model, then you can mix and match regular and gasohol.

Edited by bkk_mike

Last week I was at the Caltex station in Korat where I get 95 benzine and they were out of it and said they will get no more 95 benzine. Today they were out of 91 benzine and only had 95 & 91 gasohol. They are not sure if they will be getting anymore 91 benzine. Now i have to use gasohol and my car is 12 years old.

• 4 weeks later...