The Official Meet Up Poll

girlx

Thai Visa Bangkok Piss Up  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There, hope this works...

I'm out of the country until November, so will miss this one. Let me know if its a hit - and a likely redo-event is up and I'll grace you with my presence :o

[Edited: 'cos I can't type properly when I'm hung over - apparantly]

Edited by wolf5370

well, according to the poll, the meetup is on the 29th at gullivers. according to the other thread on here, people are meeting up at bourbon street on the 29th. maybe it can be both.

just FYI, i got a PM from the mods saying they would contribute 5000b towards the bill at wherever is finally chosen... so let's decide for sure.

Well im down for bourbon street 29th and there are 4 of us now. if they want to move the date to 28th for sound man because that’s a Thursday I think im cool with that. or he can stick around an extra night. lol.

Whatever im free everyday by the looks of things.

I'll come down for the 29th as I want to meet up with 'Harry Hacker' again.

(But we'll want badges. Badges are important)

"Badges?... We don't need no... stinkin' badges!"

Very much doubt I will be free for the TV 'meet up' but when you do come down I will surely meet up with you, maybe the brothers will be around too.

I will go anywhere except Wong's. Been living here 30 years & never heard of it.

Open the fridge & help yourself to a beer isn't gonna get it for me. Plus - who goes drinking on Rama 4? Unless you are at Satorn & the CBD.

Well, open up a Lonely Planet. I think it is listed there. Google should drum a few things up from days that have gone by. Soi Sribamphen used to be a bit like what Khao San is today. It was the backpacker area of Bangkok in the old days. There are still a few guesthouses around and nice little Italian joint. It is quite close to the Malaysia Hotel. It is a lively little place with pictures all over the wall. The original Wong has passed away, but his brother now runs the joint. He is working on a website now, but it isn't complete yet. It is up to you if you decide not to check it out for yourself one day. I find Gulliver's to be ordinary and boring. However, Wong's is unique. It reminds me of a dive bar in Soho, NYC.

I think you better read the thread.

Girlx said the mods have offered 5000 baht.

Which is about 4999 more than I expected.

Lonely planet? That's what Gullivers is for MATE.

Backpackers? Kao San? OOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I think there is a zero missing

Actually, it is George himself that saw the thread and has offered to kick in 5000 baht towards the bill.

Altough I am not able to attend this "FIRST" BKK meeting I think it is a very nice generous gesture of George to put up 5,000 towards the bar bill.

I hope all you guys and gals have a great time and hopefully I will be there for the second meet.

BT :o