Living With False Pretenses. Bmw You Tossers!

BSJ

Hi folks, talk about selling goods under false pretenses! I was reading a road test of a BMW 800 and the road test guy mentioned that the engine/gearbox was made in China! Crikey, thats a slap in the face to all the folk out there who have stumped up rather a lot of money for what they probably thought was 100% German product.

The Beemer guys must have had a look at the Triumph operation in Thailand and decided to emulate their deception.

So, can we be assured Benelli, Ducati, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi are all fine Italian thouroughbreds or are they pulling the same stunt too?

BSJ what stunt are they pulling. i'm confused. so a BMW factory make some parts in China 'Big deal'. most manufactures have components made in china its to keep the consumer retail price down. and i dont see the Triumph deception. in that its a Triumph factory built in Thailand under BOI regulations, again to keep costs down. BMW and Mercedes have factorys in Thailand to build the cars is that a deception.

Thanks for letting us know they are trying to keep costs down.

Allan

Hi thaicbr, I got no problem with any company making any parts anywhere in the world. But I think it is deceptive if the product is sold with a significant component (such as an engine/gearbox) made elsewhere (China) and the buyers aren't aware of such. Nowhere in their eBrochure is it pointed out that any parts are NOT made in Germany.

PS: I am not questioning the quality of the product, just the integrity of the company.

Edited by BSJ

Hi thaicbr, I got no problem with any company making any parts anywhere in the world. But I think it is deceptive if the product is sold with a significant component (such as an engine/gearbox) made elsewhere (China) and the buyers aren't aware of such. Nowhere in their eBrochure is it pointed out that any parts are NOT made in Germany.

PS: I am not questioning the quality of the product, just the integrity of the company.

This goes on with almost all branded goods, louis vuitton have a factory in korea, labels read made in france !,. alpinestars, made in italy ? think again, i could go on, almost all european bikes have jap electrics ( thank god ) and i agree with you ,its a con, are we led to believe we will keep the workers of germany and the uk in employment if we buy bmw and triumph ? ,..they are all at it, business ethics are out the window, have you seen the ssangyong van badged mercedes, they are all whores ! :o:D

Hmm we have a BMW F650 Xmoto and this bike is completely build (and assembled) in China. It is still a BMW and rides as one. We also have a Harley, which has most of the engine parts manufactured in China.

One thing in China you have lots of manufacturers, China is a huge motorcycle industry, there are manufacturers who sell equal amount of motorcycles in China then most manufacturers dream of for the whole world.

As for every market, you have super quality manufacturers, mid-range, and total cheapy-cheap quality.

The only bike, I belief is genuine a European bike is our Ducati 1098S, the Yamaha FZ1 is Indian build, probably in the factory next to where our Royal-Enfield Bullet comes from....

Even, if somebody asked me, I will not bet on our latest Honda Wave 100X shopping bike being 100% build from Thai parts.... Do I care.... not at all the sticker Honda says it is a good bike...

Edited by Richard-BKK

But a seiko watch in Japan, guess where it's made....................China

But an iPod in Tokyo, guess where its assembled....................China.

But many Japanese Cameras in Japan, guess where thay are made, assembled..... Yep, u got it. :o

Yes folks, all of the above is true! I am not arguing about the fact that many premium brands are using China as a manufacturing base and I am not saying it is effecting the quality of the products. What I am saying is if a company does manufacture in China, then, through it's advertising or product information portrays their product as being European or American or Australian is wrong, because it is deceptive.

Here in Australia we have a situation where a product made up of many parts can be labels "made in Australia" even if many of those parts are in fact imported from O/S but assembled here! All I am saying is it isn't right to deceive people like that.