Automotive Tools

DLock

Growing up, we didnt have much money. Our home toolset consisted of a Phillips head screw driver and a hammer, until I ran over the green handled screwdriver with the lawn mower and it zipped over the fence into a neighbours yard. The hammer fixed a lot of stuff after that...

So, now I'm older and theoretically smarter, I'd like to buy some reasonable automotive tools to try and "fix" some stuff - spanner sest, socket set, good screwdrivers, pliers, hex keys etc.

I have looked in Home Pro and Global Home and while they have some tools, the quality is not great.

I'm not looking for power tools...they just speed up the job of me destroying things.

Oxymoran, Thai/tools...

Exactly so...but then, why would they need good tools, they cannot and/or will not use them anyway.

As you said exactly to which I will say "Yes Exactly" I had some guy doing some tiling in my apartment. He would not have known what a cold chisel was and had a piece of semi rigid plastic pipe with a concrete nail thru the end which he was hitting with a hammer to roughen the wall surface. Won't say anymore b'cos it will only be deleted. :o

It's the wide road that leads north from the north-east corner of the moat. If you drive east along the northern side of the outer moat road (Manee Nopparat), just turn left at the end and you'll be in Assadathon Road. Nana Screw is about 100 metres along on your left. You'll probably see a dozen or more songthaews parked outside and opposite - the drivers all seem to go there for their parts/tools etc.

Incidentally, the owner is a nice guy, speaks pretty good English and is very helpful.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...009656&z=17

Nana Screw is very good and make it clear that you want his best quality. If he does not have it, he will bring tools in from BKK in a couple of days.

Sata brand are excellent quality hand tools and while difficult to believe, are made in China with a lifetime guarantee. Several of the big NA tool brands use Sata and rebrand. I have seen Sata both at Nana, global, and a couple of other small shops around town. Check out the Sata website, and get Nana to order for you.

Robert

Oxymoran, Thai/tools...

Exactly so...but then, why would they need good tools, they cannot and/or will not use them anyway.

As you said exactly to which I will say "Yes Exactly" I had some guy doing some tiling in my apartment. He would not have known what a cold chisel was and had a piece of semi rigid plastic pipe with a concrete nail thru the end which he was hitting with a hammer to roughen the wall surface. Won't say anymore b'cos it will only be deleted. :o

Using the above-mentioned "high-tech" nail-with-garden hose handle, my Thai neighbour helped me do some bathroom tiles removal. I tried it out and it was quite OK to use. It needs to be a good strong cement nail to be useful. The rubber hose makes it easy to hold something your'e belting with a hammer, and keeps the fingers safer. Recommended for certain jobs!