Good Places To Eat In Pattaya

Crow Boy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly drunk now, for a change, so can't be bothered to read through the previous pages, so not sure if this eatery has already been mentioned.

I've just returned from an evening at Cabbages And Condoms, from start to finish a great night out.

Great ambiance, great service, great food and great prices :o:D :D

Apparently a good portion of the money goes to very good causes too :D

I have tried a new place Cafe Des Amis,at the bottom of Soi12 Thrappaya road.

To get there go half way up the hill heading to Jomtien turn left, go down the soi to the bottom and its on the opposite side of the road.

Great food, been 5 times and not disappointed!!! its a small menu but all fresh and superb quality, great atmoshere and very good service. well worth a visit

Simon's Fish Bar, Jomtien. Best fish and chips I've tasted!

I'ts on the right hand side heading towards the beach, about 100 meters before the arch.

I also disagree. Soggy overpriced junk. Unfortunately it seems almost all the places on Jomtien

are simply there to exploit their location.

I will give simons 10 out of 10 for the advert on the local radio station.... It enticed me to drive over from my home near the croc farm to give his place a try.

I give the fish and chips and mushy pea's 7 out of 10. thats a high score from a hull lad that knows his fish. I have had as good at tropical berts but have also had a soggy fish from berts as well. the pig and whistle are a pretty reliable 7 out 10 and a bigger portion of fish than simons or berts.

Dont get sucked into the atlantic cod <deleted>. Try the local white fish anywhere in the world, its bound to taste better than cod which is pretty tasteless. Cod only became popular with fish and chip shops because it was cheap! haddock, grupper,barrumundi, etc,etc, have a far better taste. :o

Ps The T Bone steak (medium rare) at cherry's is top notch for around 400bht (cant remember the exact price) I could have cut it with a spoon!!

Simon's Fish Bar, Jomtien. Best fish and chips I've tasted!

I'ts on the right hand side heading towards the beach, about 100 meters before the arch.

I also disagree. Soggy overpriced junk. Unfortunately it seems almost all the places on Jomtien

are simply there to exploit their location.

I will give simons 10 out of 10 for the advert on the local radio station.... It enticed me to drive over from my home near the croc farm to give his place a try.

I give the fish and chips and mushy pea's 7 out of 10. thats a high score from a hull lad that knows his fish. I have had as good at tropical berts but have also had a soggy fish from berts as well. the pig and whistle are a pretty reliable 7 out 10 and a bigger portion of fish than simons or berts.

Dont get sucked into the atlantic cod <deleted>. Try the local white fish anywhere in the world, its bound to taste better than cod which is pretty tasteless. Cod only became popular with fish and chip shops because it was cheap! haddock, grupper,barrumundi, etc,etc, have a far better taste. :o

Ps The T Bone steak (medium rare) at cherry's is top notch for around 400bht (cant remember the exact price) I could have cut it with a spoon!!

Is Simons open again???

To get there go half way up the hill heading to Jomtien turn left, go down the soi to the bottom and its on the opposite side of the road.

Great food, been 5 times and not disappointed!!! its a small menu but all fresh and superb quality, great atmoshere and very good service. well worth a visit

Is that the place with the pies?

CB

Is that the place with the pies?

CB

don't think so, just a very nice restaurant that opens about 4pm

• 1 year later...
can someone tell me where 'The Baker's Oven' is on Nurnplabwhan?

This thread is a bit dated. I want to know where to get authentic (cod) fish and chips in Pattaya or Jomtien.

I am from the other side of the pond and have never actually tried the real stuff.

Some Brits have got my curiosity up.

Where is the best stuff now? Thanks.

Thanks........so one of these two:

Gooses Fish and Chip between Soi 7 and 8 on Second Road.

Tropical Berts, 2nd Road, just before Soi 6. Best F&C in Pattaya, Friday evening special 190B.

The idea of cod I like.......the idea of vinegar on it sounds disgusting but maybe not.

The "mushy pea" thing really looks disgusting........but maybe not.

I will have to try it.

Thanks again.

i popped into the Yen or Zen ? Japanese restaurant in Central.. tried a NZ steak dish for about 250 baht...was expecting the usual crap beef but ..wow ... these was the real thing, really tasty chunks of steak, crispy on the outside and medium in the middle..plus some other little dishes... got served in about 2 minutes as well...

Mrs got some sushi which was good as well ..

i popped into the Yen or Zen ? Japanese restaurant in Central.. tried a NZ steak dish for about 250 baht...was expecting the usual crap beef but ..wow ... these was the real thing, really tasty chunks of steak, crispy on the outside and medium in the middle..plus some other little dishes... got served in about 2 minutes as well...

Mrs got some sushi which was good as well ..

That had to be Zen. Fuji is pretty mediocre.

The idea of cod I like.......the idea of vinegar on it sounds disgusting but maybe not.

I am American and I love it, but it HAS to be malt vinegar! By the way, from what I have read here, Goose's seems to be the place. :)

Malt vinegar.........yeah......I remember a place in the USA called Long John Silvers that served fried fish with malt vinegar (it has been a long time ago).

It was a different color than vinegar and had a different smell.

Anyway, will try Goose's if I can make it past the Reds in Bangkok :D to get to Pattaya.

Thanks for the fish and chips tips.

Seaside near Globetrotter between soi 7 and central road, well hidden but worth finding. Eaten there a few times and always good, i reccommend the steak & kidney pie but dont expect a regular pastry its more like a yorkshire pudding full of S&K with yummy gravy, cheap aswell.

Of course the fish and chip chains in the US are patterned after the British classic and offer vinegar. Not sure how many of their customers use it, but they have it. I never thought much of US fish and chip chains! The F & C at many places in Pattaya is better.

They were far from top quality fish and chips joints, but they were not bad for what they were and they were better than 95% of the ones in Thailand. Just like Taco Bell, I would not mind eating at long John Silver's every now and again.

Another good place in the States at least in the Southern Cal area was H Salt . Great fish and chips with Malt vinegar. when you eat Fish and chips, Malt Vinegar is a must.

Barry

Don't see what a US F&C place have to do with Pattaya.

While I like fish and chips, vinegar is VERY MUCH an acquired taste that I do not intend to acquire :)