Great Places To Drink In Pattaya

Crow Boy

Harley Pub

next to Eden Hotel

Speaks for itself :o

Soi 2 or where?

Soi 17 - on the way to Thepprasit Road - but it is now the Eden Bar - much the same ambience, less trade though.

If it's a bikers bar you want, continue on Soi 17 300m past the Eden Hotel and then turn at the small soi on the right. I've seen a lot of bikes parked outside a place about 50m into this soi - i.e. almost at Thepprasit.

My favourite is Rolling Stones Bar 2, corner of Walking Street and Soi 16 - very good band (actually try new songs from time to time as opposed to the usual bar music found in most drinking establishments in Patts). Friendly.....but not pushy (I want a drink girls.... even in low season), and finally not too far to crawl back to Phra Tam Nak when my belly is fulla beer.

Peter

Must admit I'm same as many others, a thousand bars to choose from and I frequent around six.

Do not particularly like those Irish theme pubs. Why somebody would fly halfway round the world to Thailand to sit in an air conditioned Irish style bar beats the sh1t out of me but then different strokes for different folks. I do go in one or two occassionally to meet up with friends, recently it's been Jamesons and Shennigans but for me they aren't my idea of R&R.

Beer bars are more my style but the three I use most are Nids (next to Tims), Three Ladies (soi 13/2) and Tuks (soi 13/1) purely because I am long time friends with the owners. Wonderful bar (corner soi 13/1 and 2nd road) I like for a morning naam sodahs while I read the Bangkok Post sometimes going to a breakfast beers depending on how late "breakfast" is or how much I need a heart starter.

Gogo bars, there are only two I use, TQ's (if you need directions you aint been to Pattaya) and Tims (2nd road).

Last trip I took to having lunch and a few beers in the afternoon at the Pattaya Beer Garden and must say it is a very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours watching the tide come in. Visited early one evening and it was pretty quiet but it is the low season.

No R&R to Pattaya is ever complete without a visit to Jenny Star Bar to witness the dance styles of those two TV stalwarts <names withheld pending payment of hush fund> plus the antics of the passing Korean and Chinese tourists.

Last time I was there I thought "right I must get out and about and get in some new places" but after meandering around a couple of hours just found myself back at the usual haunts. I don't much like enclosed places as I enjoy my favourite pastime of people watching so choose places from which I can see the street.

I don't agree with all your suggestions as follows

TQ- always seems very crowded and drink prices expensive ie Jack and Coke 120Bht

Tim Bar- They use Thai size measures for their shorts which short changes the drinker as we are all used to full measures which is not the Thai measures. When I order a Jack and Coke I want to taste the Jack. When I visit Tims (only to accompany friends) I stick to beer.

On a positive note I totally agree that the Pattaya Beer Garden is a good spot (i'd actually say great). I like the location, view over the bay (at times nice sea breezes) good drink prices, good food, the music is played on 4 large video screens and at a volume that allows conversation.

I don't frequent walking street It's to crowded to many drunks about and the mere sight of those Police Volunteer wanke_rs offend my sensitivities also to many tourists.

I have no interest in any businesses in Thailand nor any particular bitch on any particular establishment.

My 2 bahts worth

Regards to all lilBob :o

Tims Bar Agree 100 percent

I used to like playing pool there but their drink prices are a real rip off.

Way over priced.

Harley Pub

next to Eden Hotel

Speaks for itself :D

Soi 2 or where?

Soi 17 - on the way to Thepprasit Road - but it is now the Eden Bar - much the same ambience, less trade though.

If it's a bikers bar you want, continue on Soi 17 300m past the Eden Hotel and then turn at the small soi on the right. I've seen a lot of bikes parked outside a place about 50m into this soi - i.e. almost at Thepprasit.

That's it. I didn't reply fast enough.

Home to some bikers and business folks. Good food, cold beer, inside / outside dining, parking, wonderful local hostesses, no crap, easy and laid back, pool table, etc... need I say more.

Only mature elbow benders and people who appreciate Thailand. No place for flame throwers, wannabees, trouble makers or posers.

Also the Eden is clean, reasonabe , nice pool and right next door. I love the place. :D

Tourist, I recommend the hundreds of bar beers all over the city and designed just for you. :D

:o

Edited by ilyushin