Hiring Staff For Department Store

Hi

I have the following HR questions which I hope some of you out there can help me out and share your experiences and thoughts:

I am hiring 2 part-time/temp staff say, Mary and Jane, (paid on daily wage) to take care of my product counter in two Department Stores. At any time, there will be only ONE person mending the counter.

The Department stores require that I send my staff for training and the training cost 200baht per person and another 50baht per person for making a Pass (like an ID card) in order to get in and out of the Department store.

1) Do I have to pay this 200 and 50 baht for my staff or should they pay by themself?

2) As each staff works only 3-4 days per week, do I have to keep the Pass with me and give it to them only during those days that he/she is supposed to work?

3) How should I make them pass the keys, supposing Mary works on Monday - Friday, and Jane works Saturdays and Sundays.

Or should they both hold keys? I am also concerned about accountability for any loss of inventory. I don't want them to be pointing fingers at each other.

Really appreciate if anyone could share some valuable thoughts/experiences.

Thanks!

Hi

I have the following HR questions which I hope some of you out there can help me out and share your experiences and thoughts:

I am hiring 2 part-time/temp staff say, Mary and Jane, (paid on daily wage) to take care of my product counter in two Department Stores. At any time, there will be only ONE person mending the counter.

The Department stores require that I send my staff for training and the training cost 200baht per person and another 50baht per person for making a Pass (like an ID card) in order to get in and out of the Department store.

1) Do I have to pay this 200 and 50 baht for my staff or should they pay by themself?

I'm sure you could pass this Bht250 to your staff if you really where that tight - but you'd be sending an early message to a new employee that you might regret later.

2) As each staff works only 3-4 days per week, do I have to keep the Pass with me and give it to them only during those days that he/she is supposed to work?

Your staff will each have to attend the course and each will have their own pass - The pass should stay with your staff

3) How should I make them pass the keys, supposing Mary works on Monday - Friday, and Jane works Saturdays and Sundays.

Or should they both hold keys? I am also concerned about accountability for any loss of inventory. I don't want them to be pointing fingers at each other.

You need to have a daily close out sheet that records inventory, this to be signed off and passed over with the keys - A solution to exchanging keys is a locker that they both have access to.

Really appreciate if anyone could share some valuable thoughts/experiences.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the reply, Guesthouse.

What if Mary works Tuesdays to Thursdays while Jane works Fridays to Sundays. These 2 girls won't be able to meet each other to pass over the keys...

Is there a better way to arrange this?

Thanks again.