i cant think of one famous mexican

i must be uncultured

oh antonio banderas

Hugo Sanchez

Moctezuma II

Thalia

Paulina Rubio

Salma Hayek

Now name me a famous Thai known world wide please.....

Tiger Woods's mummy.

I thought Amis weren't snobs...

i cant think of one famous mexican

i must be uncultured

oh antonio banderas

Hugo Sanchez

Moctezuma II

Thalia

Paulina Rubio

Salma Hayek

Now name me a famous Thai known world wide please.....

Tiger Woods's mummy.

I thought Amis weren't snobs...

Riiiiggghhhtttt......not.

Not as good as Carrefour, but a big thumbs up from mommysboy.

Beurks, Carrefour near Fortune on Ratchada must have been the most depressing supermarket I ever visited.

Spent a night at Pak Chon (highway 2 towards Khorat) and went shopping at local Tesco there, nice place.

But no comparaison with "in the ghetto" Elvis Presley

Edited by tartempion

You are one of those idiots that calls tesco the end of the world.

I hate your nonsense.

Go and spend your day off driving from one market to another.

You make me sick. It is OK for us to have easy sales, but not the Thais.

I hope your house is covered by a huge car park.

You rude prick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it seems you do really enjoy offending people and quite an expert with turning each discussion into a personal insult................

-items placed on any shelf cause people are too lazy to return it to the right place

-the customers shopping there have a certain aura to them. Hard describe it but it makes you both thankful for your luck in life and uncomfortable at the same time.

i feel like i am back in the USA whenever i go into one.

Its a harsh dose of humanity but I think its good for those of us trapped in the CBD to go inside a Tesco Lotus every now and then.

if you don't like it; you can always go shopping in another places like:

1. Macro.
  2. Big C.
  3. Carrfour.
  4. Home Fresh Mart.
  5. Tops.

Edited by zaza

Much better atmosphere at any of the Mall's Home Fresh Marts. Like shopping at HEB Central Market back home.

:o

and also there are good Gourmet supermarkets in Central World ,Siam Paragon and Central Chidlom.

Much better atmosphere at any of the Mall's Home Fresh Marts. Like shopping at HEB Central Market back home.

:o

and also there are good Gourmet supermarkets in Central World ,Siam Paragon and Central Chidlom.

True that. Just a bit out of the way for me for groceries.

:D

-items placed on any shelf cause people are too lazy to return it to the right place

-the customers shopping there have a certain aura to them. Hard describe it but it makes you both thankful for your luck in life and uncomfortable at the same time.

Its a harsh dose of humanity but I think its good for those of us trapped in the CBD to go inside a Tesco Lotus every now and then.

I don't think tesco is ghetto. It's just a big shopping/super market.

Yes, even I, occasionally go in there for get something I need.

I don't think tesco is ghetto. It's just a big shopping/super market.

Yes, even I, occasionally go in there for get something I need.

I avoid it and Carrefour / Big C like the plague on the weekends in particular when it's family day out and the whole store is full of people and their kids stairing up at chips and things while blocking all the aisles.

I avoid it and Carrefour / Big C like the plague on the weekends in particular when it's family day out and the whole store is full of people and their kids stairing up at chips and things while blocking all the aisles.

Best time to shop, if you can schedule it, is after the middle of the month. That is when I do major shopping as most paychecks have been spent and the stores are relatively uncrowded.

Don't know what Tescos you shop in or what CBD means but my local Tesco has a very pleasant atmosphere. As for Ghetto, perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word....

ghetto |ˈgɛtəʊ|

noun ( pl. -tos or -toes)

a part of a city, esp. a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups.

• historical the Jewish quarter in a city : the Warsaw Ghetto.

• an isolated or segregated group or area : the relative security of the gay ghetto.

verb ( -toes, -toed) [ trans. ]

put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group.

ORIGIN early 17th cent.: perhaps from Italian getto ‘foundry’ (because the first ghetto was established in 1516 on the site of a foundry in Venice), or from Italian borghetto, diminutive of borgo ‘borough.’

My Local Tescos is far from a ghetto. It's full of local residents doing their shopping.

pedant

ghetto is a slang word in modern pop culture.

20 guys in the back of a pick up - thats ghetto.

a six pack of yogurt in the tissue paper section - thats ghetto.

a half eaten apple hidden behind the soy sauce display - thats ghetto.

a farang shopping with his teerak who is wearing his over sized 100 baht Thailand Elephant tshirt - thats ghetto.

mom shopping with her five kids under the age of 10 - thats ghetto.

You're funny. :D

Sorry, i'm falling behind here. :o "funny" must be a slang word for something else right?

now you are just being obtuse

There is a nice Carrfour near where I live in Bangkok and they used part of the parking lot(HUGE PARKING LOT) for random little shops, but the customer base was more of a higher class if you know what I mean. Then out of nowhere they kicked all of the little shops out and put some wacky isaan "circus" fair in its place. So the customers changed of course. They would go inside carrfour and screw the place up with their 40 kids a piece running around everywhere and they have their crappy trucks outside blasting the same Lao songs over and over and over and over while throwing trash everywhere. At first the "circus" used to show up maybe 2 weeks out of the month and then move to another location, but now it seems they are there for good. I wonder how much the manager or whoever in charge was paid to let that happen.

I don't find Tesco ghetto at all, in fact the only thing that winds me up is when you can't select a magazine here because of all the bums reading them at the counter when they have no intention of buying them. Bums!

Your so right there 'gymshark' that really winds me up as well :D

Only problem with our local Tesco is lack of choice........but great place if you want to buy 500 different brands of vegetable cooking oil :o