Where Can I Meet Americans?

BrooklynKid

Hmmm. The people that are offended that some Americans prefer the company of other Americans, why does this bother you? Do you think they are plotting something? Having an advanced level chat about the NBA that you can't dream of understanding?

I find this really funny. Americans abroad are not very cliquish at all compared to other nationalities. You want a cliquish nationality? Try Russians. Try Chinese. Good day.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. The people that are offended that some Americans prefer the company of other Americans, why does this bother you? Do you think they are plotting something? Having an advanced level chat about the NBA that you can't dream of understanding?

I find this really funny. Americans abroad are not very cliquish at all compared to other nationalities. You want a cliquish nationality? Try Russians. Try Chinese. Good day.

I post something.I get dissed by 99.99% of Non Americans.Ever wonder why I wanted americans to beging with?

Bravo JingThing Bravo. :o:D:D

To all of you, who replied with some positive and informative replies, I thank you. To all of you with something negative to say, get a life losers.

Wow, who would have thought such an innocent OP could stir such venom.

I would have predicted it.

Oh, me too. Soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Well, an open invitation to an anti-American troll convention; pile on!"

As this thread has shown, a reason for the OP to meet and hang out with other Americans is to spare himself all the cheap, ignorant, or uninformed political, economic, and social commentaries from other nationalities, though many Americans are themselves perversely anti-American. Some of those nationalities, to be sure, are worse about this than others. On the other hand, one might also sometimes encounter the most wonderful enlightened, intelligent, urbane, and witty individual from, say, Britain, with the Oxbridge degree requisite for speaking an understandable form of English--but such are so lamentably rare in Thailand as not to be worth the search to locate. In fact, it could be dangerous, as in the case a few years ago when a friendly American made the mistake of asking some drunk Brits in Chiang Mai, watching an intense game of footy on the tellie in a beer bar, whether they also liked American football. For that, he was beaten up. Too bad he was so outnumbered and had not a single cruise missile on him.

Anyway, OP, if you're in Pattaya, visit the TQ1 go-go on Beach Road near Soi 13. Very American; the regulars from other countries are friendly as well.

Golly, I bet you are a real thrill when someone, perhaps a Thai person, in your country seeks to connect with another Thai person for conversation and sharing of mutual interests. Do you own a club (as in blunt weapon)? Do your knuckles actually drag on the ground...?

Pity the poor mods who have to wade through such rubbish - hopefully they will trash your moronic post along with my response to it. :o

So you in turn start flaming posters instead? I cleaned up the thread already, so I suggest you & the others focused on the deleted posts move on with the actual op.

Right on. I was going to post something utterly brilliant but it seems the OP has issues of his own..

Someone mentioned the VFW (American Veterans of Foreign Wars) Posts earlier and I would submit that our meetings are not open to the general public and non-members can only attend by invitation. If interested or qualified for membership, you can go to vfw.org and search for a Post in your area.

I am an American and my closest friends over here are a mix of Americans, Brits and Aussies plus a few other lesser beings (:D)

Worth mentioning, my dearest friend is my loving Thai wife who I absolutely adore.. :o

As DingThing said, Americans don't seem to be out and connecting with each other much (Burger King and McDonalds don't really qualify as American since they are more popular with Thais and other nationalities) but mention a Pub and you will get thousands of replies.

Brits and Aussies seem to like to drink and fall down together while we Americans tend to drink at home and puke in private... :D

Edited by Dustoff

Brits and Aussies seem to like to drink and fall down together while we Americans tend to drink at home and puke in private...

:D the aussie usually falls first (lightweight piss for beer) usually in some yanks (who only went out for a burger) sick, the brit then quite cleverly falls on top of the ozzie thus saving himself sicky trousers :o

If you aren't a drinker or dont want to join an American sport group then chances are it will be random meetings with fellow Americans on a general setting (supermarket, shopping mall, doctors etc) which turn into exchange phone numbers & arranged meet ups at other times. Pretty much how I met any of my British mates in LOS, as well as my Swedish, german, thai, American & Aussie mates too :D