2 Weeks In Chiang Mai - Where To Stay?

popmybubble

I'm planning a 2 week trip to Chiang Mai early next year (hopefully!) to visit a friend I met earlier this year and I'm not sure what would be the best accomodation to stay in?

I can't stay with my friend because he lives where he works so not practical, also I'd like my own space.

I think a hotel would possibly be too expensive. Does anyone have any experience of Chiang Mai Furnished Apartments (a sponsor for this thread)? Or would a guest house be better? I'd like to be fairly central. My friend has offered to find me some accomodation (he thinks he can get me a very nice room for 300-600b per night) but he says I wouldn't need to pre-book, he can find when I get there. Is this quite easy to do in January/February?

In less tha the time it takes to post this, I typed in "Chiang Mai Guesthouse" in Google and got this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=chiang+mai+...amp;startPage=1

As you can see there are dozens of useful links, Just clicking the first one reveals more than anyone would ever need to know about Chiang Mai Guesthouses:

http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/hospitality/guesthouses/

In less tha the time it takes to post this, I typed in "Chiang Mai Guesthouse" in Google and got this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=chiang+mai+...amp;startPage=1

As you can see there are dozens of useful links, Just clicking the first one reveals more than anyone would ever need to know about Chiang Mai Guesthouses:

http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/hospitality/guesthouses/

Sorry, it was a bit of a stupid question...

Thanks for the link though.

Edited by popmybubble

I'm planning a 2 week trip to Chiang Mai early next year (hopefully!) to visit a friend I met earlier this year and I'm not sure what would be the best accomodation to stay in?

I can't stay with my friend because he lives where he works so not practical, also I'd like my own space.

I think a hotel would possibly be too expensive. Does anyone have any experience of Chiang Mai Furnished Apartments (a sponsor for this thread)? Or would a guest house be better? I'd like to be fairly central. My friend has offered to find me some accomodation (he thinks he can get me a very nice room for 300-600b per night) but he says I wouldn't need to pre-book, he can find when I get there. Is this quite easy to do in January/February?

Hi Popmybubble.

We have some mid range apartments that should be ready by January / February of next year ( touch wood at least 5 times ). The prices will be lower than the current ones advertised on our website as the buildings will be different and in different locations. The quality of the furnishings and everything else will be the same.

Mostly they range in size from 32-45 SQM depending on the building and what the owners have done to them.

Go to the website and send me an email vis the " contact us " site and I will reply to you with some more information including prices.

Just mention this posting on Thai Visa.

Derek

There is a Google Map of Chiang Mai now with guesthouses and also links to reviews. You find the link here:Chiang Mai Guesthouses

Edited by marhas1

For a two week stay, 500 Baht a night at the Montri Hotel can't be beat. No better location with all the amentities a hotel can offer.

do you happen to know if they have internet [cat5 points] available in the rooms? or wifi?

or reasonably priced net cafes near by?

cheers :o

I would be surprised if they didn't at least have an internet facility in the lobby. Anyway, it is a stones throw from at least a dozen internet cafes.

You need to talk to them directly about getting the room at 500 as the published rate is 750. Do a google search under Chiang Mai Montri Hotel but don't use the purported direct booking sites as they are all agencies, not the hotel itself.

This time of year, unlikely you would have trouble getting a room as a walk int. The North hotel mentioned previously is only about 100 meters south of Montri so that is a good back up or the other way around.

Both of these hotels are in the heart of the old city so every conceivable amenity is available within a few steps.

Looking at the various agency websites in google will show you pictures, maps and all the information you need to know.

For a two week stay, 500 Baht a night at the Montri Hotel can't be beat. No better location with all the amentities a hotel can offer.

do you happen to know if they have internet [cat5 points] available in the rooms? or wifi?

or reasonably priced net cafes near by?

cheers :o

The Montri has free WiFi in the rooms and a really nice Internet cafe in the restaurant downstairs, but I think that the rate now is 750 baht with a free American breakfast.