Tot In Cm

hill16

Hi folks,

Does anyone with a TOT phoneline and high-speed internet connection have any experience when it comes to moving house? I got the above in May of this year but now we're changing address soon and TOT want to charge me about 1,600 for the pleasure of continuing as their customer in my new place (which is still Amphur Muang / city centre-ish area).

The new place already has an existing TOT landline so in my innocence I thought it was simply a matter of switching my internet connection (as well as my phone number) to this new landline number and perhaps taking out and reinserting a few cables.

I would appreciate some advice before I try to sort this out at their customer service office :o .

Kind regards,

Hill16

I would disconnect the existing TOT internet connection and apply for internet at your new place. Also bear in mind that you do not really need a phone line with the new packages being offered by TOT. They simply pull in a new line (non-telephone) for you. Go to CAT telecom at the Superhighway and find out more about it.

attached is a list of the packages offered.

post-29436-1219374336_thumb.jpg

Hi Tigerbeer,

Thanks for your reply. So are you saying I should change from TOT to CAT or are they one in the same? The reason I ask is that we signed a contract with TOT for one year for the phone number and the internet so should I disconnect from TOT there is a quite a substantial baht penalty. I think, as part of the package, we got the phone number for free but if we don't see out the year we will have to pay 3,350B plus.

Therefore, I would like to keep the phone number in any event as we got the phone and internet connection at the same time. I just don't understand how it costs over 1,600B to take the phone number and internet connection to our new place.

Any further advice please?

Kind regards,

Hill16

pay the THB 1,600 then. Forgot to ask about the 1 year contract. Thats just how it goes hill16. When they open an ADSL account for you, that account is linked to the phone number. So basically they would maintain the same number for you.

TOT and CAT, TOT part of CAT if not mistaken. Not sure about their relationship, still don't understand this whole communications thing for Thailand. But the internet provided by TOT is not going to be the same one as the one provided by CAT itself.

TB..

Thanks TB.

Does anyone understand why they want to charge about 1,600B when I want to keep the TOT phone number and internet so as not to breach the contract for one year. All I want to do is take both with me to my new address (which already has an existing TOT phoneline)??

Kind regards,

(A still baffled) Hill16

Thanks TB.

Does anyone understand why they want to charge about 1,600B when I want to keep the TOT phone number and internet so as not to breach the contract for one year. All I want to do is take both with me to my new address (which already has an existing TOT phoneline)??

Kind regards,

(A still baffled) Hill16

thats a difficult one hill16. thats just their charges i guess. but hope you get an answer to why its 1,600!

Thanks TB.

Kind regards,

(A still baffled) Hill16

thats a difficult one hill16. thats just their charges i guess. but hope you get an answer to why its 1,600!

So do I, TB! It seems quite expensive for what I imagine is a very simple job and this charge isn't exactly doing much for my opinion of TOT from a customer loyalty point of view.