Go-kart Anybody?

raro

End of September there will be a go-kart competition at the new track at Bali Hai pier.

The event is open to anybody, and teams of five drivers will compete. Also beginners are welcome, it is all for the fun of it only!

Other than that the track will make money out of it and some sponsors are expected to cater for food and drinks this event is not commercial and I have nothing to do with its organization other that I know the organizer and will drive myself.

If they do it the same way as they do in Bangkok, then there are teams of five drivers.

Qualifying: two entire teams at a time on the track for 8 minutes. They have electronic timing and print out the lap times while you get out of the cart.

Then one hour race with one driver per team. Drivers must switch after 12 minutes.

didn't test the new track either. The carts in Bangkok are rather lame (they use the smaller ones for this race) but the track is also very winded and you cannot go that fast anyways. After all everybody's on a similar cart and faces the same problems.

I for one prefer the carts at Andy's, two-stroke rules!

If there's anybody out there who wants to race from time to time at Andy's, I'm in! Just PM me or reply here for more info!

<br />didn't test the new track either. The carts in Bangkok are rather lame (they use the smaller ones for this race) but the track is also very winded and you cannot go that fast anyways. After all everybody's on a similar cart and faces the same problems.<br /><br />I for one prefer the carts at Andy's, two-stroke rules! <br /><br />If there's anybody out there who wants to race from time to time at Andy's, I'm in! Just PM me or reply here for more info!<br />

Where's Andy's?

As I have told you before I have raced at Bira several times - the 2 strokes there are quick. Last time out I embarassed my Kiwi friend, who is a professional driver for a Porsche team back in NZ.

End of September there will be a go-kart competition at the new track at Bali Hai pier.

The event is open to anybody, and teams of five drivers will compete. Also beginners are welcome, it is all for the fun of it only!

Other than that the track will make money out of it and some sponsors are expected to cater for food and drinks this event is not commercial and I have nothing to do with its organization other that I know the organizer and will drive myself.

what date exactly me and my freind are intersted,is there an entrance fee.

ok....we had a spin on the slow Karts first, more challenging than it looks like from outside.

But the fast carts are really nice, the rack is ok but a bit bumpy at the bridge. 2-stroke engines would be nicer, but the 4-strokes are not that bad.

Everybody agreed that this event has to be repeated and we will meet again sometime soon. Stay tuned!

yeah the track is ok, a bit small and tight, will be much nicer if they ever link the 2 sides together (its designed too, just not done it yet), if they do that i'll be down there every day with my own rotax kart begging for a run on it.

yeah the track is ok, a bit small and tight, will be much nicer if they ever link the 2 sides together (its designed too, just not done it yet), if they do that i'll be down there every day with my own rotax kart begging for a run on it.

agree...that'll be a winner! but even with the slow Karts on the small track it was not full throttle all the way through (as I expected) but you needed to release the gas a bit to get smoothly through some of the corners.

After all, all drivers have very similar karts (unlike Andy's track where maintenance (tires!!) vary and make it no-contest sometimes) and face similar challenges.