Pet Stores In Bangkok

Moving soon to Thailand and need some help locating some pet stores in Bangkok, that might sell "Iams cat food" It is the only food the cat likes at the moment. I have seen it in a magazine ad in Bangkok last year but didn't write the store or address down at the time.

• 11 months later...
Moving soon to Thailand and need some help locating some pet stores in Bangkok, that might sell "Iams cat food" It is the only food the cat likes at the moment. I have seen it in a magazine ad in Bangkok last year but didn't write the store or address down at the time.

all the supermarkets sell dog and cat food

• 2 weeks later...
all the supermarkets sell dog and cat food

While what the above quoted poster said is technically correct; you'll be hard pressed indeed to find IAMS cat food at anything but the specialty hi-end supermarkets like Emporium or Siam Paragon.

Even there you're not going to finding Iams cat food in anything but the tiny 2 pound bag for a high price.

I spoke with the Iams distributor for thailand at the Pet Expo last month at Queen Sirikit Center. She said no store stocks the larger sizes of it and if they do, make sure to check the expiration date as its likely old stock.

I've not been able to find it at JJ market either in anything but the small bag.

Science Diet and Royal Canin have just about crushed Iams out of the market here.

Then again the specialty cat market is a very small market indeed. Most thais prefer the toy breed of dogs as the current hi-so status symbols that can be dressed up and paraded around.