Decomposed Body Found Hanging From A Tree

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: August 20th 2008

Decomposed Body Found Hanging from Tree.

On Tuesday night police from Banglamung station were called to a remote location in Huay Yai sub-district where they made the grisly discovery of a decomposed body hanging by electrical cable from a tree.

Judging from the decomposed state of the corpse, the male had been dead for at least two months and police are suspecting foul play. The deceased, aged about 25 but currently unidentified, had his hands bound in front of his body with duct tape, a situation which tends to make suicide rather difficult.

The first task of officers is to identify the body and then make further inquiries.

Photographs courtesy of Pattaya One News

Decomposition is swift in Thai tropical heat as the photographs suggest

post-26634-1219379643_thumb.jpg

post-26634-1219379673_thumb.jpg

Understatement of the year: "Hands bound with duct tape. Possible foul play."

The fifth grade writing level of Pattaya City News shines through again.

Sorry, changing the name to Pattaya One didn't seem to cure their problems.

Understatement of the year: "Hands bound with duct tape. Possible foul play."

The fifth grade writing level of Pattaya City News shines through again.

Sorry, changing the name to Pattaya One didn't seem to cure their problems.

Judging from the decomposed state of the corpse, the male had been dead for at least two months and police are suspecting foul play. The deceased, aged about 25 but currently unidentified, had his hands bound in front of his body with duct tape, a situation which tends to make suicide rather difficult.

If you take a phrase out of context, it's always difficult to judge whether it's foul play or not. Pattaya One is there to report what happened and not to give their own interpretation of the facts. That's why we have ThaiVisa.com

Respected senior members- you seem to be being pretty flippant about the (probably grim) demise of this poor b*stard.

R.I.P.

<EDIT: to make me seem nicer>

Edited by Slip

Respected senior members- you seem to be being pretty flippant about the (probably grim) demise of this poor b*stard.

You've got us wrong, there. We are flippant about the absurd way in which this tragedy has been reported. If we could shame Pattaya One into silence (or those who spill their drivel into this forum), I think we'd all be better off.

I am sorry, but I can't quite agree with everyone. I realize that the reporting is, well, less than professional, but I am glad it is reported. It is nice to have news about what is happening outside of our little world--even if it's reported in poor English.

The police would do much better to say less and do more.

Hope they identify this guy and my condolences to his family.