Can Anyone Name This Flower?

I bought this over 4 years ago when it was about 6 inches high, but never knew the name of it.

The flowers come out around June-August I think, because that's when I have pictures of them. They've all dropped off now, so there's just the leaves and stems left.

post-35489-1219440285_thumb.jpgpost-35489-1219440306_thumb.jpgpost-35489-1219440327_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. :D

It certainly has lived in the same pot for years :D, although I did re-pot it recently. It started off very small and produces flowers every year. Very easy to maintain.

I think I'll keep quiet about the poison arrows. Wouldn't want the g/f to get any ideas... :o

Here it is about 4 1/2 years ago when it was about 6" tall:

gallery_35489_952_60562.jpg

My girl said it is (sounds like) chew'n tome in Thai desert rose. a very very slow growing tree & beautiful as well. If you put it in a bigger pot it will grow quicker(but not by much. We just got a couple. the lady wants to sell off her entire crop of 700-800 . 10 baht-30 baht for the smaller. We bought the 2 medium ones for 150 baht & 250 baht. usually 300- 600 baht for the type.The white flowers are more rare & are more expensive.

In Thai is is called chuan chom ชวนชม

It will grow to a good size if you take it out of the pot, but is still very slow growing, likes sun and doesn't mind drought as it is a succulent (stores water in its trunk & branches)

Hi

The boss lady tells me that the shape of the stem trunk is all important, apparently the fatter the better and some prize specimens command very high prices.

Personally I suspect these need to be treated like bonsai.. i.e. kept in a small container and watered regularly to encourage growth in the stem. But then I am usually wrong :o

TBWG :D

In Thai is is called chuan chom ชวนชม

It will grow to a good size if you take it out of the pot, but is still very slow growing, likes sun and doesn't mind drought as it is a succulent (stores water in its trunk & branches)

Thanks for the correction. Sometimes I have to play it sounds like game when Alisa tells me the name in Thai!

They grow wild in the mountainous areas of southern Saudi and Yemen. They prefer cracks in the huge boulders. The tap roots from larger bulbs can extend out 3 metres or more. The local shepherds say they’re poisonous and any goats or sheep eating them will become very sick and could die.