Simple Question Re 12 Months Retirement Extension

Apologies if this has been clarified previously but my searching has uncovered various answers.

For another 12 month extension of my stay re retirement do the required 800k in funds have to be banked at least 3 months prior to the extension application date? I know for an initial retirement visa application this is the case but is it the same for an extension? Thanks for you help re this clarification.

Apologies if this has been clarified previously but my searching has uncovered various answers.

For another 12 month extension of my stay re retirement do the required 800k in funds have to be banked at least 3 months prior to the extension application date? I know for an initial retirement visa application this is the case but is it the same for an extension? Thanks for you help re this clarification.

Yes, that is the written rule, 3 months before, even for subsequent extensions, but there have been reports of variances of enforcement from different offices. In other words, if you transferred later, at least its worth a try, you might still get the extension.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, that is the written rule, 3 months before, even for subsequent extensions, but there have been reports of variances of enforcement from different offices. In other words, if you transferred later, at least its worth a try, you might still get the extension.

Thanks Jingthing - don't want any problems just wanted to know so I can organise the required funds in time. Do not want to take any chances so to be sure will bank 3 months prior.

I've heard some reports in Pattaya lately that time deposit accounts are acceptable to Immigration, so that at least you get a somewhat better rate of interest than on your savings account (maybe 2.75% instead of 0.75 % - sounds trivial but over 3 months it's worth 4000 Baht on the 800K. Can anybody confirm this?