It's Soooo Quiet Now

thaibeachlovers

it is without a doubt one of the slowest low seasons on recent record. In certain areas Soi 7 and Soi 8 and also some of the bigger a go go's seem to be doing a good trade. It may be good for Pattaya in the long run, with the sharp reduction in the number of bars, there are simply to many in pattaya and market conditions are taking over, the strong will survive but many many more will fail.

Take Ice bar for example on LK metro, been open 2 months now, and its up for sale. I think a solid business plan should be manditory prior to opening any business, this slow season had almost forcasted itself with last years high season not being that great. eh, TIT up to you.....

Plenty of ladies still around though, happy mongering.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right jimmy,the good bars will survive and the poorly run ones will not.You can almost tell the very expensive priced bars now they are empty,so it will force the price down aka save the golly,sailor,janes bar,eagle bar,which are always busy with expats and some tourists.

When that first deuce-and-a-half pulled over the hill and decided this spot might be a good place for the Marines to have a little fun back in 1968 I would bet a few of the ladies who entertained them might well have had some relationships going that they didn't mention as well.

The town has certainly grown and it's attracted it's fair share of crooks and con men of all races and colors during that time.

A lot more bars, restaurants and ladies around these days but it's still a great place to relax and enjoy. And the game is still the same.

Fair warning is a good thing I would guess.

But some of you seem like you are on a mission.

Broken hearts comes to mind perhaps?

I'm not a buffalo and I haven't bought any houses for bargirls, thank you.

Did you ever consider you might be preaching your message to the wrong people?

~WISteve

Take Ice bar for example on LK metro, been open 2 months now, and its up for sale. I think a solid business plan should be manditory prior to opening any business, this slow season had almost forcasted itself with last years high season not being that great. eh, TIT up to you.....

My my, if that's true it's not even two months.

They opened the 21st of July. Half the BIB were there for the occasion I think! :o

I stopped by on the 23rd of July:

P236024.JPG

P236023.JPG

Seems it was seriously under-capitalized if they want out five weeks after opening. Little to do with a slow season to be honest. Of course if it's Alex who told you that you do have to take it with a grain of salt. He's been known to tell a porky or two.............. :D

~WISteve

I sure haven't been here since the late 1960's but I still think the "game has changed". The

locals are almost hostile in many areas? And I'm never staggering about drunk and disorderly?

Some of the taxi-drivers, the ladymen and other general thugs are in your face everytime you

go out the door, with almost a taunting air about them? That's what has gone wrong here? If you

stand up to them they very quickly back-down but it's just that haughty attitude that wears you

down over time? Land of smiles? Not here anymore I'm afraid. Unless you remain drunk 24/7.

NO. I think this forum is a great place to share these stories. In my mind, it is extremly funny to listen to the stories.

I enjoy my time in Pattaya, but it is always a good idea to remind folks, even long-stay folks, of the potential dangers of getting involved with these girls. (It is best to stay alone and not invite them in to take over your life or share your life).

I have no mission...only to state that honesty is the best way to share opinions.

I think there are people on here that feel as if they need to defend their lives here and their choices. (Perhaps, they are stuck in a bad relationship and cannot get out)???

Anyway, the game is fun, if you know the rules. However, if you forget the rules of the game and get involved, then you may be one of the unlucky ones to get hurt down the road. I think you are reading about the truth from several posters, myself, postthai and cali and others who enjoy the fun and games, but have been lucky enough to keep these angels out of our lives on a full time basis.

So, enjoy the entertainment and have fun. Just remember, it is a game and one should not engage in defending these ladies.

MONEY WAS, IS and ALWAYS WILL BE THE ONLY THING THAT THEY WANT FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!

So, pay the money, have your fun and move on quickly. A friend once told me that the #1 thing to remember in Pattaya is to

change your ladies like you change your underwear, every day!!!

My my, if that's true it's not even two months.

They opened the 21st of July. Half the BIB were there for the occasion I think! :o

I stopped by on the 23rd of July:

P236024.JPG

P236023.JPG

Seems it was seriously under-capitalized if they want out five weeks after opening. Little to do with a slow season to be honest. Of course if it's Alex who told you that you do have to take it with a grain of salt. He's been known to tell a porky or two.............. :D

~WISteve

Steve,

Hey Mate, my real estate broker told me.

Jimmy

Hmmm innovator have you ever been to a thai bg's room? Most share a room with 4/5 other birds....thats prob about 90% (thats the real reason they don't want to go to their room because lets face its not very nice when you share it with so many other ladies)

Well said, I was about to say the same thing, when I saw your reply.

My last TGF shared with 4 others, 3 slept in the bed and 2 on the floor ( assuming none of them got bought out for the night ).

NO. I think this forum is a great place to share these stories. In my mind, it is extremly funny to listen to the stories.

I enjoy my time in Pattaya, but it is always a good idea to remind folks, even long-stay folks, of the potential dangers of getting involved with these girls. (It is best to stay alone and not invite them in to take over your life or share your life).

I have no mission...only to state that honesty is the best way to share opinions.

I think there are people on here that feel as if they need to defend their lives here and their choices. (Perhaps, they are stuck in a bad relationship and cannot get out)???

Anyway, the game is fun, if you know the rules. However, if you forget the rules of the game and get involved, then you may be one of the unlucky ones to get hurt down the road. I think you are reading about the truth from several posters, myself, postthai and cali and others who enjoy the fun and games, but have been lucky enough to keep these angels out of our lives on a full time basis.

So, enjoy the entertainment and have fun. Just remember, it is a game and one should not engage in defending these ladies.

MONEY WAS, IS and ALWAYS WILL BE THE ONLY THING THAT THEY WANT FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!

So, pay the money, have your fun and move on quickly. A friend once told me that the #1 thing to remember in Pattaya is to

Innovator, while true in many cases, definitely does not apply to all working girls.

My first "proper" TGF was with me for 4 years and the last, 8 years. Neither of them was overly concerned with money, and never, ever asked me for any ( up to you ).

On all my long stays ( when not with either of the former ) had the same TGF for 2-3 months. Of course, there was always the occasional "bad apple", but fortunately not often.

I find the routine of trying to find a "new one" every night is really quite boring.

Of course if you're blind drunk, or willing to go with anything, it really doesn't matter, does it!

Beware if she is always on the phone speaking English, asks for more money than agreed/ advances on payment, needs to go away for the night to see mother/ sick friend etc. There's probably hundreds of warning signs in total.

The best "rule", that I ever read was "don't spend what you can't afford to lose".

And the last page has still got buggerall to do with the OP, just the cold, lonely, jealous and socially challenged beating their gums again.

Very true, NanLaew.

How quiet is it in Pattaya?

I'll judge for myself in a few days.

~WISteve

Innovator, while true in many cases, definitely does not apply to all working girls.

My first "proper" TGF was with me for 4 years and the last, 8 years. Neither of them was overly concerned with money, and never, ever asked me for any ( up to you ).

On all my long stays ( when not with either of the former ) had the same TGF for 2-3 months. Of course, there was always the occasional "bad apple", but fortunately not often.

I find the routine of trying to find a "new one" every night is really quite boring.

Of course if you're blind drunk, or willing to go with anything, it really doesn't matter, does it!

Beware if she is always on the phone speaking English, asks for more money than agreed/ advances on payment, needs to go away for the night to see mother/ sick friend etc. There's probably hundreds of warning signs in total.

The best "rule", that I ever read was "don't spend what you can't afford to lose".

Good points on both sides of the argument.

Remember thou guys lose a lot more money in the west when things break up than they do in Thailand.

If you have plenty of money you can have a very nice time in Thailand and find yourself a very nice lady if you are even a half decent sort of guy.

You actually have to have a fair bit of money thou even by western standards to be able to afford most Thai woman as you will have to pay for everything.

And the last page has still got buggerall to do with the OP, just the cold, lonely, jealous and socially challenged beating their gums again.

Very true, NanLaew.

How quiet is it in Pattaya?

I'll judge for myself in a few days.

~WISteve

You'll be welcome. It really is very quiet.

When I flew back to the States on the 27th of July my NWA flights were crammed full......must have been near 98% occupancy on the A330 to NRT and the 744 to MSP.

I just checked the seating for my flight to BKK next week (I have good seats but I'm always looking for BETTER!) and noticed both legs appear LESS THAN half full at 7 days out. Not good for the airlines or the merchants in LOS, but I think I'll have some room to stretch out............

I have reservations in a nearly new 55 m2 studio in the Soi Bhuakow area: 13k for the month+ electric.

~WISteve

That NWA flight to NRT always seems to be full.

TheWalkingMan

The OP is about how slow it is in Pattaya and NOT about bargirls or bars offering bargirls etc.

For those of you who seem to have forgotten discussions about bargirls is against the rules and consequently this thread is now closed

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa