Premium Rates For Mobile Calls

Hi,

I'm just curious if mobile operators in Thailand are able to charge premium rates for calls to special programs or programs on domestic calls?

Say for example, charging 40 baht or more for a call rather than the normal rate and with full knowledge of the user as well that they are being charged this rate. For the purposes of this question, it would be calls into a special prize line where they are trying to win a contest, rather than downloading something.

Thanks for any information. Also, if anyone has really solid contacts at the local telcos and is interested in some business perhaps, then please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Dr. B

Hi,

I'm just curious if mobile operators in Thailand are able to charge premium rates for calls to special programs or programs on domestic calls?

Say for example, charging 40 baht or more for a call rather than the normal rate and with full knowledge of the user as well that they are being charged this rate. For the purposes of this question, it would be calls into a special prize line where they are trying to win a contest, rather than downloading something.

Thanks for any information. Also, if anyone has really solid contacts at the local telcos and is interested in some business perhaps, then please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Dr. B

You mean like those 1-900 numbers in the states? I think they are as when watching Thai TV, I have seen something that looks like they are saying "dial this number for this item and we will charge you xx baht"

Good luck!

TheWalkingMan