Air Ticket To Australia

I will be wanting to purchase a ticket for my fiancée to come to Australia from Thailand sometime in the new year – she will be coming here on a Prospective Spouse Visa and will be staying here.

We will both go back to Thailand later in 2009 on return tickets.

My question - where and how is it best to purchase the ticket to get my fiancee here?

Thanks in anticipation!

not really a visa question..

in the past my wife has flow over to aus via Thai Airways (booked by STA Travel (in bkk) and Thai Airways (via online) and Jetstar (via online).

she can shop around the travel agents, also check out the sponsors of this site.

best of luck with the prospective marriage visa, we went the same route...

didn't have any issues, visa was approved around 7days later.. no interview was given..

the mrs applied directly at the embassy by making a appointment (which i made over the phone, which took a little persuading as the lady was telling me she should go to the visa office).. i paid the visa fee at immi in melbourne.

Edited by smacko

many thanks - as the ad says - Things go wacko for Smackos! lol

and great to hear that the visa was dealt with so rapidly, fingers crossedthat ours goes as well too!

Great to know visa can be paid here - the medical has already been done, all clear!

so the process starts.

its not really as painful as some people make out... its just a lot of forms to fill...

get the police clearance done, as we waited quiet a while for that..

best of luck.. you wont need any, just cross the t's and dot the i's

I will be wanting to purchase a ticket for my fiancée to come to Australia from Thailand sometime in the new year – she will be coming here on a Prospective Spouse Visa and will be staying here.

We will both go back to Thailand later in 2009 on return tickets.

My question - where and how is it best to purchase the ticket to get my fiancee here?

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi

The cheapest ticket I have found is Tiger Airways which you book online though its no where near as good as Thai Airways, it is considerable cheaper though especially when there are sales on, the cheapest I got was $538 return from Perth to Bangkok though one draw back when flying with Tiger is that you have to have a stop over in Singapore,which is normally 4-6hrs.

Good luck with the visa my wife got her visa in Bangkok last October and is now happily settled here in Perth with a new bub on the way.

Mike

its not really as painful as some people make out... its just a lot of forms to fill...

get the police clearance done, as we waited quiet a while for that..

best of luck.. you wont need any, just cross the t's and dot the i's

I have to go to Bangkok to get the police clearance done this week.

Do you know the address of the office also which hospital is closest to do the medical?

Cheers