Nobody Knows The Trouble I Have Seen

JanAndersLarsson

To all of you, especially "Farang food famine in Ubon" and "GF gender in Udon".

. Sing it brothers.

When it is raining and blowing a full storm here in northern Buriram we have to go to bed without dinner. Could not come out of the house to go to the market. Happened twice this month.

Otherwise the girls are OK. A little old maybe. The young ones are away to Pattaya, Kho Samui and Phuket to catch their farang (you hear the song "Ipput dai prua farang" ?).

Anyhow, next week I go down to Pattaya myself and stay one month to see if the weather there is better for my asthma than the weather up here. Anybody else here in Isaan who have the same problems with short breath or no breath at all ?

Dont think you will have any problems here in Pattaya with breathing problems other than too much boom boom lol.

Seriously though you have many clean areas to choose from and just visit the main part of Pattaya/jomtien for a drink.

GOOD LUCK

CHOKDEE

Dont think you will have any problems here in Pattaya with breathing problems other than too much boom boom lol.

Seriously though you have many clean areas to choose from and just visit the main part of Pattaya/jomtien for a drink.

GOOD LUCK

CHOKDEE

Thanks a lot because I think this might be a problem for a lot of us here in Issaan. Especially when we are getting old and no boom boom lol at all.

Anyhow tomorrow I will go to Buriram and visit my doctor and get some medicine. On Saturday we go down to Jomtien for one month. When I come back I will report about my impressions.

So long (Some time I feel like a motherless child a long way from home (you can find this song on youtube too).

Anyhow tomorrow I will go to Buriram and visit my doctor and get some medicine.

I do a pretty good medicine in the Farang Connection which sorts my Old Timers out. :o

If I survive in Jomtien (Pattaya) maybe I will come and try your medicine. I guess I know it already.

But honestly a lot of farang I have met here in Isaan have problems with asthma or allergies. Better try to give them proper advice.

no breath at all ?

That does sound bad

It weas very bad when it was at it's worst. I can assure you.

Hi Jan

Sorry you have been feeling Breathless in Buriram. Although I live just outside Surin, I have suffered NO signs of Asthma nor has my older brother when he visits 2/3 times a year. He has cronic Asthma and has it permanently when back in The Dis-United Kingdom. I have often wondered about Asthma over here. In all the time I have been here,I have only once seen a Thai with an inhaler.

Have a good break and keep up the regular Pattaya exercise :D Send my regards to all at The Country Club and Sally Bar(opp Thani), both great haunts. :o

Dave

Hi Jan

Sorry you have been feeling Breathless in Buriram. Although I live just outside Surin, I have suffered NO signs of Asthma nor has my older brother when he visits 2/3 times a year. He has cronic Asthma and has it permanently when back in The Dis-United Kingdom. I have often wondered about Asthma over here. In all the time I have been here,I have only once seen a Thai with an inhaler.

Have a good break and keep up the regular Pattaya exercise :D Send my regards to all at The Country Club and Sally Bar(opp Thani), both great haunts. :o

Dave

Hello !

Thanks for your compassion. I guess there are a lot of diferent asthmas and bronchitis. The doctors don't seem being able to differentiate between them.

Up here in northern Buriram (on the steppe) with all dust blowing in from different sources there are quite a lot of asthmatics. I pity the children I have seen in the local hospital sitting with blue faces and breathing from wall mounted inhalers. I don't think they get any of their own.

Myself I have visited the private hospital in Buriram and found a doctor who takes care to listen and try out different types of medication. Very good treatment by all staff there.

I read in another thread that you live in "dreary" London. I have been there just once about twenty years ago. Biking (pedalbike) from Newhaven to Harwich with stopover in London. A very nice Saturday in July. Lots of friendly people. A wonderful town.

I am sure that I will have a good time in Pattaya even if I am too old for the regular execise. My eyes are quite good so I am content sitting and look at the others. Farangfood ! I have not seen it or tasted it since last summer. :D

I have no idea whether it is related to Asthma or not, but I have the opposite problem. We live in Loei and I have no allergy problems. When I visit Jomtien, I get cold symptoms after just a few days. When I return to Loei, they quickly go away.

I have no idea whether it is related to Asthma or not, but I have the opposite problem. We live in Loei and I have no allergy problems. When I visit Jomtien, I get cold symptoms after just a few days. When I return to Loei, they quickly go away.

Hi Gary

I have had the same and (maybe wrongly) put it down to the fact that there are so many tourists from cold countries spreading all sorts of bugs & diseases.

Dave

thais have asthma... my husband is asmathic but refuses to use an inhalor (which is really stupid ) except for twice when he borrowed my son's ventolin.... he just struggles to breathe until it goes away.. fortunately his is not acute up til now... allergies and cigarette smoke are his nemesis.

he has two baby cousins that use inhalation therapy machines and they are in teh sticks in korat.... i guess in the past, if childen were asthmatic and there was no access to decent medical help, they just died so less adults with actual asthma... rather like in the bad old days in america.

we stocked up on vetolin inhalors when in bangkok for future use.

FYI

bina

thais have asthma... my husband is asmathic but refuses to use an inhalor (which is really stupid ) except for twice when he borrowed my son's ventolin.... he just struggles to breathe until it goes away.. fortunately his is not acute up til now... allergies and cigarette smoke are his nemesis.

he has two baby cousins that use inhalation therapy machines and they are in teh sticks in korat.... i guess in the past, if childen were asthmatic and there was no access to decent medical help, they just died so less adults with actual asthma... rather like in the bad old days in america.

we stocked up on vetolin inhalors when in bangkok for future use.

FYI

bina

Hi bina

I bought a new ventalin Inhalor from the chemists within BigC here in Surin, so Im suprised to hear you have to travel to BKK. I just mention it incase you want to try somewhere nearer&easier?? You can never have too many in the home.

Dave

To all of you, especially "Farang food famine in Ubon" and "GF gender in Udon".
. Sing it brothers.

When it is raining and blowing a full storm here in northern Buriram we have to go to bed without dinner. Could not come out of the house to go to the market. Happened twice this month.

Otherwise the girls are OK. A little old maybe. The young ones are away to Pattaya, Kho Samui and Phuket to catch their farang (you hear the song "Ipput dai prua farang" ?).

Anyhow, next week I go down to Pattaya myself and stay one month to see if the weather there is better for my asthma than the weather up here. Anybody else here in Isaan who have the same problems with short breath or no breath at all ?

I don't know if you'll find the young ones in Pattaya. The way I've heard it is that the girls leave Issan and start their (bar) careers in Bangkok. Then once they begin to get a bit worn out, they move on to Phuket. After some time in Phuket and they start to show their age pretty badly, they finally semi-retire in Pattaya -- still working the bars. As I said, this what I've heard and judging by many of the bar ladies I've seen in Pattaya there just might be some truth to it. Has anybody else heard this theory before?

Has anybody else heard this theory before?

no, never. There's plenty of farm fresh in Pattaya if looked for and many of the girls have only ever worked in Pattaya.

JanAL: I find the high concentration of carcinogenic diesel exhaust fumes in Pattaya to be an irritant to my normally healthy chest.

I read in another thread that you live in "dreary" London. I have been there just once about twenty years ago. Biking (pedalbike) from Newhaven to Harwich with stopover in London. A very nice Saturday in July. Lots of friendly people. A wonderful town.

My neck of the woods. That would be "Harwich for the continent - Frinton-on-sea for the incontinent".

(Boater may appreciate that one even if nobody else does !)

My neck of the woods. That would be "Harwich for the continent - Frinton-on-sea for the incontinent".

(Boater may appreciate that one even if nobody else does !)

I understand it too, Chaimai. Coming from 'Gods Waiting Room'

EASTBOURNE

• 3 weeks later...
Anyhow tomorrow I will go to Buriram and visit my doctor and get some medicine.

I do a pretty good medicine in the Farang Connection which sorts my Old Timers out. :o

If I survive in Jomtien (Pattaya) maybe I will come and try your medicine. I guess I know it already.

But honestly a lot of farang I have met here in Isaan have problems with asthma or allergies. Better try to give them proper advice.

What's the proper advice?

What's the proper advice?

Nobody knows. But our trip to Jomtien was quite nice. A lot of good food and drink, sitting on the beach, laughing at the russians and so on. We had to go home earliar because of the wheather but just now I feel quite OK. So my advice is: Just don't sit at home when you live in Eesarn. Do something ..

You English ! Don't laugh at me because I think London and southeast England is wonderful. I have been there just once. It hapened to be two wonderful days. Maybe the only two days in the twentieth century. I don't know..