Dentist Implant

jcowle

Hello

Could I have some recommendations for a Dentist who can do Tooth Implants. I am thinking of BPH but they are very expensive, thats why I would like some local independent advice.

Thanking you for your answers in advance.

JOHN

Hello

Could I have some recommendations for a Dentist who can do Tooth Implants. I am thinking of BPH but they are very expensive, thats why I would like some local independent advice.

Thanking you for your answers in advance.

JOHN

I'm having mine done at Pyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. Very good dentists. The price is now 40.000 Baht each for normal implant, 50.000 each if implants to support full denture because they have to be sturdier.

hope to have helped.

cheers

onzestan

Dr Likpai Warin on Central road(038 720079)Studied in Thailand and US.

I don't (yet???) need implant but one mate living here is VERY happy with his.And I can add I am very happy from the work this dentist made for me.

Prices same same as the one mentionned by onzestan.

I don't (yet???) need implant but one mate living here is VERY happy with his.And I can add I am very happy from the work this dentist made for me.

I am having 6 done next week when I get home and he has been my dentist for 2 years now and I would recommend him.

Very Good.

I am having 6 done next week when I get home and he has been my dentist for 2 years now and I would recommend him.

Very Good.

Thank you all for the helpful info.

Regards

JOHN

Very Good.

Holy Cow......ALL 6 in one week ? :o

Please, let us have the details....... How long does it take ? all 6 under or top ?

LaoPo

Very Good.

Holy Cow......ALL 6 in one week ? :D

Please, let us have the details....... How long does it take ? all 6 under or top ?

LaoPo

Top set, he has taken x-rays already, I will go for another X-ray on Saturday to check everything has gone back to normal after having 10 teeth out of a 2 month period 4 and then 6 out 5 weeks ago.

He said he takes a blood test with a Nurse present, then they centrifuge the blood to get some analysis. (Dont know Why yet)

Then start on Monday, he said it should take 5 to 6 days to complete, 6 implants and then 3 bridges, total 12 teeth.

I will let you what really happens the following week.

:o

Top set, he has taken x-rays already, I will go for another X-ray on Saturday to check everything has gone back to normal after having 10 teeth out of a 2 month period 4 and then 6 out 5 weeks ago.

He said he takes a blood test with a Nurse present, then they centrifuge the blood to get some analysis. (Dont know Why yet)

Then start on Monday, he said it should take 5 to 6 days to complete, 6 implants and then 3 bridges, total 12 teeth.

I will let you what really happens the following week.

:o

That's exactly why I prefer to have it done in a hospital, since you never know what can go wrong (murphy's law), and at the hospital they have everything at hand. (I'm a heart patient so have to be careful)

cheers

onzestan

Hey Pete I just had 6 implants screwed in today at "Dental For You" on south Pattaya road opposite Tuk-Com.

I had my teeth out 3 months ago and had many xrays and 3 different "templates" made up until they got the perfect bite algimentet for my jaw.

I was in their 4 hours today and to be honest id had enough by then. They cut your gum and peel back the skin to expose the bone of your jaw. The only part i found really uncomfortable was the stitching at the end there must of been over 20 at least.

Ive had a few hours kip and feel fine now. Just have to wait another 8 weeks to heel then the actual teeth are put into place along with bridges totaling 12 teeth (thats just the top having bottom done next year).

I was quoted over a million Baht for top and bottom at BPH and 660,000.00 where im having them done now. Big saving if your prepared to take the risk of not having the facilities at hand of a hospital if need be like onzestan mentioned.

Edited by lambretta

Hey Pete I just had 6 implants screwed in today at "Dental For You" on south Pattaya road opposite Tuk-Com.

I had my teeth out 3 months ago and had many xrays and 3 different "templates" made up until they got the perfect bite algimentet for my jaw.

I was quoted over a million Baht for top and bottom at BPH and 660,000.00 where im having them done now. Big saving if your prepared to take the risk of not having the facilities at hand of a hospital if need be like onzestan mentioned.

What kind of anaesthetic do they use....is it just local?

:( Holy Moly Cow.....I'm going through some painful reparation myself at the moment but it's nothing compared to you guys.

Q:

1. what about controlling AFTER-pain ?

2. what about eating and consuming food ?

3. How about cleaning your mouth/teeth after food ?

4. Do you stay at the clinic/hospital or do you go home or hotel ?

Hmmmmm...sounds.... :D :D :D:o:D

LaoPo

Regular local anesthetic same as you have when having teeth extracted.

There is no real after pain to be honest believe it or not, just a little sore.

Food I will be eating soup and rice and things like that for the next few weeks. It's amazing how well you adapt to body changes for the last 3 months I've learnt to chew on my gums. I had one of those full dentures made temporally until all the implant work is finished, i threw it away, I hated it and rather have no teeth then that thing rattling about in my mouth!

Cleaning mouth good old fashion water and some Listerine for a nice taste and smell.

I would say after todays experience having many implants drilled and over 4 hours of squeezing the chair arms it warrants an over night stay with out question. Even though there is no real pain you are very disorientated once you stand up after that amount of time. An overnight stay is not an option in most dental surgeries I would of thought that would only be made available if you chose the hospital to carry out the work.

Edited by lambretta

Regular local anesthetic same as you have when having teeth extracted.

There is no real after pain to be honest believe it or not, just a little sore.

Food I will be eating soup and rice and things like that for the next few weeks. It's amazing how well you adapt to body changes for the last 3 months I've learnt to chew on my gums. I had one of those full dentures made temporally until all the implant work is finished, i threw it away, I hated it and rather have no teeth then that thing rattling about in my mouth!

Cleaning mouth good old fashion water and some Listerine for a nice taste and smell.

I would say after todays experience having many implants drilled and over 4 hours of squeezing the chair arms it warrants an over night stay with out question. Even though there is no real pain you are very disorientated once you stand up after that amount of time. An overnight stay is not an option in most dental surgeries I would of thought that would only be made available if you chose the hospital to carry out the work.

I've had the last 6 (upper) removed just last week. Also have temporary denture which remains in the glass with water for the moment because the wounds are not properly healed yet. So it's rice and soup for me also. My wife laughs a lot though, since the esses don't come out like they used to do, more of a slur now. Anyway thanks for your report, makes me feel better knowing I made the right decision to have it done in Phyathai hospital. Probably will stay the night.

cheers

onzestan