Registering A Dirt Bike

inthake8

Bike registration (on a second hand machine) is a long complex and expensive process.. Almost certainly not worth it on a bike of that value.

I mean are you going to take i to bangkok multiple times for exhaust gas tests etc ??

I dont know how new bikes initially get type approval but on an import / 2nd hand its a hassle.

He inthake8,

Best you contact your local office of the Department of Land Transport, most of the time you will find that it is not that difficult as people say it is. Most people here have bad experiences with the Department of Land Transport because there big bikes had not the complete paper work.

As your motorcycle is manufactured in Thailand and legally imported by Kawasaki Thailand it would be not much problems to get the paper work don, for exact road legal bike you best ask the Department of Land Transport, it seems that it is not everywhere the same.

As I can remember of registering my Honda CRF450X, mirrors where needed..... But that was Bangkok, who knows what they want from you....

recycled book for it 20.000 baht, ask any small thai bike shop

KLX not an easy bike for the recycled book market tho ??? Its easy enough on some kind of common thing, CB400, Bandit4, CBR etc..

But once you want a oddball ?? And a new model oddball at that !!! I dont know about your area but here they wont let a bike with a book that doesnt match the machine slide..

Also your getting good priced books.. 28k was the last price I had.. Easier to buy a new bike WITH a book for a KLX / KSR ??

He inthake8,

Best you contact your local office of the Department of Land Transport, most of the time you will find that it is not that difficult as people say it is. Most people here have bad experiences with the Department of Land Transport because there big bikes had not the complete paper work.

As your motorcycle is manufactured in Thailand and legally imported by Kawasaki Thailand it would be not much problems to get the paper work don, for exact road legal bike you best ask the Department of Land Transport, it seems that it is not everywhere the same.

As I can remember of registering my Honda CRF450X, mirrors where needed..... But that was Bangkok, who knows what they want from you....

Does it not still require the emissions pass (as its not new) even on a sub 250cc bike I thought that was still part of the process ??

recycled book for it 20.000 baht, ask any small thai bike shop

KLX not an easy bike for the recycled book market tho ??? Its easy enough on some kind of common thing, CB400, Bandit4, CBR etc..

But once you want a oddball ?? And a new model oddball at that !!! I dont know about your area but here they wont let a bike with a book that doesnt match the machine slide..

Also your getting good priced books.. 28k was the last price I had.. Easier to buy a new bike WITH a book for a KLX / KSR ??

Actually my buddy here did put a cloned book on a small bike but in my opinion its a waste of time, there are clubs for the klx and rallies are held where hundreds of them show up, most without plates,...i have 3 bikes ,one has a plate, the thai 125 suzuki, im always stopped on that one, not on the other 2 for some reason, but they are trail/off road bikes and i avoid the busy side of sukomvit,.

There seems to be alot of misunderstandings between KLX and KSR.

The KLX Dirt bike is 35,000bht newand limited to 200 units per year sold in Thailand it always sells out,it is a dirt bike and as such you cannot reister it as a road bike here in thailand.

The KSR looks very similar to most people but is in fact road legal with out knobblies, sells for around 60,000bht.

Why any one would want to ride legally on the roads on a 3 speed low geared kids bike i dont know.

Maybe sell it and but a KSR secondhand

I am 99% sure I have seen a plated KLX.. Or course Thailand being Thailand I have no way of ever knowing by what means that plate was obtained and how legal it was..

I also saw a mystery KSR'alike the other day.. just went past and no time to look but it had a mini monster style trellis frame.. Was on a red plate so might be legal or maybe just paid the 5k to slap one on forever.

Maybe me, but I had the idea that the KLX 110 and the KSR 110 where using the same engine, and yes I have seen official registered KLX 110 motorcycles.

One advice, stop talking about "dirt bike" that give people at the Department of Land Transport a whole wrong idea. When I registered my Honda CRF450 I called it a enduro style motorcycle, it was clear that the person we talked to had no idea what enduro was... but we had no problems.... (but that was some time ago...)