Buying Shares On The Set

I have been trying to search this thread for information on buying shares on the SET with no luck. What is the best way to buy shares in Thai companies? I have bought and sold online while living in Canada, can a foreigner do that here? Thanks for any links and/or info in advance.

hi. yes the search function can be tricky sometimes, but there is heaps on info on buying shares in this forum. best strategy is use the search link on the top right of this page. select "advanced search options". type in your key words like "buy shares" "choosing best stockbroker" etc etc or other similar combinations. select "search thread topics only" then hit search and you will get a few good ones. there is a new thread started every few weeks on this topic! plenty of different opinions about which are the best brokers so do your homework before you hop in bed with one. good luck

I used Seamico for a few lucky years.

I was very happy with their website, trading platform and service.

As MattSF218 said, but NVDR (Non Voting Depository Receipts).

These are dividend-yielding shares which do not provide voting rights.

yep...really easy to do...I use kimeng.co.th...

you will want to buy NVDR shares that trade on the local market rather than the foreign shares.

they have an office near siam paragon in bangkok, go there to setup an account.

Agreed a good group of people to deal with, and the after market support is great.

hi. yes the search function can be tricky sometimes, but there is heaps on info on buying shares in this forum. best strategy is use the search link on the top right of this page. select "advanced search options". type in your key words like "buy shares" "choosing best stockbroker" etc etc or other similar combinations. select "search thread topics only" then hit search and you will get a few good ones. there is a new thread started every few weeks on this topic! plenty of different opinions about which are the best brokers so do your homework before you hop in bed with one. good luck

use ing in bkk as a discount broker, no advice, just shares.