Non Imm B Visa Hong Kong

Just returned from HK where with the full documentation, I attempted to obtain a one year multi entry. Unfortunately was only granted a 3 month single entry but was told by the very helpful Thai staff that :-

1). No Embassy / Consulate was approved by Thai Govt to issue anything more that a 3 monther.

2). The paperwork required is not as is mentioned in the DFA web site, no company profile needed, no proof of finances needed AND no WP 3 needed.

3). Reasons given for the 3 month only visa, was that the Embassy could not verify that the documents supporting were accurate or real or fake and only immigration in Thailand could check and double check.

4). If documentation stands up to scrutiny then Immigration in Thailand would issue the one year extension.

As I say the Thai Staff in HK deal with all Visa applications (unlike Manila where a local controls it all) they took time to sit and tell me everything and were helpful and polite. On top of that the Consulate is quiet and procedures were very quick. When applying was in and out in 15 mins

Just returned from HK where with the full documentation, I attempted to obtain a one year multi entry. Unfortunately was only granted a 3 month single entry but was told by the very helpful Thai staff that :-

1). No Embassy / Consulate was approved by Thai Govt to issue anything more that a 3 monther.

2). The paperwork required is not as is mentioned in the DFA web site, no company profile needed, no proof of finances needed AND no WP 3 needed.

3). Reasons given for the 3 month only visa, was that the Embassy could not verify that the documents supporting were accurate or real or fake and only immigration in Thailand could check and double check.

4). If documentation stands up to scrutiny then Immigration in Thailand would issue the one year extension.

As I say the Thai Staff in HK deal with all Visa applications (unlike Manila where a local controls it all) they took time to sit and tell me everything and were helpful and polite. On top of that the Consulate is quiet and procedures were very quick. When applying was in and out in 15 mins

Embassies and their consular sections (always independant in action to the emabassy itself) as a rule tend to be stricter than consulates not attached to an embassy.

Interesting that HK do not require WP3 receipts or finance.

Most embassies will give you the story that they only issue 3 month non B visas and that it's easy to get a one year extension of permission to stay here in Thailand. If only this were the truth; it is almost impossible for new and small companies to get such an extension for an employee with a work permit.

Which is obviously nonsense. They might have been told they can't issue a one-year multi-entry visa but that's about as far as it goes.