I Hate True Internet!

Florin

NEVER, EVER HAVE AN ISP CUT OFF MY INTERNET TO SHOW ME SOME SPAM ABOUT SOME MOTHER****ING CONVENTION!!!!!

This happened both at home and at the office, in different areas of Bangkok...all Internet traffic gets cut off and when trying to browse you get nicely redirected to a lovely little page which encourages you to register for some bloody convention that they're part of...in fine print it is mentioned that if you want your net back, you need to reconnect your DSL.

At home I didn't mind so much, but to cut off whole offices from the net just because of their goddamn SPAM is unacceptable!

Edited by Florin

Seriously, I feel this is worthy of a swift beating to whoever implemented this, took me 10 minutes to figure out you had to MANUALLY DISCONNECT then reconnect just to get rid of their spam and be able to browse again.

It redirects all HTTP traffic to a page similar to their "Overdue balance" page and blocks traffic on all other ports as well...I can't believe they expect people to actually react nicely to this "invitation" and register!

And as Sabum said, you need to manually disconnect your DSL connection (by unplugging the router or what not) to get it working again...and they mention that you need to do it this way even if you do follow their link and register for the convention!

I just called them to complain, their reaction was that "oh, we only did this one time"!!! Are they 5 year old kids??

A service outage I can understand, there are no guarantees with DSL, but this is willful behavior on their part! This sort of stuff wreaks havoc with things like long FTP uploads and their method of getting your net back is not at all straightforward to the average person, I got 3 calls from non-techie friends yesterday and today about this crap.

I got the same message about joining some convention or something. No late payment.

It took a while to understand what was going on. I ended up calling True. When I open up FF there are about 6 tabs. Help desk told me to close down each tab by clicking their "close" button, then turn off the router and count to 10! Switch it back on then open FF again. Bloody stupid. Someone at True should get a kick in the arse for that one.

This is absolutely ridiculous behavior on their part.

Everyone should should flood their offices with phone calls and letters to ensure this never happens again. Let them know you were in the middle of important video conferences, voip phone calls with dying grandmothers, etc. to ensure they see this affected customers in a way they never took the time to consider.

It's Saturday Aug 30 now, since 8am BKK time, my wife can not log in into Yahoo Messanger or MSN.

True is the ISP.

I tried her both logins in Japan, they are OK.

She is getting "can not log you in at this time", still, now it is 10:45am. Anyone having same trouble?

Could someone in BKK with True try their logins into Yahoo or MSN and check?

Edited by think_too_mut

Did not get anything like that.

perhaps my firewall / spy ware stop it ?

I don't think that would have stopped it. It only occurred for a brief period around 4pm. If you weren't using the internet then you wouldn't have noticed it. It completely disabled all internet functions, in order to get people to sign up for their stupid conference. Whoever made this decision should be fired immediately. Hijacking customers computers is completely out of line.