Do You Listen To Thai Radio To Improve Your Thai?

desi

I need to find a Thai radio station (edited) online or not.

88banana.fm seems ok.

Then there's RadioBangkok

And more here.

Any recommendations?

The music I prefer includes Jazz, 70's Rock (Elvis Costello, Rod Stewart, Squeeze, David Bowie, the Beatles, ACDC...), Big Bands, Musicals, Orchestra (Baroque, Bach, Vivaldi...), Corinne Bailey Rae, Shakira...

Edited by desi

So I guess that's a no...

I'm here too. Just not stuck ;-)

I do watch the BBC in the evening, just not during the day.

UBC has radio stations so I'm not limited to online. But I don't know which ones are consistently decent so I thought I'd ask.

I'm not around a lot of Thais anytime (I work alone). And as I'm not into a lot of TV (Thai or otherwise) I thought the radio would suffice.

I've seen "Thai Parliament Radio" referred to a few times, apparently the speakers speak clearly and don't use slang. A good aid to learning the Thai language. It's available on-line, sorry I don't have the link. I think David may have it though !

I've seen "Thai Parliament Radio" referred to a few times, apparently the speakers speak clearly and don't use slang. A good aid to learning the Thai language. It's available on-line, sorry I don't have the link. I think David may have it though !

http://www.radioparliament.net/live_broadcasting.php

Thanks David and 5tash! I was just googling (but didn't find the site yet...)

jor sor 100 (jor sor roi)

website here

a bangkok station , all speech , traffic and weather with the public phoning in with reports of traffic jams , lost kids and pets , interviews with police and witnesses to incidents on the street , reports of belongings left in taxis and phone in discussions of current events and issues . you can hear different accents and speech patterns. first rate announcers / hosts.

as with all phone in stations , the eccentrics and crazies get a hearing too , especially late at night.

but the helpfulness, common sense, practicality and good spirit of "real" thais shines through.

a good website with lots of news and a link to internet radio (that doesnt always work)

Edited by taxexile

Sorry for the plug but my website has a radio links page there with plenty on it.

No apologies necessary. I have your website on the resources page of my personal blog, but I didn't realise yours had radio stations listed. Ta!

Sorry for the plug but my website has a radio links page there with plenty on it.

No apologies necessary. I have your website on the resources page of my personal blog, but I didn't realise yours had radio stations listed. Ta!

Do I have a link to your blog on there? PM me the link if not and you want me to add it.

Thanks taxexile for จส 100 that's a good link.