Bikeparts..

Matts

Quite a few places here in Phuket, do a search and you should come up with a few places.

There was a Australian bloke who wanted to sell his business here in Phuket. It consists of heaps of harley bits and pieces. Maybe go to www.phuketgazette.net and place a free add - Im sure you will get a response.

I have a WLA at home in Aus and I miss the old girl. :o

Quite a few places here in Phuket, do a search and you should come up with a few places.

There was a Australian bloke who wanted to sell his business here in Phuket. It consists of heaps of harley bits and pieces. Maybe go to www.phuketgazette.net and place a free add - Im sure you will get a response.

I have a WLA at home in Aus and I miss the old girl. :o

Never heard WLA????Tell me about her... :D

id_harley_wla_full_2.jpg

(not my bike). rifle scabbard, black-out lights, racks, ammo box, and pannier bags

1942 Harley-Davidson WLA, my father had it for years and it was passed down to me. They were used in WW2.

It never looked as good as the photo above, when I inheritated it, but it looks totally different now.

id_harley_wla_full_2.jpg

(not my bike). rifle scabbard, black-out lights, racks, ammo box, and pannier bags

1942 Harley-Davidson WLA, my father had it for years and it was passed down to me. They were used in WW2.

It never looked as good as the photo above, when I inheritated it, but it looks totally different now.

THANK YOU!!!!

Nice piece,did you really ride on this kind of machine??with buddyseat and from the W-serie that was born in 1937.WLC was from Canada,if it was this kind? you should put in a bankvault!After bombing Pearl harbor,this machinery is very hard to find!!Ride safe... :o

I've never come across any old parts in 15 years being in Thailand. I've never looked for them though, ,but if I'd have seen them then I would've remembered. I've seen quite a few restored old bikes, some for sale others not.

Have you thought about having some old parts copied and made here? Obviously not engine parts but things like springers, exhausts, seats, tanks and fenders etc.

BTW, There's a stall in Chatucak Market that has a fair bit of old original Harley memorabilia. Maybe the stall owner knows where to get old spare parts.

I used to have a 1943 WL Servi-car back in the early 80's in England but later converted it to a two-wheeler.

id_harley_wla_full_2.jpg

Tornado, is this the bike Steve McQueen dodged the Nazis around the hills in 'The Great Escape,' or was he riding a German bike? just curious.

In Bangkok, go to Jammers' Soi Chok chai 4 Lardprao....Soi RCA V twin shop....Powerstation....Maybe Siam speedway on New Petchaburi road. I also have a friend who builds bikes out of his house in LardPrao, if you want his number pm me...

In Pattaya Hot Rod on Pattaya 3rd road, ask for AED....also Wrangler behind Big C south Pattaya road ask for Mike... V2 on pratamnak road had lots of 2nd hand parts but I think they closed for now....Western bike 3rd pattaya ask for Wood.

In Phuket ask around Nicks' Handlebar....they know!

If you, are in Pattaya , I have some parts as well, carbs, ignition, chrome covers, mirrors, etc.... and a Heritage Softail bike for sale... :o Good luck!

In Bangkok, go to Jammers' Soi Chok chai 4 Lardprao....Soi RCA V twin shop....Powerstation....Maybe Siam speedway on New Petchaburi road. I also have a friend who builds bikes out of his house in LardPrao, if you want his number pm me...

In Pattaya Hot Rod on Pattaya 3rd road, ask for AED....also Wrangler behind Big C south Pattaya road ask for Mike... V2 on pratamnak road had lots of 2nd hand parts but I think they closed for now....Western bike 3rd pattaya ask for Wood.

In Phuket ask around Nicks' Handlebar....they know!

If you, are in Pattaya , I have some parts as well, carbs, ignition, chrome covers, mirrors, etc.... and a Heritage Softail bike for sale... :o Good luck!

Thank`s..I will mail here when I`m in Pattaya next week,got also an adress in Jomtien,Patrick Bernard?but maybe he closed?since you did not mentioned him..

Anyway, maybe we meet...

Didn't Steve McQueen ride a Triumph in 'The Great Escape'? No way could he have gotten the hog in the photo airborne as in jumping the fence in the movie...

He rode a Triumph in the movie. Not sure on the model or year but I think it was the same as the one in the Marlon Brando movie 'The Wild One'.

Don't think that a Harley can get airborne enough to jump a fence like in 'The Great Escape'?

Some great photos of old bikes and true bikers here.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=29723

Might take a while to DL the photos on a slow connection and if some pix don't show up, right click on the red cross.

It's worth it. :o