Trains To Stop Nationwide As SRT Unionists Join Protest

george

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow

here we go again. or don't any of you remember. i keep reading what most of you are saying and i don't think you really do know.

remember back in 1992? who was doing it then and who is doing it now?

i think you will find basically the same people.

who is right and who is wrong? May be some of you had better start thinking a little before you open your mouth.

I don't normally reply to this site, but i think i will for now on.

many of you, i am afraid, are realy stupid, dumber then dirt.

Oh lucky lucky us! :o

OMG!

I love some of the w***** comments on here. Obviously these Thais feel so strongly about the situation their country is in that they feel the need to protest like this. If this happened in Australia, UK or the States and you felt strongly about it would YOU be out there protesting or sitting on a fence making racist and imperious comments about the hardworking people of this country?

Give them, the Thai's a break! And if the train drivers feel strongly and wish to throw their weight behind the protest then it simply is none of YOUR or OUR business. At least they are exercising their rights and dont need fence sitting farang wanke_rs to tell them what to do.

Edited by Roachiebkk

I would like to applaud Thailand for the "King requested" soft approach to solving the cause of the current political protests in Bangkok. The fact that there may be a few disruptions to train travel is a peaceful way of Thai workers showing support for the protesters. I fervently hope that it will remain non-violent! This type of protest in some 'third world' countries, like N. Korea or the U.S.A., would have already been snuffed out by mass arrests (by brutal force if resisted, or even imagined to be resisted). Homeland Security would assure them all a place to stay for many years and America would start filling those FEMA relocation compounds close to Washington.

So, well done Thailand. Keep up the good fight for honest governance!!!

Paul

Well said. Samak and his cohorts of the PPP (a reincarnation of the TRT) are/were just lackeys of boxhead. He came back hoping that some how he'd be able to control things from behind the scenes. For once, in this uncetain democracy, the courts stood up to somebody with seemingly unlimited power and he was sent packing. All of a sudden Samak and his cronies have had the the rug pulled from under their feet. The only legitimacy they've got is from that uneducated, missinformed, bribed rabble from the North East. The educated, middle class from Bangkok and the south don't want them there. They know that in the long run they won't do an ounce of good for this country. Abhisit is the real leader in waiting. The sooner we get rid of this bloody corrupt, incompetent lot the better it will be for everyone. Thaksin and his ilk have had their day. They were greedy beyond belief. Lets not forget that back in 2001 when boxhead won his fist election it was based on a bribe - one million baht to all villages up North. The second time around the threat went out that if those same people, who'd accepted the bribes, didn't vote TRT, then the bribes (loans) would be called in. Boxhead was back in power again. Being of greedy bloody chinese descent he, and his entourage, just couldn't help themselves could they. When they sold Shin corp, if they could've just done the right thing and paid a bit of tax, then that coup probably wouldn't have occurred. This whole bloody ongoing mess is of boxheads making, that's the reality. I've got alot of respect for the average Thai. The truth is they put up with a lot of shit because they're genuinely polite and descent people. But they've also got pride and when something gets to a point where it stinks - as this does - then they do something about it. Good on them, they've got my full support.

Well said Megalithic, it's all about toxin, and till he's out of the picture for good this unhappy circus will continue to go round and round.

While I do not know what life was like for the rural poor under the last Democrat Party Government, the PM Chuan Leekpai ( I think ), was, seemingly, widely respected and life certainly seemed ( from what I could see ) to be getting better for the average Thai. Definitely, there was little petty crime against farangs. Once toxin took over, it was pretty obvious that he was out to steal as much as he could from the country, using middle class tax money to bribe poor rural voters into keeping him in power, and using the courts to suppress any opposition ( it was all in the papers during that time. He was so overconfident that he didn't even shut down the press ). No wonder anyone that cared about Thailand was against him. Since he came to power and all the years since, Thais have been unhappy ( from what I can see ), and petty crime against farang has undoubtedly risen.

Anyone supporting PPP is clearly supporting toxin, and a continuation of the plundering of Thailand.

Incidentally, I doubt Thailand has ever had anything resembling a true democracy, but that does not give anyone the right to openly steal everything they can, just because they happen to be in government.

And Thai may stop flying

THAI union allows staff to take leave to oppose govt

(BangkokPost.com) - Thai Airways' labour union informed its 15,000 members on Friday that they are entitled to take sick leave to show their disagreement with the government's action against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

Members of the union include technicians, pilots, flight attendants and others.

According to chairman of the THAI union Jamsri Sukchotirat, the union strongly disagrees with the government's use of force against demonstrators, who rally peacefully.

She added that the union would request all 25,000 staff of THAI to suspend work to oppose the government if it continues its violent action.

And Thai may stop flying

(BangkokPost.com) - Thai Airways' labour union informed its 15,000 members on Friday that they are entitled to take sick leave to show their disagreement with the government's action against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

According to chairman of the THAI union Jamsri Sukchotirat, the union strongly disagrees with the government's use of force against demonstrators, who rally peacefully.

She added that the union would request all 25,000 staff of THAI to suspend work to oppose the government if it continues its violent action.

I've heard reports THAI is not flying at the moment.

diehard60: Could you explain your post. You may be right--I am apparently dumber than dirt because I don't have a clue what your talking about.

Show me someone who pretends to know of a 'higher power' behind PAD and that is surely someone who knows nothing about what is going on.

And Thai may stop flying

I've heard reports THAI is not flying at the moment.

I just heard a Union Official on ASTV, on the demonstration site, who said as much. Looks like Thai air is down. Here is the link to hear and see more

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

NBT News is feeding people Bulls**t. Saying there was no Teargas used. The protesters just showed a man who was shot and who was in the middle of the police teargas attack. Not that I am surprised. When did the government channel ever tell the truth?

Samak won't last long, I think. All the Unions will be part of the general strike soon and effectively bring the country to a standstill. A textbook civil disobedience. I am proud of the PAD, for doing such a great job and for keeping its ranks from fighting back.

The trains and planes are only the beginning.

If Samak was smart, he would have quit by now.

Hey, I just seen a white guy in a blue t-shirt giving the thumbs up, in the middle of the protesters. Great going guy. If I ever meet you, I'll buy the beer ;-)

We were looking for a demonstration site in Chiang Mai today. Went to Nawarat Bridge, Thae Pae Gate, and the Airport, but couldn't find any protesters to join yet. Thought about being the first one at the airport to start one, but there were already two big truckloads of cops there to prevent just that, plus all the armed security guards at the airport.

Hope Samak stops attacking the protesters everywhere. He should know when it's over. The fat lady sang a long time ago

Hey, I just seen a white guy in a blue t-shirt giving the thumbs up, in the middle of the protesters. Great going guy. If I ever meet you, I'll buy the beer ;-)

We were looking for a demonstration site in Chiang Mai today. Went to Nawarat Bridge, Thae Pae Gate, and the Airport, but couldn't find any protesters to join yet. Thought about being the first one at the airport to start one, but there were already two big truckloads of cops there to prevent just that, plus all the armed security guards at the airport.

Hope Samak stops attacking the protesters everywhere. He should know when it's over. The fat lady sang a long time ago

Chiang Mai is Thaksin's home turf, filled with yet more of his moral-lacking zombies, although there have been quite a few protesters up there as well.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Might I remind you folks of one of the forum rules. Discussion is encouraged. Personal insults are not:

"2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger."

I would like to applaud Thailand for the "King requested" soft approach to solving the cause of the current political protests in Bangkok. The fact that there may be a few disruptions to train travel is a peaceful way of Thai workers showing support for the protesters. I fervently hope that it will remain non-violent! This type of protest in some 'third world' countries, like N. Korea or the U.S.A., would have already been snuffed out by mass arrests (by brutal force if resisted, or even imagined to be resisted). Homeland Security would assure them all a place to stay for many years and America would start filling those FEMA relocation compounds close to Washington.

So, well done Thailand. Keep up the good fight for honest governance!!! Paul

well said, paul! in another thread we discussed the possible meaning of the words "extreme caution" and "soft & gentle" we all know diplomatic language, do we? "extreme caution" = a strong warning! "soft & gentle" = but not with you samak, coz we know, that you've never ever been soft & gentle. i believe, that this is the harshest way to tell someone: resign! samak may have asked tax-sin, but his puppetmaster did not allow him leave without loosing face, coz for taxsin the stakes are as high as several billion..........

Posts that violate forum rules are deleted. Please do not waste your time posting such.

Back on topic: friends are planning to ride the train from BKK to Chiang Mai on Sept. 7. I just wrote them that the strike should be settled by then. Do you agree?

I recall the general strike in Venezuela, 2002-2003, went on for weeks.

Paul

Trying to compare the democracy in the USA to what goes on in N. Korea ?? Oh ya.....the yaa baa's gettin stronger by the day!!!

I agree , what an asinine statement !! I suggest the poster move to N Korea and enjoy the freedom there. :o:D:D:D

Hrmmmm I smell irony here ...

The Peoples Alliance for Democracy is causing civil unrest and protesting against a Democratically elected government.

It`s more of a coalition of slimy parties and their criminal litigant members than an elected government.

Edited by Tony Clifton

does anyone have any relevant information pertaining to the topic of this thread, ie train service and lack of, specifically are any trains leaving bangkok heading south?

thanks probably a shot in the dark as it seems everyone has the answer to the political situation these days and wishes to spout off about it

does anyone have any relevant information pertaining to the topic of this thread, ie train service and lack of, specifically are any trains leaving bangkok heading south?

thanks probably a shot in the dark as it seems everyone has the answer to the political situation these days and wishes to spout off about it

Mr. Phairat says the labor unions affirmed they have no conflict with the SRT executives and train officials working in the four provinces have the right to stop working and they has taken sick leave according to the organization’s procedure.

He encourages people to contact Train Hotline 1690 which operates around the clock or SRT War Room Center at 0-2220-4233 for information about train services during the strike.

Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand

Hrmmmm I smell irony here ...

The Peoples Alliance for Democracy is causing civil unrest and protesting against a Democratically elected government.

It`s more of a coalition of slimy parties and their criminal litigant members than an elected government.

But they were Democratically Elected into power correct??? They could be a bunch of rubber chickens for all I care however they were elected to power by the majority ...

Hey here's an idea, how about calling the SRT and asking them rather than getting second or third hand information off the forums... :o

Only been here a few weeks and the country seems to be flushing itself down the toilet ? Is there anywhere peaceful in Thailand where ' politics ' is not messing everything up. Can't even get a train up country now unless I take a bus. Is it always like this ? :o

Paul

Attempting to compare Thai democracy and governance to democracy and government in the U.S.A. is a mindless and brainless exercise. Trying to say the U.S.A. and North Korea in the same breath only betrays the distorted intent of the person making such an asinine post. Get a life.

Mr. Phairat says the labor unions affirmed they have no conflict with the SRT executives and train officials working in the four provinces have the right to stop working and they has taken sick leave according to the organization’s procedure.

He encourages people to contact Train Hotline 1690 which operates around the clock or SRT War Room Center at 0-2220-4233 for information about train services during the strike.

Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand

Thank you dear sir/madam, whichever the case may be

The Chinese, Chinese/Thai in Thailand don't demonstrate, they would pay someone else to do it for them. They are way too busy making money.

There are plenty of Thai Chinese in these demonstrations (and are on all sides involved)... although you're right, there are also plenty who are paying someone else to do it for them.

:o

I agree , what an asinine statement !! I suggest the poster move to N Korea and enjoy the freedom there.

what a thorough suggestion! i support and expand it: all posters who don't like the thai stile here in thailand may go everywhere, where they believe to be free of the brutal fact, that they have no say here, never ever nothing, thank buddha.

What is this rail strike about?

Pay, or is it a political protest? With such low investment, crumbling infrastructure and rolling stock, the SRT is really struggling to keep up with other communication progress.

Well think of it this way. The SRT looses a lot of money every day that they operate, so by the drivers going on sick pay it saves the SRT millions of TBT by not operating. Its a win win situation really. Except for the poor Thai people who use the service. In contrast how they can loose money when a first class sleeper from BKK to Korat cost USD 65 i wonder where the ,omey goes.......but that is another story

Only been here a few weeks and the country seems to be flushing itself down the toilet ? Is there anywhere peaceful in Thailand where ' politics ' is not messing everything up. Can't even get a train up country now unless I take a bus. Is it always like this ? :o

Welcome to Thailand. Messy politics are part of the package. Its a wonderful country full of mostly wonderful people, a good majority of them living in Esan, in the North, North East of the country. The bus system is by far the best way to get around the country, efficient and cheap. The last time i traveled by rail, first class sleeper from BKK to Chiang Mai, it took a long time to rid my body of bed bugs

Are the trains still on strike and if so, which major routes are affected?

Same question basically. While it's great to here how everyone is going to save Thailand I have a trip scheduled on Thursday afternoon to go to Chumphon from Bangkok. Are the rail workers still calling in sick? What's happening? Anybody got any news?